Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. IX: Bubble Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Waiting on the return before I venture over but curious as to how Pens fans take that guy. Maybe a shakeup on the wings is needed but I didn't think they needed a winger from the outside in.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Good, he is so overrated. He's elite wheels and that's about it, being RH ups his value a little. His brain and hands will never catch up to his feet.
If I recall right I don't remember him being a good winger for Tavares or Matthews.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Such a weird cap dump. I guess Toronto won this one? I don't even know. Pittsburgh gets the best player involved so maybe they do?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Don't love that non-playoff teams can trade now. Not going to be as many dance partners for us to unload salaries when the Isles start their offseason.
I mean, we’re we really gonna make a lot of deals with either of those teams?

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Such a weird cap dump. I guess Toronto won this one? I don't even know. Pittsburgh gets the best player involved so maybe they do?
Shouldn't the dumping team have to sweeten the pot to get them to take the money, not fleece them of their 15 OA pick?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It’s a good deal for Toronto - Hallander and 15 OA pick - Dubas wins this deal - and I like Kapanen.

bizarre move by Pens to give up such a high pick - remember the Zucker deal - they don’t have a 2021 pick either.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Shouldn't the dumping team have to sweeten the pot to get them to take the money, not fleece them of their 15 OA pick?

Yep, so strange.

It’s a good deal for Toronto - Hallander and 15 OA pick - Dubas wins this deal - and I like Kapanen.

bizarre move by Pens to give up such a high pick - remember the Zucker deal - they don’t have a 2021 pick either.

Pittsburgh only has a 2nd and a 5th in next year's draft, so they'll have very few assets to trade and bulk up at the next deadline. I think this deal is a mistake for the Penguins at this point.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Yep, so strange.

Pittsburgh only has a 2nd and a 5th in next year's draft, so they'll have very few assets to trade and bulk up at the next deadline. I think this deal is a mistake for the Penguins at this point.
The clock is ticking And window is closing on Crosby, Letang, and Malkin - it’s now!

they could also look to recoup assets thru trading Murray or Jarry this offseason.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
You just know Pit-Tor will play in the first round of the playoffs next year and Kapanen will score a bunch of goals....

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The clock is ticking And window is closing on Crosby, Letang, and Malkin - it’s now!

they could also look to recoup assets thru trading Murray or Jarry this offseason.

They're going to keep pushing all their chips to the middle until the Crosby and Malkin train comes to a halt, that's certainly one strategy, but the timing is what irks me. I think they'd get a lot more at the draft floor for that first rounder than trading it now for Kapenen.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I'm fairly certain teams that are eliminated (and teams in the playoffs) can always make trades, so that's not something unique to this year.
Not sure don’t recall other trades being made during the Stanley Cup playoffs. You usually start seeing trades right before the draft.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not sure don’t recall other trades being made during the Stanley Cup playoffs. You usually start seeing trades right before the draft.

Kevin Hayes was traded during the playoffs last year on June 3 and the cup wasn't awarded until June 12.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm fairly certain teams that are eliminated (and teams in the playoffs) can always make trades, so that's not something unique to this year.

The trade deadline is solely for playoff eligibility. We can trade too, just not those currently playing without opening the roster spot nor fill it with an acquired player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad