Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2020-21 Pt. IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think the players split, some live in the city itself and others live by the practice facility in the Westchester area. Living near the practice facility would give more of what you'd be looking for but I'm not super familiar with that area.
Pretty much. Greenburgh is right near Tarrytown. A 35 minute drive to Midtown and as suburban as Garden City is.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No need to use the word luck.

The NHL NEEDS the Rag$ and NYC to be a successful market. It's bad business for them not to be a competitive team. The league will do its part, quietly, in the background, to help steer that ship in that direction. Unofficially, of course.

I mean if I hear you correctly you are essentially suggesting that the NHL rigged the 2 draft lotteries where the rangers got h #2 (Kakko) and #1 overall picks (Lafreniere). Lots of us joke about it, but no matter how it might feel like that to you, you really need to have some sort of a smoking gun to make that claim and stand by it.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Hmmm . . . the Dolans or MLSE? I go with the evil organization north of the border.

Well the Leafs and the rangers are going to be #1 and #2 on the list of richest NHL teams for a long time. From Forbes....

The league’s five most valuable teams—the New York Rangers ($1.65 billion), the Toronto Maple Leafs ($1.5 billion), the Montreal Canadiens ($1.34 billion), the Chicago Blackhawks ($1.085 billion) and the Boston Bruins ($1 billon)—accounted for almost a quarter of the league’s revenue. Without them, the league would have lost $50 million.

NHL Team Values 2020: Hockey’s First Decline In Two Decades

In both cases the franchises take a "spare no expanse" mentality when it comes to trying to win, and have all the financial resources in the world to do so, so what difference does it make who is 1 or 2? It doesn't.

Reactions: joekono

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I mean if I hear you correctly you are essentially suggesting that the NHL rigged the 2 draft lotteries where the rangers got h #2 (Kakko) and #1 overall picks (Lafreniere). Lots of us joke about it, but no matter how it might feel like that to you, you really need to have some sort of a smoking gun to make that claim and stand by it.

Ohh, this is all just shits and giggles for me.

I also had fun like this a day after the Rangers were knocked out of the pre-playoffs:
upload_2021-4-15_21-57-5.png

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Who knows it would not surprise me at all if it’s true. Most people believe the draft for Ewing was rigged for the Knicks. I remember when the knicks got Ewing most thought they were getting the next Russel and they were going to win multiple titles. That didn’t quite work out.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I wonder if we could have done Komarov for Subban? That would put more stress on the cap though if we could fit, but man, would that be great depth..Subban instead of Mayfield :cool:

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I love Casey but not at this price
He's at $3.35m now. He's not gonna take less than 3m. $3.25m is right in range. But not 5 years, at least not from NYI. Lou will probably offer 3x3, and Casey will have to decide if a few hundred grand is worth leaving the only team he's ever know right when they're a contender.

Reactions: eoin92

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
He's at $3.35m now. He's not gonna take less than 3m. $3.25m is right in range. But not 5 years, at least not from NYI. Lou will probably offer 3x3, and Casey will have to decide if a few hundred grand is worth leaving the only team he's ever know right when they're a contender.

He’s what 29? I’m not giving him 5 years for his style of play and injury frequency, paying 3 for a 4C in this economy?! If he is taking closer to 1.5/2 then let’s sign.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
He’s what 29? I’m not giving him 5 years for his style of play and injury frequency, paying 3 for a 4C in this economy?! If he is taking closer to 1.5/2 then let’s sign.

He's actually 30 and would be 36 at the end of a 5 year deal but that doesnt change your point. Agree completely, especially in the flat cap era. If Casey comes back it most likely has to be at a lower number, otherwise will wish him well

Reactions: bstash19

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
He's actually 30 and would be 36 at the end of a 5 year deal but that doesnt change your point. Agree completely, especially in the flat cap era. If Casey comes back it most likely has to be at a lower number, otherwise will wish him well
I’d imagine Casey will be back, I can see him taking less to stay here.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Cizikas should walk and be replaced with a player making the league minimum. Looking ahead you have got one more season of Clutterbuck before we let him walk. If Cizikas gets anything larger than 2.5 on a long term deal that is a mistake.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Cizikas should walk and be replaced with a player making the league minimum. Looking ahead you have got one more season of Clutterbuck before we let him walk. If Cizikas gets anything larger than 2.5 on a long term deal that is a mistake.
Agreed, 4th liners is where cup teams have league minimum guys so they can afford stars everywhere else in their lineup. We all love our fourth line and it has been great hearing we have the best fourth line in the league for a decade but this is where the Isles tried to reinvent the wheel by having 2 second lines and 2 third lines, rather than 2 first lines and 2 4th lines like teams like Colorado, St Louis, Tampa have had. While it sounds good on paper, having depth, it is having game breaking stars that wins you cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad