Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
It
At this point?
God bless him, ain’t happening here
Getting anything of value for him is a win
It will be a loss anyway you shake, the isles lack speed and talent.
Would rather see Lou send one or 2 of our higher priced 3rd / 4th
Liners that would be a win

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
At the draft, the CAR owner was wearing jeans and a t-shirt at the draft table and sitting next to the GM. He's not bound by convention and fashions himself as a maverick. I think we may have found our tango partner!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Wally looks like he might stick, Maybe Islanders can trade Dal Colle for the rangers 2nd rouder(which Carolina owns)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I wouldn’t even consider Hall and Barzal together as stacking the first line. Hall’s skating ability would allow him to keep up with Barzal in a way that Lee can’t.

Hall-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Wahlstrom
Beau-Brassard-Bailey
4th line

2nd & 3rd line wingers are all interchangeable, and the only weak spot is Brassard (assuming he continues to play like ****).
Fit matters, so it's possible the lines you're suggesting make more sense. I just don't think that second line has enough oomph on it for when the going gets tough. I'm by no means suggesting Lee needs to stay where he is and his spot can't be improved upon. I don't like the idea of forcing players into certain spot.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Trade for Zucker. Minnesota sucks and Zucker just called out the coach for it. He's on a 5.5 million a year contract for four more years but he's fast and should be good for 30 goals per season on Barzal's wing. I don't know what they would like in return but I'd give up Leddy, a prospect (like MDC or JHS or similar) and a third round pick in next year's draft.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
At the draft, the CAR owner was wearing jeans and a t-shirt at the draft table and sitting next to the GM. He's not bound by convention and fashions himself as a maverick. I think we may have found our tango partner!

Interestingly enough. Carolina runs their management by committee. Waddell is mostly a figure head; his decisions have to be voted on by the management board. Wang wasn’t that crazy after all.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Trade for Zucker. Minnesota sucks and Zucker just called out the coach for it. He's on a 5.5 million a year contract for four more years but he's fast and should be good for 30 goals per season on Barzal's wing. I don't know what they would like in return but I'd give up Leddy, a prospect (like MDC or JHS or similar) and a third round pick in next year's draft.

Leddy is what they don't need, a Top 4 defender. Minnesota is trapped by the Parise contract too. This would be a totally futures package. Why not go all the way to contend then? Zucker and Stall? Minnesota would have to take some salary back to make it work. Send Clutterbuck back to Minny.

Zucker and Stall
($5.5M for 4 years and $3.25 for 2 years)

for

Clutterbuck
Brassard
Wilde
2020 #1
Soderstrom
One of Dal Colle or Bellows (if they prefer Ho-Sang so much the better)
2020 #2

They get some nice pieces for their rebuild (they might well earn the #1 overall this year) and we look like:

Zucker / Barzal / Wahlstrom
Lee / Nelson / Bailey
Beau / Staal / Eberle
Ross-MM / CC / Komarov

That's a Cup contending offense and it gives Koivula and Holmstrom the time to fully develop.

Reactions: Bronson

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Leddy is what they don't need, a Top 4 defender. Minnesota is trapped by the Parise contract too. This would be a totally futures package. Why not go all the way to contend then? Zucker and Stall? Minnesota would have to take some salary back to make it work. Send Clutterbuck back to Minny.

Zucker and Stall

for

Clutterbuck
Brassard
Wilde
2020 #1
Soderstrom
2020 #2

They get some nice pieces for their rebuild (they might well earn the #1 overall this year) and we look like:

Lee / Nelson / Bailey
Beau / Staal / Eberle
Ross-MM / CC / Komarov

That's a Cup contending offense and it gives Koivula and Holmstrom the time to fully develop.
I like how you think. Staal would be great here and he is a true leader on the ice and an underrated performer. Giving up Wilde would sting a bit but we would be dealing from strength.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011

Zucker and Stall

for

Clutterbuck
Brassard
Wilde
2020 #1
Soderstrom
2020 #2

Lee / Nelson / Bailey
Beau / Staal / Eberle
Ross-MM / CC / Komarov

I would drop anders Lee to third line before eberle. Anders can’t skate, carry the puck or as we saw last night pass 5ft in neutral zone. His top 6 days need to be numbered he slows down that top line. Otherwise solid lineup this is.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I was pretty shocked they didn’t move Zucker this summer. It seemed to me there was near unanimous agreement among the media guys that they would do it and it doesn’t even sound like they as much as listened to offers

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

How old is he?

Zucker and Stall

for

Clutterbuck
Brassard
Wilde
2020 #1
Soderstrom
2020 #2

Lee / Nelson / Bailey
Beau / Staal / Eberle
Ross-MM / CC / Komarov

I think that's too many pieces.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

This isn't the first time Zucker's name has been mentioned.

But he SURE AS HELL ain't gonna cost that much.

RULE OF TRADE THUMB:
If you've got a smaller 25-goal winger with flaws earning 5.5 MM per season and 25-point Top 4 U30 Dman with flaws earning 5.5 MM per season, that Dmen basically ALWAYS has more value on the trade market.

No need for underselling.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just said on TSN that JHS is getting looks from Carolina and a few other teams...
Can we please trade him somewhere out West? I'm petrified of the potential of seeing him 4x a year as a 40 goal scorer.

If he wants to score 40 goals in Vancouver, I'll be nothing but happy for him.

Reactions: Rengi

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
NHL DRAFT 2020:
Best draft in ages, and that although we've had some real good ones in recent years.

The amount of high-end prospects is nothing less than astounding.

You do not move the 2020 1st and 2nd rounders!

They're now officially off the board for any and all trade suggestions we make throughout this winter.:)

Reactions: dood

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
You're giving them a bunch of junk aside from the picks. They'd be better off selling them separately and getting a better return without having a bunch of crud filling up their reserve list.

They have to take back come salary, Brassard comes off their books and Clutterbuck pays for Zucker's money. That's the tradeoff. If they want a lot of futures (Wilde is junk?) they take back something to make the money work. A 1-6 team, last in the West, and nowhere's near like a Blues team that turned it around, has to show some flexibility. Next year, they are on the hook for $25 million for their Top 4 defensemen! Add Parise and it's about $33 million for those 5 and a team that might well be picking Top 5 next draft.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
NHL DRAFT 2020:
Best draft in ages, and that although we've had some real good ones in recent years.

The amount of high-end prospects is nothing less than astounding.

You do not move the 2020 1st and 2nd rounders!

They're now officially off the board for any and all trade suggestions we make throughout this winter.:)

Making them EVEN MORE valuable in trade offers! Adding another solid goal scorer now could well make our pick around 25. I'll take my chances on the 27-year old proven goal scorer at $5.5 million per over the 25th pick next summer.

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
I fully understand the rumour is coming from EK so take it with a grain of salt, but Jamie Benn. Big LW that is 30, has 5 years left (I believe) on his contract at a 9.5m cap hit. Has lead the league in scoring, seems to be in the dog house in Dallas...curious what folks on here think. I personally think it would be great and would be very quick to offer a package of:
1st round pck
Anthony B
Bode Wilde / Bellows
throw in a medium salary dump that can help them as trading Benn would give the team about 14 m in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad