Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Perry? Neal? Eriksson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Does Todd Nelson interview bad or something? He got more out of the same Oilers team than Eakins, but he cant seem to find a job while Eakins gets another HC gig.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So we are trading a guy that doesn't grow on trees for what reason exactly?
I think his stance is that he doesn't believe Nurse is a consistent 40P D, especially on this team going forward, and he thinks we should trade him when his value is highest rather than giving him a long-term contract.

I don't necessarily disagree that Nurse likely won't be a 40P D when he loses his spot on the PP, but I sure as hell don't want to trade him away for a winger. I could see something like Nurse ++ for a better top pairing RHD making sense, but thats really the only trade that makes sense with Nurse. I'd rather keep all 3 of Nurse, Klef, and Larsson, while slowing integrating our young promising D prospects into the line up as the Russell and Sekera contracts expire. My goal would be to bring in one D each season for the next 3 seasons and ship out Benning/Russell/Sekera over that time for some forward depth. I think the most likely is we see one of our AHL guys/Persson break in this year. Bouchard breaks in full-time next year (maybe midway through the season this year), and then Samorukov a year later (or midway through next season). Russell and Benning are the first two to go in order to make room, and Sekera gets to be the baby sitter partner for each of the young guys as they break into the league until his contract is up or he is surpassed by 3 guys on the depth chart.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Dislike him as a coach but good for him and his family. He earned it.

Plus if he’s a tire fire it benefits the Oilers. :sarcasm:
I can't see all the old f***s who run that team right now buying into his nonsense. There's probably going to be a massive roster overhaul before the wheels start moving the right way in Anaheim.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Eakins must be having the bike ride of his life on the way back to San Diego to pack up his stuff.

I imagine he's got one of those bike trailers filled to the brim with bananas and mangos, a can of macro greens and a small battery powered smoothie blender.

Officer; have you been drinking sir? you were swerving into traffic....
Eakins; Only smoothies, sir.
Officer; ....how many smoothies have you had?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So we are trading a guy that doesn't grow on trees for what reason exactly?

For a 30 goal scorer who fits with the team long term... getting a guy like Connor sets us up long term up front. I’m not convinced that Both Nurse and Klefbom are on this team the next time we make the playoffs.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Eakins probably wants him back on the Oilers too, would make his team winning against us easier.
upload_2019-6-16_14-58-42.png

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I imagine he's got one of those bike trailers filled to the brim with bananas and mangos, a can of macro greens and a small battery powered smoothie blender.

Officer; have you been drinking sir? you were swerving into traffic....
Eakins; Only smoothies, sir.
Officer; ....how many smoothies have you had?

Oh I like the bike trailer idea. This video sums up what I think is going on in Dallas World right now

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think his stance is that he doesn't believe Nurse is a consistent 40P D, especially on this team going forward, and he thinks we should trade him when his value is highest rather than giving him a long-term contract.

I don't necessarily disagree that Nurse likely won't be a 40P D when he loses his spot on the PP, but I sure as hell don't want to trade him away for a winger. I could see something like Nurse ++ for a better top pairing RHD making sense, but thats really the only trade that makes sense with Nurse. I'd rather keep all 3 of Nurse, Klef, and Larsson, while slowing integrating our young promising D prospects into the line up as the Russell and Sekera contracts expire. My goal would be to bring in one D each season for the next 3 seasons and ship out Benning/Russell/Sekera over that time for some forward depth. I think the most likely is we see one of our AHL guys/Persson break in this year. Bouchard breaks in full-time next year (maybe midway through the season this year), and then Samorukov a year later (or midway through next season). Russell and Benning are the first two to go in order to make room, and Sekera gets to be the baby sitter partner for each of the young guys as they break into the league until his contract is up or he is surpassed by 3 guys on the depth chart.

There aren't many Dmen in the league that can score 40 points with no PP time.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Out of the 30 defensemen that scored 40 points or more Nurse was 24th in % of points scored on the pp. Compared to most of the other scoring Dmen he got most of his points even strength.

It would be sheer and utter lunacy to think about trading him unless he was in a package that brought back something very special.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Out of the 30 defensemen that scored 40 points or more Nurse was 24th in % of points scored on the pp. Compared to most of the other scoring Dmen he got most of his points even strength.

It would be sheer and utter lunacy to think about trading him unless he was in a package that brought back something very special.

I had an hour long argument over beers with a buddy that was adamant that we should trade him for Drouin. His loyalties are in question because he cheers for both teams but I can’t think of a less Tippett player than Drouin, who for my money is the most frustrating player in the NHL. All the talent in the world but the work ethic of a lazy housecat.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Too be fair reimer is trash too.

Mostly a trash for trash trade

He had an off year, but I like his chances to rebound better than a lot of guys that teams could be selling low on. He had injuries this year, and his 3 prior were .922, .920 and .913. That's basically god status vs the crap we've been through the last 2 seasons.

I don't disagree he is a buy low candidate. Just question if he's so low a team would not only give him away, but also a pick to take on an actual sure thing piece of garbage like Manning.

Last edited:
Reactions: guymez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad