Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Wheeler was supposed to golf in the Players Cup in Winnipeg Aug. 16 weekend but he pulled out and now Scheifele is in. Wonder what the story is there.
This is concerning to me. I think it's a sign that contract negotiations are not going well between Chevy and Wheeler's agent.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
This is concerning to me. I think it's a sign that contract negotiations are not going well between Chevy and Wheeler's agent.

Maybe there are no negs. Maybe Wheeler and the Jets know the team can't offer enough to keep him, and as a soon to be ex-Jet he's cutting down on some of his extracurriculars.

Or maybe he stubbed his toe (does that matter in golf?) or wants to go to Disneyland with his kids.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The FP said it was due to "unforeseen personal commitments". We like to joke around on here, but you have to hope nothing bad is going on in his personal life.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Then why did he sign up for the tournament in the first place? Did he not have 2 young kids then?

Well as someone who has a young kid.... Things change usually on a dime. Ill tell you this much, if im a hockey player with young kids who i rarely see for months at a time, in the off season, my schedule revolves around them and not playing at a minor league golf tournament

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Jets should offersheet William Karlsson long term at 6 million per year. Vegas likely matches but atleast it sticks it to them.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Jets can't, because they don't own their 2019 third round pick. Ironically, VGK owns it.

Why not offer him 8.5, than we have 3 options, Trade for replacements(of the picks we lose), keep a Elite 2C, or bump them numbers up and hurt Vegas.

They wanna take Stastny we will put them in a Cap hell situation or take there prized Center in return.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
repeat after me: players who elected salary arbitration can't sign offer sheets.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This obsession with wanting another center should stop. It’s almost certainly not happening for a multitude of reasons.

I am very comfortable heading into this season as is.......If guys don’t perform well in or grow into rolls then we can address it at the trade deadline if we are in a playoff spot.

Our team looks great right now.

Reactions: STZD and Duke749

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why not offer him 8.5, than we have 3 options, Trade for replacements(of the picks we lose), keep a Elite 2C, or bump them numbers up and hurt Vegas.

They wanna take Stastny we will put them in a Cap hell situation or take there prized Center in return.

repeat after me: players who elected salary arbitration can't sign offer sheets.

What he said. Plus, no way Karlsson is worth that. VGK doesn't match. We are ******.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am very comfortable heading into this season as is.......If guys don’t perform well in or grow into rolls then we can address it at the trade deadline if we are in a playoff spot.

Our team looks great right now.

I hope Chevy doesn't make any more big TD acquisitions.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I hope Chevy doesn't make any more big TD acquisitions.

I hope he holds the first and leaves the other picks as pieces to move. We have a shit ton of talent and most of it is young. It’s simply a balancing act now. Hopefully he can make the most of the options he’ll have.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I hope Chevy does everything he can to make the team better while our window for the cup is open. I would do the Stastny pickup 10/10 times.

I hope Chevy does everything he can to keep the window for the cup open for as long as possible.

Rentals are less likely to get us a cup than having 5-10 more years of contending will.

As good as Stastny was, he cost us a likely Little replacement - plus Erik Foley. And he didn't get us a cup.

Next TD we will probably lose another Little replacement or even a Trouba replacement. The return probably doesn't make the difference between getting a cup and not that time either.

Then, in another year we will lose Trouba, still with no replacement in sight. Buff will be entering the last year of his contract. Myers will be playing 2nd pair on a contract he can't live up to. Roslovic will be a 3C playing 2C. Also with no relief in sight. We will be a cap strapped bubble team.

The prices of rentals are massively disproportional to their contribution. Occasionally they may get a team a cup but they always shorten the window of contention. You pay the same price for 2-3 mos of a player as you would otherwise have to pay for 7-15 years of an equivalent player.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
After this year I agree, but I think this year might be our best shot and Chevy should pull out all the stops at the deadline of we still look like a Cup team.

This year will be our best shot if Chevy keeps trading the future for one shot. If he keeps building we can have 10-15 shots, or more. More shots have a much better chance of getting a cup than loading up for 1 shot does.

Things have to break right to get the cup. It doesn't go to the best team. It goes to the survivor. The best way to be the survivor is to have as many shots as possible.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I hope he holds the first and leaves the other picks as pieces to move. We have a **** ton of talent and most of it is young. It’s simply a balancing act now. Hopefully he can make the most of the options he’ll have.

I would hold on to 2nd and 3rd round picks too. Mostly what I would make available would be surplus assets, like some wingers who can't break in to our lineup and late picks. We probably don't need anyone who can be had for those kinds of assets unless we need an injury replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad