Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Montreal sent Scandella to St. Louis for a 2020 2nd and a conditional 2021 4th.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
And this one:

Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CAR] Rangers trade Joey Keane to Hurricanes for Julien Gauthier

When some of us last summer were talking about trading from a strength to help a weakness this is what we were talking about. Wilde for him would have fit the bill.

Julien Gauthier Stats | Hockey-Reference.com
Remarkable how many people on these boards have an exaggerated view (Wilde-ly exaggerated) of the value of some of our prospects. JG is 3rd in the A with 27 goals while BW has played his way back to the OHL. In what universe was there a one for one trade to be made?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Regardless of what one thinks the Isles should do with regards to picks... Seeing these deals of 2020 2nd rounders for vet dman does put a bit more perspective on Greene for a 2021 2nd.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't even know who either of those guys are and that should tell you that we shouldn't care right now. If that was the deadline move, could you imagine the hate Lamoriello would get? :laugh:

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
How do the isles get a 37yr old UFA
for a 2nd and caps get Dillion for a second and 3rd?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Scandella went to STL due to Bouwmeester. I didn't think about it at the time, but maybe Greene's value started to rise after that unfortunate incident.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Scandella went to STL due to Bouwmeester. I didn't think about it at the time, but maybe Greene's value started to rise after that unfortunate incident.

this could be but the price is in line with what we’re seeing.

Lou didn’t overpay or underpay. Looks like this is the market. If anything Lou did better because he got rid of a contract of a guy they didn’t feel like is going to make an impact anytime soon if ever.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Dillion isn’t really been deployed like Greene. Clearly they were looking for a stay at home partner for Pulock who has top pairing experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: SayItAintSoJohnny

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Why does age matter with only 4+ months left in the NHL season? Will Greene's game drop precipitously in that time in comparison to Dillon's?
I guess its because there's a chance a team would sign a 29 good Defenseman to an extension at 29 vs 37 thus making the price more affordable

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Besides Scandella, Bouwmeester's contract expires this summer as does Pietrangelo's. '21 they have Gunnarson as UFA.
Not sure if they're gonna be looking for a defenseman this summer but we might have what they're looking for.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
The 3rd round pick 2021 SJS receives in the Dillon trade is a conditional one.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dillion isn’t really been deployed like Greene. Clearly, they were looking for a stay at home partner for Pulock who has top pairing experience.

this is actually an excellent point. Greene for what he brings is a perfect fit. If he was 30 I doubt people wild have a problem with this. He’s 37 but still can move and is in good shape.

I would have preferred Martinez but I’m not upset with Greene. Greene is better defensively than Martinez

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I dont really get why age and UFA status are issues here. Both are impending UFA, and neither are likely to be extended, so why care about age instead of current level of play?

I like Dillon, but a 2020 2nd and a 2021 3rd are roughly double the value of what the Islaes paid for Greene. Not sure he's worth that.

The 3rd round pick 2021 SJS receives in the Dillon trade is a conditional one.
It's conditional in that it becomes a 2020 3rd if the Caps win the cup, otherwise it stays a 2021 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad