Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Perry? Neal? Eriksson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I can't see all the old ****s who run that team right now buying into his nonsense. There's probably going to be a massive roster overhaul before the wheels start moving the right way in Anaheim.

I can imagine the look on Perry and Getzlaf’s face when he rips down their cup winning photos in the locker room for some insane motivational saying and then proceeds to lecture them on how hockey is to be played without hitting.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
On XM NHL Network radio they keep saying the Oilers have some interest in bringing in Phaneuf. They are also saying he would have to know coming in he will most likely be a healthy scratch a portion of games. I know he's a really good locker room guy.
His reputation is anything but that of a good locker room guy.

It's funny early on in both junior and in Calgary most stories and rumors were that he was a lockerroom cancer and a grade "A" douche and even in Toronto it didn't sound like he started off on the best foot, but quickly turned things around and became known as a consummate pro and good lockerroom guy. I have had a deep seeded hatred for all things Phaneuf, but I think it is reasonable to assume he has matured and changed over the years, based on all the tidbits out there.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It's funny early on in both junior and in Calgary most stories and rumors were that he was a lockerroom cancer and a grade "A" *****e and even in Toronto it didn't sound like he started off on the best foot, but quickly turned things around and became known as a consummate pro and good lockerroom guy. I have had a deep seeded hatred for all things Phaneuf, but I think it is reasonable to assume he has matured and changed over the years, based on all the tidbits out there.

A friend went to high school with him, said he was a complete douche (no surprise). But it seems like he's matured a lot over the years, could see him being a good lockerroom guy now. Is he worth being a 7D though when they already have a few options with upside?

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
It's funny early on in both junior and in Calgary most stories and rumors were that he was a lockerroom cancer and a grade "A" *****e and even in Toronto it didn't sound like he started off on the best foot, but quickly turned things around and became known as a consummate pro and good lockerroom guy. I have had a deep seeded hatred for all things Phaneuf, but I think it is reasonable to assume he has matured and changed over the years, based on all the tidbits out there.

Might as well keep manning. Lol.

Can he rebound to his last season with Phily? He seemed to fall off a cliff after he got his contract. Maybe waivers and the minors motivated him in the off season.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm sure if you spoke to anyone employed in an NHL organization they'd tell you differently. You're an Oiler fan who saw Justin Schultz go from trainwreck to Norris-calibre in two short years because he was on a roster with the ability to push the play the other way.

Shattenkirk isn't a game-breaking defenseman. He's a complimentary puck mover who can produce on the PP. Put him in a good situation, he's a 60 point defenseman. Put him in a bad one and he looks like he does now.

As for 'chasing', what are we giving up? The only value we're giving up here is trading back twelve spots in the draft. Either of the players we're getting cost considerably more than Jesse Puljujarvi, as does the ability to clear the entire term of Milan Lucic's contract.

The Oilers make out like bandits.

I have to agree with you on this . We might be able to move up with the 20th and our 2nd . Also if we have Shattenkirk we can move 1 of Russell or Sekera to open more cap space for anther winger and a 3C

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Shattenkirk
Jones Sekera
Lagesson

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Kreider RNH ufa
Xxx UFA / trade Puljujarvi

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I imagine he's got one of those bike trailers filled to the brim with bananas and mangos, a can of macro greens and a small battery powered smoothie blender.

Officer; have you been drinking sir? you were swerving into traffic....
Eakins; Only smoothies, sir.
Officer; ....how many smoothies have you had?

“Could be the banana I have lodged back there causing me to bicycle erratically”

Cop: “Yeah sure is...should be in the front of your spandex shorts not the back”

“Thanks Officer!”

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Just spit-balling, what about flipping Manning for Michael Stone? Maybe if we add a 4th or a project like Wells or Safin?
Both have one year left, the Flames save 500k, get a bit of a sweetener, maaaaybe Manning does a bit of good down there.
Oilers add a bit of salary, but get the better player. Stone has been lost in the Flames and injuries, but he's still an upgrade, he's an actual NHL caliber defender, an RHD who can sure shoot the puck. We can actually use him in the lineup somewhat positively is what I mean, instead of just wasting cap on Manning.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just spit-balling, what about flipping Manning for Michael Stone? Maybe if we add a 4th or a project like Wells or Safin?
Both have one year left, the Flames save 500k, get a bit of a sweetener, maaaaybe Manning does a bit of good down there.
Oilers add a bit of salary, but get the better player. Stone has been lost in the Flames and injuries, but he's still an upgrade, he's an actual NHL caliber defender, an RHD who can sure shoot the puck. We can actually use him in the lineup somewhat positively is what I mean, instead of just wasting cap on Manning.
Why? Stone is no better than Russell or Benning.

Reactions: Aerchon

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Give me hockey news! I’m so sick of waiting.

zpp05ct.jpg

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Does Todd Nelson interview bad or something? He got more out of the same Oilers team than Eakins, but he cant seem to find a job while Eakins gets another HC gig.

That's like saying 2 guys dated 2 fugly sisters and Nelsons was a little less ugly.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
No, he has not. He has one 30 goal season and a career high of 50 points. He’s a middling 2C.

It was the 25 goal season I was thinking of, my bad. Either way he’s had 25, 30, 20, and 24 goal seasons. To put that in perspective he’d be valued around the same as RNH if he had a 4M cap hit at the time of trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad