Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers and Trouba for Provorov and Couturier.

Done! ..... Oh wait. We have to ask Philly. :laugh:

Actually not all that far fetched but we win. I don't think Philly does that unless we add. Make it Sanheim instead of Provorov and it is closer - but we still win. Couturier is really good.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I mentioned earlier that I was just basing it off his past reputation. Shows how hard it can be to lose it once you get it.

Yeah, that worry was pretty big 2 years ago but I think he has put it behind him, although any concussion makes the next one at least a little more likely.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah, that worry was pretty big 2 years ago but I think he has put it behind him, although any concussion makes the next one at least a little more likely.

yeah they do make the next one easier.

before the current "awareness" about the injury, the thing that caused the most damage, is another concussion before the first one healed.

there have been times where it is surprising that a player did not receive multiple concussions in a single game.

I believe some did.

I think trouba will be fine

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
yeah they do make the next one easier.

before the current "awareness" about the injury, the thing that caused the most damage, is another concussion before the first one healed.

there have been times where it is surprising that a player did not receive multiple concussions in a single game.

I believe some did.

I think trouba will be fine

And Ekblad probably will too.

Reactions: Belzebob

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Put Jesus on Waivers ,see if anyone bites on that contract. He looked like a fish out of water last game.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Xavier Ouellet on waivers

Very unlikely he makes to us without being claimed but if not Chevy has to claim him.

Career Rel Corsi%: +2.2%
Career Rel xGF%: +3.01%

Imo a huge upgrade on Morrow in that #6/7 D slot.

And he goes unclaimed. Very disappointing. A player like this (perhaps Ouellet himself) will be traded for a 3rd at the deadline. Chevy should have claimed.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I like Ouellet, but I am not going to throw Morrow under the bus. He helped the team win a playoff series last year. Got a GWG to boot.

Ouellet doesn't have that playoff experience. If Niku plays well and Kulikov plays well, we will have Chiarot, Morrow, Poolman for depth. All with playoff experience last year. I think you'd like to add another defenseman but Ouellet does not tip the scales, just muddles the depth.

Kulikov is a major question mark due to his injuries. If I am part of the Jets management I have a backup plan to Kulikov. Morrow is what he is... a 7th D type but I think we can do better. Not saying Ouellet is a savior but we are going to be no worse off with him over Morrow... all indications are we might be slightly better.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Done! ..... Oh wait. We have to ask Philly. :laugh:

Actually not all that far fetched but we win. I don't think Philly does that unless we add. Make it Sanheim instead of Provorov and it is closer - but we still win. Couturier is really good.
So is Ehlers....I'd add a 2nd.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Kulikov is a major question mark due to his injuries. If I am part of the Jets management I have a backup plan to Kulikov. Morrow is what he is... a 7th D type but I think we can do better. Not saying Ouellet is a savior but we are going to be no worse off with him over Morrow... all indications are we might be slightly better.

I don't think Maurice or Chevy are panicking with Morrissey, Benny, Kulikov and Niku all battling for playing time. We would see Poolman on the right side if he wasn't injured. Then there is Morrow. I am not sure where Ouellet would fit in there.

I'd like a more impactful player, capable of top 4 minutes, closer to the deadline, keep a rotation with players we have. Niku has stepped up as Morrow's replacement. I think the depth is pretty good as is.

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Perhaps.

If the Jets trade Trouba for a LD, it needs to be a player that can really carry a 2nd pairing, because the Jets will be weak on RD. In essence, they would be switching for a 2 RD / 1 LD top 3 (Trouba, Buff, Morrissey) for a 2 LD / 1 RD top 3 (Morrissey, Sanheim, Buff).

Meanwhile, I hate to mention it but Myers has quietly been turning his game / season around. He's now on the plus side in CF%, relCF% and relxGF%, despite having the worst quality of team-mates on the team, by a fair margin. He's been getting relatively soft competition and zone starts, but that's compensated by having to play with a very shaky Morrow and Kulikov early in the season. I have a hunch that the Jets like Myers, and the feeling is mutual, so if Trouba is traded for a very good young LD, I wouldn't be surprised if Myers is re-signed on a team-friendly deal. It's not what I would advocate, but brace yourselves. It could look something like this...

Morrissey-Buff
Sanheim-Myers
Niku-Poolman

By the way, Niku has had some real struggles so far at the NHL level. I hope the Jets let him develop his way through it at the NHL level because he's going to be important for next season. But I fear that Maurice will lose confidence and avoid using him when they get deeper into the season.

And... Samberg might really be a dark-horse for a 3rd pairing spot as early as next season. He'll have an extra year of experience compared to Trouba's rookie season at the same level of competition. He won't produce much offense, but he's a big, shut-down type that is very smart with the puck. I'm looking forward to watching him in the WJHC.

(edited Myers for Poolman)...

I was over on the Philly site checking out how Sanheim is viewed and it appears they love him and think Hack is holding him back and sheltering him too much. Travis is in the last year of his current contract and I think he could be signed to a very affordable long term deal too. Their Garret (Appleyard) was pointing out how lovely he does in advanced stats as well so seems like Travis is checking allot of boxes. I would hate to see Trouba go but if he is determined to leave then I could see this being the starting point of a larger deal. Trouba is a "proven" stud top pairing RH D man with a physical edge that would fit nicely on the Flyers beside Provy eating about 25 minutes a night. Fletcher has seen a boat load of Trouba over the years and I am sure guys like Holmer would love what Jacob brings. Still think our medium and long term need is RHD but its fun to kick around ideas.

Reactions: SLAYER

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Really don't know what the point of Ouellet would be. He's basically the same as Joe Morrow, not much difference in the two really. Ouellet's a guy that Detroit drafted and developed and decided to buy out last summer, he's extremely cheap. I don't think anyone's paying a 3rd round pick for him.

Morrow is 26 years old, Oullet is 25. Morrow has played 140 career games, 8 goals, 17 assists and a -13 with 42 PIMs. Oullet's played 160 games, 5 goals, 21 assists and a -2 with 76 PIMs. Pretty similar players...perhaps the deep stats paint a different picture though.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was over on the Philly site checking out how Sanheim is viewed and it appears they love him and think Hack is holding him back and sheltering him too much. Travis is in the last year of his current contract and I think he could be signed to a very affordable long term deal too. Their Garret (Appleyard) was pointing out how lovely he does in advanced stats as well so seems like Travis is checking allot of boxes. I would hate to see Trouba go but if he is determined to leave then I could see this being the starting point of a larger deal. Trouba is a "proven" stud top pairing RH D man with a physical edge that would fit nicely on the Flyers beside Provy eating about 25 minutes a night. Fletcher has seen a boat load of Trouba over the years and I am sure guys like Holmer would love what Jacob brings. Still think our medium and long term need is RHD but its fun to kick around ideas.

I have found talking to Flyers fans about trading D men to be almost as pointless as talking to Ducks fans about it. They fall in love with their players too much to be able to be reasonable. Either they will not give up their players at all, or they demand ridiculous returns.

With their extreme L/R imbalance reason would suggest they fall all over themselves for a chance to get Trouba. In my (limited) experience with them they only want to argue that he is a bum we should be glad to get a 2nd for.

Philly is not exactly close to Miami/Ft Lauderdale but it is a 2.5 hr flight compared to a 4.5 hr flight from Winnipeg. It is in the USA and is a major market. I expect they would have some (KO), but not much trouble signing Trouba. They have the cap space. He would bring some of that meanness that Flyers & fans still love. That team needs something more than just better goaltending.

I would want more than just Sanheim but our left side needs help too. We have some prospects but right now there is no one ready for the NHL, much less top 4. Niku is close to NHL ready but there is no guarantee he ever becomes a top 4 D man. Samberg is promising but he is likely a long time away from top 4 also. Sanheim has the advantage of quite a bit of experience on the right side if that becomes necessary.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have found talking to Flyers fans about trading D men to be almost as pointless as talking to Ducks fans about it. They fall in love with their players too much to be able to be reasonable. Either they will not give up their players at all, or they demand ridiculous returns.

With their extreme L/R imbalance reason would suggest they fall all over themselves for a chance to get Trouba. In my (limited) experience with them they only want to argue that he is a bum we should be glad to get a 2nd for.

Philly is not exactly close to Miami/Ft Lauderdale but it is a 2.5 hr flight compared to a 4.5 hr flight from Winnipeg. It is in the USA and is a major market. I expect they would have some (KO), but not much trouble signing Trouba. They have the cap space. He would bring some of that meanness that Flyers & fans still love. That team needs something more than just better goaltending.

I would want more than just Sanheim but our left side needs help too. We have some prospects but right now there is no one ready for the NHL, much less top 4. Niku is close to NHL ready but there is no guarantee he ever becomes a top 4 D man. Samberg is promising but he is likely a long time away from top 4 also. Sanheim has the advantage of quite a bit of experience on the right side if that becomes necessary.

Yea I almost never see opposing fan groups agree on trades and I gave up on that part of HFBoards along time ago. Honestly this is the only place I would engage in trade discussion since its more about ideas than actually preforming the transactions which it seems like people on the trade thread think they are doing :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I liken Philly as a trade partner for the Jets this upcoming summer for Trouba. While my main hope is we re-sign him, Philly has a glut of prospects and young Dmen (albeit most are LH). Something like Sanheim+, or Myers++ would be of interest. If it's Myers, i think id want Frost added though. Not sure how Philly would feel towards that.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Connor-Roslovic-2019 1st

for

Werenski-Wennberg

Columbus fans thought it was fair on the mains, Werenski would go a long way in balancing our d-core and is the best player in the trade imo while Wennberg and Laine could be magic together. What do y'all think?

ESW
Wennberg-Little-Laine
CLT
PPA

Morrissey-Trouba
Werenski-Buff
Kuli-Myers

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Connor-Roslovic-2019 1st

for

Werenski-Wennberg

Columbus fans thought it was fair on the mains, Werenski would go a long way in balancing our d-core and is the best player in the trade imo while Wennberg and Laine could be magic together. What do y'all think?

ESW
Wennberg-Little-Laine
CLT
PPA

Morrissey-Trouba
Werenski-Buff
Kuli-Myers
Aren't Connor and Laine already magic together?
Ask if they'll take Ehlers instead.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Connor-Roslovic-2019 1st

for

Werenski-Wennberg

ESW
Wennberg-Little-Laine
CLT
PPA

Morrissey-Trouba
Werenski-Buff
Kuli-Myers
It certainly is an "all in" deal but it sacrifices too much imo.

I'm not familiar with Wennberg at all though- he only has 1 goal.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I'm not sure he moves any sort of bar for us though.

Have to wonder why a guy is bought out by one team and then waived by another in a short span.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Connor-Roslovic-2019 1st

for

Werenski-Wennberg

ESW
Wennberg-Little-Laine
CLT
PPA

Morrissey-Trouba
Werenski-Buff
Kuli-Myers
Connor for Werenski is close, I'd rather give up Ehlers(+?) instead though
Roslovic+1st for Wennberg is too much

IMO

Reactions: Huffer

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I liken Philly as a trade partner for the Jets this upcoming summer for Trouba. While my main hope is we re-sign him, Philly has a glut of prospects and young Dmen (albeit most are LH). Something like Sanheim+, or Myers++ would be of interest. If it's Myers, i think id want Frost added though. Not sure how Philly would feel towards that.

you're right. Myers + Frost might be a problem for Flyers fans. Easy fix. Make it Myers + Sanheim.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Off-season...

Flyers: Trouba
Jets: Sanheim, Frost

This is a realistic trade that I think helps both teams (even though I'd still like to see trouba here but yeah).

Trouba is the best player in the deal and he and provy can do what trouba and jomo are doing here.

Sanheim would be good on the second pair, and the jets take a chance that frost can be a 2c st some point. Also, with frost in the stable, you could then use all other prospects and picks besides him, vesa, samberg, niku, and hopefully 1sts, to get a young RHD.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
This is a realistic trade that I think helps both teams (even though I'd still like to see trouba here but yeah).

Trouba is the best player in the deal and he and provy can do what trouba and jomo are doing here.

Sanheim would be good on the second pair, and the jets take a chance that frost can be a 2c st some point. Also, with frost in the stable, you could then use all other prospects and picks besides him, vesa, samberg, niku, and hopefully 1sts, to get a young RHD.

Realistic really? This would be
Equivalent of someone wanting Morrissey and Connor from us a couple years ago for someone with only a year left on his contract. Not sure what player we would consider that a realistic trade offer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad