Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
There’s no way player like Kovar will stick around in Bridgeport unless he’s given a guarantee he’ll be up soon. I can see him returning to Europe very shortly if nothing happens

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
i hope that L&T were looking at him as a replacement for Nelson, not the bottom 6. dude was a great scorer in the KHL. and at 28, i don't think they need to put him through the ringer.

if he is any good, i am sure that L&T will try and hang on to him (seems like they are). just need to make a few adjustments.

if Kovar, who obviously wants to play in the NHL, signs with another team, and plays well, he won't be forgotten. in fact, just about everyone will enjoy pointing out how bad L&T are, for letting him go.

i am stubbornly holding on to the belief that he will be a decent 2nd C.

He's 28 years old. If Trotz thought he could be contributing in any way he'd be up.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
There’s no way player like Kovar will stick around in Bridgeport unless he’s given a guarantee he’ll be up soon. I can see him returning to Europe very shortly if nothing happens
We got to kick the tires and take it out for test drive. Didn't like the ride. So if Kovar doesn't report to Bport and/or heads home to Europe, he doesn't get paid. Since most everyone didn't get the move in the first place, if he does head home, it will be a no harm, no foul situation. One less bottom six guy to worry about on a team with too many of them to begin with.

Last edited:

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

I'm guessing Lou is trying to find another NHL team for Kovar otherwise he will go back to Europe in another week or two.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm guessing Lou is trying to find another NHL team for Kovar otherwise he will go back to Europe in another week or two.

I'm not sure why they didn't make Kovar the 14th forward or at least have him in a Seidenberg type role where he's practicing with the team. He's not going to report to BP, so why not let him practice with the big club and then he'll at least be more comfortable should a spot open up for him. It may well be that they've moved on from him completely.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Would you guys be open...IF players say yes to it...trade Andrew Badd for Frans? TBH..both are on crappy contracts, but Nielsen would be way better for us.. There might be some adding or something or straight up, but the main pieces are Ladd and Nielsen.

*shrug*..it worked with Martin...Maybe Nielsen wants to come back?

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Would you guys be open...IF players say yes to it...trade Andrew Badd for Frans? TBH..both are on crappy contracts, but Nielsen would be way better for us.. There might be some adding or something or straight up, but the main pieces are Ladd and Nielsen.

To be honest, I don't think Detroit would do it anyway.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I'd rather have someone else, but on paper I probably would. Nielsen can move better than Ladd and is healthier.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island

I’d do it because Frans has less years on his deal

Equinsu Ocha

Oct 21, 2017
Winston Salem, NC
Coaches always seem to have their own little pet projects who don't seem to add much to the casual fan. Sometimes it comes down to something as simple as that player plays the system the coach wants played perfectly, so it's one less player the coach has to worry about micro-managing.

The Pens had two of them last season, unfortunately, in Kuhnhackl and Carter Rowney. Thankfully Rutherford took away both of those toys from Sullivan (not that you care about the Pens; they're just an example that came straight to my head from a team that isn't tanking, yet employed questionable players due to a coach's "love" of them).

I apologize for bringing this name up, but I feel he fits...

167443e.jpg

More OT:
I wonder if Bailey is going to last the whole season on the Isles.
If he keeps up his "pass first" mentality, I don't imagine Trotz wanting him around too much longer.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I apologize for bringing this name up, but I feel he fits...

167443e.jpg

More OT:
If he keeps up his "pass first" mentality, I don't imagine Trotz wanting him around too much longer.

Josh has been one of our best players and he's on pace to have another career year while making peanuts. He wants to be here and his team mates love him, he isn't going anywhere.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
[QUOTE="Equinsu Ocha, post:

More OT:
If he keeps up his "pass first" mentality, I don't imagine Trotz wanting him around too much longer.[/QUOTE]

Bailey has always had a "pass first" mentality, like what he really wants is be a true playmaker. Hopefully Fritz can pick off some of those traits and make him a more effective player

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

I would do it but I think Ladd says no. Can't see anyone wanting to go to Detroit for a bit.

Isle1966

Nov 18, 2003
If the Leafs are going to have a hard time working Nylanders contract with cap space and put him on the block, would anyone think an offer of 2019 1st, Toews and Ho-sang and if not JHS anyone not on nhl roster in organization except Dob, Wilde, Wahl, Bellows, Skarek or Wotherspoon (who I feel can be what Toews is) would also offer Mayfield too

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If the Leafs are going to have a hard time working Nylanders contract with cap space and put him on the block, would anyone think an offer of 2019 1st, Toews and Ho-sang and if not JHS anyone not on nhl roster in organization except Dob, Wilde, Wahl, Bellows, Skarek or Wotherspoon (who I feel can be what Toews is) would also offer Mayfield too
Can Nylander play center? If no, then not interested.

Reactions: seafoam

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
As much as I would prefer to avoid trading with the leafs, the potential puns from having NYLANDER on the NY-ISLANDERS is pretty amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad