Rumour, Trade & FA Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Okay, let's start this thread off with a bang.

If the Jets really want to go after a top C, then maybe they should look higher than basic 2C options and opt for a 1a / 1b scenario.

That is going to cost them a big amount in trade, and would be a franchise-altering move. That also makes it highly improbable, but let's go crazy.

Trade 1:

To NJ: Laine
To WPG: Hischier, #10 OA pick

Imagine the Devils draft Rossi at #6 as their future 2C, and add Laine as a scoring star to play with Hughes or Rossi. It's a franchise that needs a jolt.

Jets get a young, very good 2C. Roslovic has to move up to 2RW, or they shift Ehlers to RW and fill in with Copp or Harkins or Vesalainen. They also get two picks to take a shot at a future top RW (Jarvis, Quinn, Mercer).

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Hischier-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Harkins

Trade 2:

To BUF: Laine
To WPG: Reinhart, #7 OA

Buffalo desperately needs to shake things up. Reinhart might not be a top C, but he's a strong top 6F, and probably a better C than the Jets have. The #7 OA pick gives the Jets a shot at a top forward like Holtz, Raymond, Rossi or Perfetti to replace some of Laine's offense.

Okay, fire away. Any other blockbusters to propose, with Laine or another top forward?

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016

If the Jets really want to go after a top C, then maybe they should look higher than basic 2C options and opt for a 1a / 1b scenario.

That is going to cost them a big amount in trade, and would be a franchise-altering move. That also makes it highly improbable, but let's go crazy.

Trade 1:

Imagine the Devils draft Rossi at #6 as their future 2C, and add Laine as a scoring star to play with Hughes or Rossi. It's a franchise that needs a jolt.

Jets get a young, very good 2C. Roslovic has to move up to 2RW, or they shift Ehlers to RW and fill in with Copp or Harkins or Vesalainen. They also get two picks to take a shot at a future top RW (Jarvis, Quinn, Mercer).

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Hischier-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Harkins

Trade 2:

Buffalo desperately needs to shake things up. Reinhart might not be a top C, but he's a strong top 6F, and probably a better C than the Jets have. The #7 OA pick gives the Jets a shot at a top forward like Holtz, Raymond, Rossi or Perfetti to replace some of Laine's offense.

Okay, fire away. Any other blockbusters to propose, with Laine or another top forward?

This is all fine but what do you and jets do when Blake's wheels fall of in a season or two? IMHO eye test says the decline has already started do the stats back this up?

Blake Wheeler is 33 years old. But we aslo desperately neep him, since there is no one in that locker room that is yet fit to carry a C apart from Wheeler IMHO.

But then again I think the jest will get the most in return for Laine if they trade him this summer. But trading him for a 2C sort of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

Maybe trading 29 for a stud D man instead would help the Jets more, someone who has a bomb of a shot on the PP, like Dumba or Werenski?

Vincent Trocheck is still only 26 ans at least before his last injury was one of the leagues most underrated 2C. Have not seen hin play enough games since his return from injury to have an honest opinion. He is relatively small like Little, but apart from that he has all the tools IF he still has the same foot speed after the injury. So maybe Trockeck/Hamilton and picks/prospect for Laine. Carolina will never trade Slavin and Pesche IMHO.

OK what about Laine for Domi and Petry and picks/prospect ? You get a solid top 4 defensman who can also put up some points and a 2C that can also play on the wing?

Last one, Zack Werenski plus Josh Anderson and picks/prospects for Laine.

Patrik is going to want close to 9-10m$ IF and wherever he signs long term. That is a lot of capspace for the Jets to use on D and a 2C in the long term.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This is all fine but what do you and jets do when Blake's wheels fall of in a season or two? IMHO eye test says the decline has already started do the stats back this up?

Blake Wheeler is 33 years old. But we aslo desperately neep him, since there is no one in that locker room that is yet fit to carry a C apart from Wheeler IMHO.

But then again I think the jest will get the most in return for Laine if they trade him this summer. But trading him for a 2C sort of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

Maybe trading 29 for a stud D man instead would help the Jets more, someone who has a bomb of a shot on the PP, like Dumba or Werenski?

Vincent Trocheck is still only 26 ans at least before his last injury was one of the leagues most underrated 2C. Have not seen hin play enough games since his return from injury to have an honest opinion. He is relatively small like Little, but apart from that he has all the tools IF he still has the same foot speed after the injury. So maybe Trockeck/Hamilton and picks/prospect for Laine. Carolina will never trade Slavin and Pesche IMHO.

OK what about Laine for Domi and Petry and picks/prospect ? You get a solid top 4 defensman who can also put up some points and a 2C that can also play on the wing?

Last one, Zack Werenski plus Josh Anderson and picks/prospects for Laine.

Patrik is going to want close to 9-10m$ IF and wherever he signs long term. That is a lot of capspace for the Jets to use on D and a 2C in the long term.

Habs fan here - done!

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

Trade 1:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Hischier-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Harkins

Trade 2:

Rienhart is better then sheif ???

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Habs fan here - done!
I think you have to aim higher than Domi or Trochek if you trade Laine. You might consider going for a high pick and a slightly lower level player, but the Jets would need a premium asset or two back for Laine, like a top 5 pick and a top 6 forward with some term.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

No way in the world I give away Laine for that...

Total Cure

May 15, 2017

Trade 1:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Hischier-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Harkins

Trade 2:

I’d be tempted by the Jersey proposal.

How about Laine + Niku for Ekblad + Borgstrom? Add picks to even out if needed.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I’m not trading Laine. I’m playing him with Scheifele or supporting him with a C to maximize his potential.

I would rather Chevy is aggressive if/when a young C is available to pair him with Laine. IF a player like Barkov is available, because he won’t sign long term with Panthers and they want to change course, then I’d love for Chevy to get aggressive. Something like:

To Florida:
Ehlers
Pionk
Roslovic or Copp

To Winnipeg:
Barkov

Laine-Barkov-Puljujarvi (traded for with picks)
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-Little
Vesalainen-Gus-Perreault

Morrissey-DeMelo
Samberg-Hamonic (Signed as FA)
Heinola-Poolman

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I am a huge advocate for more trades and progressing the line up with more the drafting and developing.

But IMO laine doesnt go anywhere, unless it's for a petrangelo type dman or forward of his caliber. Straight up hockey trade.

I think using the cap we have to fix our defense and grabbing a 2c at the deadline for the next couple seasons will be good enough to contend.

And this is coming from a guy who dislikes how slow drafting and developing can be.

I've wanted a replacement for little for a while now but it just doesnt make sense and wont happen.

I urge posters to watch the overtime game against the leafes of jan 20, it shows Laines amazing development as a all around player.

Ovis goals and points dropped while he was being challenged to change his game for the better. And both skyrocketed back up when to continuously did the right things. He also led his team to a cup after that as well.

I see Laines development following a similar curve but we are lucky this is happening at such a young age.

Sellers beware on Laine

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Trade 1:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Hischier-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Perreault-Little-Harkins

Trade 2:

Like the NJD one a lot better than the Buf one. Reinhart may be a better 2C than what we have now but I believe he plays RW for Sabres. And it isn't like they are loaded with successful C's.

That said, with #7 OA we might be able to draft a 2C and play Reinhart in Laine's RW spot. He is no Laine but he is a legit top 6 RW and we have gained #7 OA. If he succeeds at 2C, so much the better. Draft a RW.

Draft option with #7 & #12 - Take Drysdale at 7 and Lundell with #12. Lundell gives another shot at a C or else a LW and move Ehlers to RW.

I like the possible options and I think it makes at least some sense for each other team.

Much as I would hate to lose Laine - and I really would hate to lose Laine - it makes sense to move him for the right return.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
I am a huge advocate for more trades and progressing the line up with more the drafting and developing.

But IMO laine doesnt go anywhere, unless it's for a petrangelo type dman or forward of his caliber. Straight up hockey trade.

I think using the cap we have to fix our defense and grabbing a 2c at the deadline for the next couple seasons will be good enough to contend.

And this is coming from a guy who dislikes how slow drafting and developing can be.

I've wanted a replacement for little for a while now but it just doesnt make sense and wont happen.

I urge posters to watch the overtime game against the leafes of jan 20, it shows Laines amazing development as a all around player.

Ovis goals and points dropped while he was being challenged to change his game for the better. And both skyrocketed back up when to continuously did the right things. He also led his team to a cup after that as well.

I see Laines development following a similar curve but we are lucky this is happening at such a young age.

Sellers beware on Laine

I'm not selling on Laine, but again during his last interview published in the sun, he said he is hoping for more ice time and to be a first line player when the season continues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most posters on this board along with Pomo and 55 don't see things that way.

Maybe just get Eakin to sign a discount hometown deal, they look to have more chemistry between them and Ehlers in this short sample size, then all season long with feffe and farmboy.

Pietrangelo is not realistic, but the Jets could do with a UFA dman that would make the other team play with their heads up like Dillon or Gudas.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not selling on Laine, but again during his last interview published in the sun, he said he is hoping for more ice time and to be a first line player when the season continues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most posters on this board along with Pomo and 55 don't see things that way.

Maybe just get Eakin to sign a discount hometown deal, they look to have more chemistry between them and Ehlers in this short sample size, then all season long with feffe and farmboy.

Laine saw his fair share of first line ice time this past year so its not out of the realm of possibilities that he doesn't stick their as soon as next year rolls around. He's getting to the point where he is better then Wheeler.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I haven’t been laughed at in a while, so let’s have fun... (plus I’m bored)

EDM: Niku
WPG: Puljujarvi

CGY: 1st + Roslovic + Gustafsson + Stanley/pick
WPG: Monahan

Anyone: Perreault
WPG: highest pick/prospect possible

Connor - Scheif - Wheeler
Ehlers - Monahan - Laine
Copp - Lowry - Puljujarvi
Harkins - Little - Appleton

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I haven’t been laughed at in a while, so let’s have fun... (plus I’m bored)

EDM: Niku
WPG: Puljujarvi

CGY: 1st + Roslovic + Gustafsson + Stanley/pick
WPG: Monahan

Anyone: Perreault
WPG: highest pick/prospect possible

Connor - Scheif - Wheeler
Ehlers - Monahan - Laine
Copp - Lowry - Puljujarvi
Haskins - Little - Appleton
Who is Haskins? Niku is worth more than pul. If that’s all that it takes to get Mona I’m on board.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Like the NJD one a lot better than the Buf one. Reinhart may be a better 2C than what we have now but I believe he plays RW for Sabres. And it isn't like they are loaded with successful C's.

That said, with #7 OA we might be able to draft a 2C and play Reinhart in Laine's RW spot. He is no Laine but he is a legit top 6 RW and we have gained #7 OA. If he succeeds at 2C, so much the better. Draft a RW.

Draft option with #7 & #12 - Take Drysdale at 7 and Lundell with #12. Lundell gives another shot at a C or else a LW and move Ehlers to RW.

I like the possible options and I think it makes at least some sense for each other team.

Much as I would hate to lose Laine - and I really would hate to lose Laine - it makes sense to move him for the right return.
Are there any 2c in draft outside top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->