Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Paulter Fentarelli Strikes Again!!!

How many trades does Gretzky complete prior to the deadline (including on deadline day)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I dunno if anyone is listening to Oilers now right now, but Spector is absolutely lighting Stauffer up for defending Chiarelli. It's awesome haha.

The best quote?

"If the Oilers were an apartment, Chiarelli would not have got his damage deposit back" :laugh:

Spector is shredding Stauffer and dragging Chiarelli through the coals. Actually, he kind of sounds like an HF poster right now.

Reactions: frag2

North

Jun 25, 2009
I dunno if anyone is listening to Oilers now right now, but Spector is absolutely lighting Stauffer up for defending Chiarelli. It's awesome haha.

The best quote?

"If the Oilers were an apartment, Chiarelli would not have got his damage deposit back" :laugh:

Chiarelli looked at Mike Milbury's history as a GM and thought, hmm I could do worse.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Bobby is probably thinking I have to defend Chia but deep down he's destroyed this team.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Bobby is probably thinking I have to defend Chia but deep down he's destroyed this team.

I'd have to think and prospective GM would pause if they thought they'd get lit up by the org once they were no longer there.

Boston had a pretty acrimonious split with Chia but they haven't really gone on record about it.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA

The best quote?

Never has an analogy been more apt.

This organization and its mouth pieces truly are as confused as a chameleon in a bag of skittles.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The best quote?

They disagree a lot especially now that Stauffer is unsure which way to go with his own opinions.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I like to think Stauffer is just deep undercover within this org and he'll have a surprise book released one day exposing this ****-heap organization.
He would have a pretty good book knowing what he knows. Whether or not he actually writes one is another story.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
They disagree a lot especially now that Stauffer is unsure which way to go with his own opinions.

I usually don't listen to Stauffer, mostly because he is such an OEG homer I can't stand to listen to him. But, I have some sort of a sick obsession with listenting to Oilers media guys when the team is struggling, just to see what kind of horseshit explanations they have for this team. Stauffer never fails to disappoint.

Spector is literally telling him this team is shit, and he just sits there and does the "oh, ah, ehhh, urrr." Like he's talking about how Sekera coming back ices the same defensive lineup that was in the 16 playoffs and how they still got a chance to make it and Spector is just like no.....just....no.

He's trying to blame the Manning acquisition on Hitchcock. Chia must have paid this guy.

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I usually don't listen to Stauffer, mostly because he is such an OEG homer I can't stand to listen to him. But, I have some sort of a sick obsession with listenting to Oilers media guys when the team is struggling, just to see what kind of horse**** explanations they have for this team. Stauffer never fails to disappoint.

Spector is literally telling him this team is ****, and he just sits there and does the "oh, ah, ehhh, urrr." Like he's talking about how Sekera coming back ices the same defensive lineup that was in the 16 playoffs and how they still got a chance to make it and Spector is just like no.....just....no.

He's trying to blame the Manning acquisition on Hitchcock. Chia must have paid this guy.
They were going at it quite a bit on JP a week or two ago. I think it's because Stauffer had inside information that JP wouldn't go to the AHL, so that's why he argued so strongly.

Stauffer doesn't like to be wrong though. Instead of stating an opinion(which he was great at years ago), he goes the safe route.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
OBC is going to go down swinging, despite the fact we are closer to dead last than a wildcard spot. I wouldn’t let these guys do any trades except for some expiring contracts for picks.

I think Keith Gretzky has a decent sense of what needs to be done (based on his first two trades). I'd like to see more trades like the two he's already made.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think KG's priority for the deadline should be shipping out Rieder and Petro for futures and then using that cap space to hopefully find a team who would ship out a $3-4M+ player on an expiring deal for Manning.

They're dead in the water. Do as much as you can to get money off next year's books.

Last edited:
Reactions: frag2

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Duchene isn't resigning there and they don't have a first round pick.

I get the pick part but you devalue it by including Lucic. Puljujarvi makes some sense since he’s young, going to be cheap to resign and cost controlled. If I’m Ottawa I’m looking for an established, young player, blue chip prospect and a 1st. I don’t think Puljujarvi is established at all but maybe they do.

Now if it’s a pure rental, maybe that price comes down, but if Duchene is signed (or willing to), Ottawa will want lots.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Does anyone really think that Rieder would get claimed off of waivers? Which playoff team needs a rental with zero f***ing goals in 44 games with Draisaitl/Chiasson as his linemates 25% of the time?
I bet teams are just dying to pick up a guy like that for a deep playoff run :laugh:

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I have a feeling the idiots in charge of this organization are going to look at the 15 game winning streak in Bakersfield and make some stupid trades, promote guys who aren't ready, and have so more terrible years.

Reactions: Homesick

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad