Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. VI: The Overpriced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Lee (7)- Barzal (9)- Wahlstrom (1)
Beau (2)- Nelson (6)- Eberle (5.5)
Bellows (1)- JGP (5)- Bailey (5)
Johnston (1)- Cizikas (3.5)- Clutterbuck (3.5)

MDC (1)- Koivula (1)

Pelech (1.5)- Pullock (6)
Toews (3)- Mayfield (1.5)
Greene (2.5)- Dobson (1)

Boychuk (6)- Hickey (2.5)

Varly (5)- Sorokin (1)

Kamarov buyout (1)/ Ladd retention (2)

Total: $84.5

So you better hope we can move Leddy and Ladd- because this pretty much took us out of the free-agent market with the exception of maybe re-signing Greene....

Ugh

Outside of Hall and Hoffman this FA market on the forward side is basically nonexistent

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I can't believe people are complaining about this deal. Ladd will be gone this offseason one way or another. You just fixed one of your bigger weaknesses and addressed the third line. For a guy who fits Trotz system perfectly.

I have zero issue with this trade at all.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Lee (7)- Barzal (9)- Wahlstrom (1)
Beau (2)- Nelson (6)- Eberle (5.5)
Bellows (1)- JGP (5)- Bailey (5)
Johnston (1)- Cizikas (3.5)- Clutterbuck (3.5)

MDC (1)- Koivula (1)

Pelech (1.5)- Pullock (6)
Toews (3)- Mayfield (1.5)
Greene (2.5)- Dobson (1)

Boychuk (6)- Hickey (2.5)

Varly (5)- Sorokin (1)

Kamarov buyout (1)/ Ladd retention (2)

Total: $84.5

So you better hope we can move Leddy and Ladd- because this pretty much took us out of the free-agent market with the exception of maybe re-signing Greene....

Ugh
Don’t forget Bailey! He is the one I would try to trade also. Makes room on the checking line for Dal Colle.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Outside of Hall and Hoffman this FA market on the forward side is basically nonexistent

yes, I should have said even acquiring a Top 6er- even by trade. Now we will have to move Leddy (+) just to get Barzy, Pullock and Toews signed- to say nothing about replacing Brassard or any other middle of the road type scorer...

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
People justifying the trade by saying Lou might resign Pageau. How is giving a 3rd line 10-15 goal scorer at least 5M a year long term when the Isles have only 16M in 2020 cap space and have to resign Barzal, Pulock, and Teows is a good move?

I would love to trade Bailey for something, but because we didn't address the top-6 we need to keep him.

This!! Its brutal. I dont care if were a "4 line team"

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pageau plays the shutdown role and he plays it well. Plays against opposing teams best players. He’s a +10 in that role and he’s on the Sens.

Reactions: periferal

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You have an angle, but it's not based in truth.

Why don't you go look at the posts I made the day Lou fired snow or hired Trotz. Then come back and make a reply.

BALONEY! You harshly criticized the Lou hire, said he'd be worse than Snow and said it was nepotism.

The only thing "positive" you had to say about it was when you used it to (once again) lecture us on how awful Wang was. You did that the day Wang died as well which really speaks to your character.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
This is absurd, even if Ladd is going the other way. Parise is 35 and signed for 5 more seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad