Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | Kyle Dubarelli Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
At this point in time after last nights game I'm willing to put everyone on the trade block not named McDavid and drai. Rnh nurse klef all can be traded but only if we're winning the trade no more chia specials. Something has to change time to start over imo

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Well I don't like the cap hit for the years. The one good thing he has been able to do is make the contracts movable. If signing him long term doesnt appear to be in the books, orothe core seems broken,after year 3 summer bonus, who wouldn't want Auston for 7'950'000.l, and that'd bring back a boat load, same goes with nylanders contract, and probably mariners contract when it gets done.

So at least if Dubas completely messes up, there will be a reset button where we could get a ton of assets.. cups and this core staying together would be way cooler though.. hopefully management has things up their sleeves and prove our worries were just leafs fans being leafs fans.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think that no trade promise was only for this year.

I found the quote from Nylander's side:
"Kyle has told me several times that as long as he is in charge I will not be traded. So I cannot say that I am particularly worried."

Note sure if there is another side of the coin story out there somewhere referring to this year specifically.

This was after Burke's comments in mid January that he should be traded away from Toronto.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I found the quote from Nylander's side:
"Kyle has told me several times that as long as he is in charge I will not be traded. So I cannot say that I am particularly worried."

Note sure if there is another side of the coin story out there somewhere referring to this year specifically.

This was after Burke's comments in mid January that he should be traded away from Toronto.
I heard on the radio that his agent told him to say that even though the team never did. So if they trade him, the team looks like a bunch of liars and the team can't say they didn't say that cause then they are calling him a liar.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think fixing this team takes 2-3 seasons. If that's so, zero chance RNH resigns. Guy is having a career high season. Maybe it's time to reward Nuge for his effort and find him a new home and get GOOD value for once on one of our guys.

Montreal still needs a legit center and they have a few prospects that I would love to have.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We've scouted Boston something like 6 games in a row. If we don't trade with them what a waste of scouting assets. If this team really wants to try to make a push for the playoffs it has t start now, the team needs to feel like the calvary is coming as they are clearly down and out at the moment. The longer we wait the more likely that we will be in contention for the top pick and not the playoffs.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think fixing this team takes 2-3 seasons. If that's so, zero chance RNH resigns. Guy is having a career high season. Maybe it's time to reward Nuge for his effort and find him a new home and get GOOD value for once on one of our guys.

Montreal still needs a legit center and they have a few prospects that I would love to have.

Who would you want from us for Nuge?

Centre isn’t as dire a need for us anymore btw with domi doing fine, kotka looking like a future 1st liner, Poehling in the pipeline and Danault. But obviously Nuge is an improvement on Danault.

North

Jun 25, 2009
We've scouted Boston something like 6 games in a row. If we don't trade with them what a waste of scouting assets. If this team really wants to try to make a push for the playoffs it has t start now, the team needs to feel like the calvary is coming as they are clearly down and out at the moment. The longer we wait the more likely that we will be in contention for the top pick and not the playoffs.

Boston isn’t giving up anything substantial before the playoffs. Maybe prospects of note but that doesn’t help the Oilers during a playoff race.

At this point, if we are being honest with ourselves, we are sellers. We don’t have a lot worth selling though. Talbot will probably bring back a mid to late pick. Chiasson probably a mid-round pick unless we re-sign him. Gravel and Reider may return something.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Trade Rieder, Chiasson and Petrovic. Find a few more fringe guys to test out for the remainder of the season. If this team is going to make the playoffs, it'll be on the backs of about five players. And I don't think this group can get it done. Too much mental weakness.

It's also pretty clear that Hitchcock doesn't have the room.

Trading for other players is kind of pointless though considering all of the ones brought in this season aren't even playing.

Reactions: MessierII

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Centre isn’t as dire a need for us anymore btw with domi doing fine, kotka looking like a future 1st liner, Poehling in the pipeline and Danault. But obviously Nuge is an improvement on Danault.
I figured Domi is better on the wing. Next year you guys could have a top 6 of

Drouin - RNH - Gallagher
Domi - Kotkaniemi - whoever

And Danault can be your 3 c.

I am a big fan of Poehling and Brooks. Something around one or both of those guys maybe?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Trade Rieder, Chiasson and Petrovic. Find a few more fringe guys to test out for the remainder of the season. If this team is going to make the playoffs, it'll be on the backs of about five players. And I don't think this group can get it done. Too much mental weakness.

It's also pretty clear that Hitchcock doesn't have the room.

Trading for other players is kind of pointless though considering all of the ones brought in this season aren't even playing.

You forgot Talbot.

(Also it's not mental weakness.)

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Backes scratched again for the Bruins.

Any chance the Bruins would consider (with Backes and Lucic's consent):

Backes - full ticket; 2 years remaining at 6M

for

Lucic - Oilers retain 33.333 percent salary retention (making Lucic a 4M AAV player)
3rd Round pick 2021
5th Round pick 2019

Oilers buy out Backes this summer for $10.6667M in real dollars. They retain 33.333% of Lucic's contract at 2M in real dollars for 4 seasons = 8M

Lucic's buy out would be 21.5M if it happened this summer. So the Oilers trade a 3rd and 5th to save 2.83M in real dollars. Bruins get the picks and Lucic (off chance he could bounce back with them).

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Nick Suzuki or Josh Brook would have to be involved.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You forgot Talbot.

(Also it's not mental weakness.)
It's complete mental weakness. Three blown third period leads in a row. That is unprecedented. This is a team that has figured out how to close those games out in past seasons. The team right now gives up when bad things happen. Hitchcock isn't helping.

And yes, Talbot goes--but that should have already happened. The moment that Koskinen contract got signed, he should have been on the first train out of here. I'd also shop Matt Benning. We've spent assets to acquire Brandon Manning and Alex Petrovic, they should be playing a regular shift. The fact that they aren't is just another example of the disconnect between our still employed scouting department and both coaching staffs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Backes scratched again for the Bruins.

Any chance the Bruins would consider (with Backes and Lucic's consent):

Backes - full ticket; 2 years remaining at 6M

for

Lucic - Oilers retain 33.333 percent salary retention (making Lucic a 4M AAV player)
3rd Round pick 2021
5th Round pick 2019

Oilers buy out Backes this summer for $10.6667M in real dollars. They retain 33.333% of Lucic's contract at 2M in real dollars for 4 seasons = 8M

Lucic's buy out would be 21.5M if it happened this summer. So the Oilers trade a 3rd and 5th to save 2.83M in real dollars. Bruins get the picks and Lucic (off chance he could bounce back with them).
No on cares about the real dollars. They care about the cap hit

Reactions: McBooya42

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's complete mental weakness. Three blown third period leads in a row. That is unprecedented. This is a team that has figured out how to close those games out in past seasons. The team right now gives up when bad things happen. Hitchcock isn't helping.
That Anaheim comeback win in the playoffs destroyed this teams confidence entirely.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Last night was the line. Up to 2-1 in the 3rd, close playoff race and Klefbom back. A win gives you hope for the push. A blowout like that is the sign that you owe it to the next GM to clear as much cap as possible for them.

Here's hoping we win a top 2 pick!

Embarrassing but is what Chia left us with . How a GM could be so incompetent is beyond words .
f*** I was just as dumb as I liked the hiring and defended it until last year . I need a good kick in the head or this

Chia in contract negotiation

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

I disagree. You could see the seeds of the meltdown growing last night early in the second when Chicago started to take it to them and Talbot had to bail them out again and again. That's not mental weakness, that's a team that doesn't have the talent to hang with even a crap team like Chicago when McDavid and Drai aren't on the ice. It's not psychology.

And yes, Talbot goes--but that should have already happened. The moment that Koskinen contract got signed, he should have been on the first train out of here. I'd also shop Matt Benning. We've spent assets to acquire Brandon Manning and Alex Petrovic, they should be playing a regular shift. The fact that they aren't is just another example of the disconnect between our still employed scouting department and both coaching staffs.

Sunk cost fallacy. They don't help the team, why play them?

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad