Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't at all like it much either but I saw it coming a mile away given how Maurice leaned on them more and more in important situations in the playoffs. I also saw Myers as not being moved when he was sent out in the year end press conference as part of the leadership core. Maurice also continually raved about him as a driver in the room even ehen unprompted. It was fairly obvious to me that the team was not going to move him (I would move him myself).

I think the org will keep Niku on the farm to start imo so Kulikov will be on the left with Poolman on the right.

Edit. There are ways of keeping him without sacrificing good young talent but it would be difficult and not something I would care to pursue.

I don't disagree that they likely keep Myers this year. I really hate it, but it is likely.

Enlighten me. I can't imagine how that could be done. Leave out the young part. Moving Wheeler or Buff would also get it done but those are ridiculous options. But then, so are all the others I can see. There is no buyout scenario that works either.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Myers stays, I think Perreault is definitely moving. Can't see them keeping both Myers and Perreault.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Any buzz about Winnipeg so far in the draft? Doesn't look too exciting for us so far

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If Myers stays, I think Perreault is definitely moving. Can't see them keeping both Myers and Perreault.

Jets already lost Enstrom.
Losing Myers this year will hurt.

Jets good D last season was because they had 6 top 4 dmen.
Now without
ENSTROM
people trading Myers and Kulikov back surgery.
One injury to
Buff Morrissey or Trouba.
Jets D are #&$&.

Perrault is the 1 player expendable out of everybody.

If we lost Perrault hope Stastny comes back.
Petan can slot in with Little and Roslovic at 3rd line.
If they needed depth for the playoff run middle 6 wingers are easier to find and doesn't cost as much as a center or top 4 d.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Jets already lost Enstrom.
Losing Myers this year will hurt.

Jets good D last season was because they had 6 top 4 dmen.
Now without
ENSTROM
people trading Myers and Kulikov back surgery.
One injury to
Buff Morrissey or Trouba.
Jets D are #&$&.

Perrault is the 1 player expendable out of everybody.

If we lost Perrault hope Stastny comes back.
Petan can slot in with Little and Roslovic at 3rd line.
If they needed depth for the playoff run middle 6 wingers are easier to find and doesn't cost as much as a center or top 4 d.
If Perreault goes, we cannot take any salary back whatsoever. Period.

Just take the Stastny dream and bury it thirty feet deep. We're not getting him back.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
I stumbled onto Myers and Machoo a while back in cutting the fat.. I hate to put choo in that category but he is. fat when it comes to the cap.... but true north is loyal, but not stupid. I think it all hangs on trouba getting signed... I bet you ,Chevy has a stastny timeline rolling big time. Chevy Talking about enstsrom and Hendricks. ... "was"... talking about stastny and morrow he said. .." was and is" in a presser paraphrase imo iirc

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Chevy has someone he coveted before reportedly, wanting peg first now. The fit. The leadership.... I could see Paulie walnuts signing to a reasonable 2-3yr. To have our 4 playoff centers 2018 is ridiculous and I as a gm would be thinking duh... 1 thing is loyalty. a bunch of young wingers with dope centers with buff trouba morrissey ...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Chevy has someone he coveted before reportedly, wanting peg first now. The fit. The leadership.... I could see Paulie walnuts signing to a reasonable 2-3yr. To have our 4 playoff centers 2018 is ridiculous and I as a gm would be thinking duh... 1 thing is loyalty. a bunch of young wingers with dope centers with buff trouba morrissey ...

And how exactly do you plan on fitting him under the cap?

No matter how much Chevy may want him, no matter how reasonable he may be, there is no room for him.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Alright Chevy, pull out out the elder wand and turn Petan into Jett Woo.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Ok is Mr Woo good at ice hockey or just good at being named Jett?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I don't at all like it much either but I saw it coming a mile away given how Maurice leaned on them more and more in important situations in the playoffs. I also saw Myers as not being moved when he was sent out in the year end press conference as part of the leadership core. Maurice also continually raved about him as a driver in the room even ehen unprompted. It was fairly obvious to me that the team was not going to move him (I would move him myself).

I think the org will keep Niku on the farm to start imo so Kulikov will be on the left with Poolman on the right.

Edit. There are ways of keeping him without sacrificing good young talent but it would be difficult and not something I would care to pursue.

I wonder if they think Myers having a healthy offseason means he could come back a bit more effective in his own zone. I swear he used to not have these balance issues and board battle issues before the injuries. He could have lost quite a bit of core strength because of all the down time. Just a theory though. Could be off base.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I wonder if they think Myers having a healthy offseason means he could come back a bit more effective in his own zone. I swear he used to not have these balance issues and board battle issues before the injuries. He could have lost quite a bit of core strength because of all the down time. Just a theory though. Could be off base.

What core? Lol

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Trouba will likely want Myers’ 2nd pp time, in the future. Though likely not a condition to resigning, but if you’re paying Trouba $6+ mill/yr, you’d sure like him to be a 40-50 (10-15 g, 30-35 a) point dman. That will take pp time.

Myers is a top 4 rh dman on most teams, just not the Jets. His salary and cap hit will be needed elsewhere.

I understand Chevy’s desire to keep the group together, but it’s not possible. Someone other than Enstrom will have to go. Within the next year, many of Stastny, Myers, Kulikov, Perreault, Wheeler, Buff and Little will have to leave.

Especially when our big contracts will be given to Laine, Scheifele, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, Trouba, Morrissey, Connor, and Lowry. That young core of 8 could cost $45-$50 mill alone. Leaving $30+ million for the other 15 players on the roster.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Trouba will likely want Myers’ 2nd pp time, in the future. Though likely not a condition to resigning, but if you’re paying Trouba $6+ mill/yr, you’d sure like him to be a 40-50 (10-15 g, 30-35 a) point dman. That will take pp time.
Niku & Morrissey may be better options though.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
No rush now since draft deals weren’t made.

Start signing players and see where you are in July. Stastny might be the first domino to fall. Other teams can talk to him soon, so the timing of his deal is likely early July. If he’s resigned by the Jets, at what value does it make cap sense? $5.5 mill? $6 mill? Not likely.

The RFAs follow a later timeline. Chevy may not be in a rush with them. Once the RFAs get checked off one by one, then we may see a Myers or Perreault moved.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I put this in league thread by accident.
I do agree that Myers should be dealt once a Trouba signs. Poolman is ready to fill that spot. My only concern is that our D depth is not that great which is why I see Chevy keeping Myers till this year. We got jmo troub, kuli buff, Morrow Poolman, chiarot in PB and Niku as our only real recall that is ready, without Myers were a few injuries away from some trouble.
It's why I see Perreault as the likely guy moved. I really like MP but he's easier to replace on the cheap with the likes of Roslo and Petan, plus his contract will come off books for more then next year, and after Myers contract ends after the season both contracts are gone. I like MP but I think he's the one to get dealt.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I can't really see Dano or Petan garnering much interest aside from being a throw in on a different trade. Other teams know full well neither would play on a fully healthy roster and no trade will happen until rosters are finalized as I imagine all the teams would rather just sit and wait to see if they'd get thrown on waivers.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Probably waiting to see who they keep. If Perreault is moved, they might be inclined to keep Petan and/or Dano.
Lets see here. If Perreault is dealt then this is what I see us starting with.
Connor Scheif Wheels
Ehlers Stastny Laine
Petan Little Roslo
Copp Lowry Armia
Tanev
Looks like Petan and or Dano will battle for last roster spot. If they're both dealt Lemieux is in the PB or Chevy signs a vet to sit there.
Our forward depth isn't that deep as with this we don't have a lot of quality recalls. Which is why I said in Ves thread that he starts with Moose as he will get recalled next season at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad