Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
What sense does it make for St Louis to deal him?

None, just like Petro, ROR, and VT. I’m not fully buying the hype that these guys are expendable. I’m sure they are ‘listening,’ as any GM would w a team underperforming. It’s rare that big names get traded.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I wonder if Parayko is. Fills a huge need, short and long term fix.
Blues fans are sayjng with Petro out injured, Parayko has really stepped up.
Imo it would make more sense to move the older,more expensive Petro who is closing in on unrestricted free agency.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Is ROR available already!?

Doubtful, he’s playing well, they JUST traded for him.

It's just conjecture - the team is performing poorly and I made a mention earlier that the team on paper looks good, but the team is actually flawed. they may need to reimagine the roster - it is too heavy and does not have a ton of speed combine that with some poor goaltending and injuries - might be better to take a step back this season

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Is ROR available already!?

Doubtful, he’s playing well, they JUST traded for him.

Not that I think he is available but if he was I would give up Wahlstrom or a top 10 protected first, Nelson and Eberle. He fills a huge need of a 2nd line center who can win faceoffs

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I would love ROR, but I would wait to see what happens with Duchene first. If Lou can sign him this summer, and assuming JHS can replace Eberle, assets can then be used to fill other holes.

Reactions: SI

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I’m not as bullish on ROR as some of you are.

Putting aside the fact that it would be stupid for STL to trade him, after they just traded for him; he strikes me as a player that thinks his shit don’t stink. I get the vibe that he’ll call everyone else out for poor play, or mistakes, but if somebody did that to him—and he actually deserved it—he would go mental.

he’s a very talented player, but his lack of team success, combined with the fact he’s been on 3 dif teams before age 30, raises a lot of red flags for me.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would love ROR, but I would wait to see what happens with Duchene first. If Lou can sign him this summer, and assuming JHS can replace Eberle, assets can then be used to fill other holes.

Duchene wants Stone extended by Ottawa too. Yeah,not ground breaking news,but it could be a stumbling block for the Sens when they try to extend Duchene.
Is Melnyk giving both Stone & Duchene huge contracts?

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Duchene wants Stone extended by Ottawa too. Yeah,not ground breaking news,but it could be a stumbling block for the Sens when they try to extend Duchene.
Is Melnyk giving both Stone & Duchene huge contracts?

I think there is a very slim chance Melnyk pays either. I mean why give Duchene 7-8 mil, but not give Karlsson 10-11, when he was the face of the franchise?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think there is a very slim chance Melnyk pays either. I mean why give Duchene 7-8 mil, but not give Karlsson 10-11, when he was the face of the franchise?
Reportedly Duchene's rep and the Sens have not even gotten as far as discussing salary & term.

Duchene's rep is Brisson, Tavares rep.
Duchene's said he was intrigued by the Tavares free agency approach. Not sure if that means the public wooing process or the huge bonus $.

And EK had complained about the lack of upfront bonus $ in the Sens offer to him. So,yeah it is unlikely that the Sens owner shells out 2 large,bonus filled contracts.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Reportedly Duchene's rep and the Sens have not even gotten as far as discussing salary & term.

Duchene's rep is Brisson, Tavares rep.
Duchene's said he was intrigued by the Tavares free agency approach. Not sure if that means the public wooing process or the huge bonus $.

And EK had complained about the lack of upfront bonus $ in the Sens offer to him. So,yeah it is unlikely that the Sens owner shells out 2 large,bonus filled contracts.

Assuming Lou is interested in Duchene, would he gamble and trade for him, with the incentive of being able to offer him the extra year? It's the Islander thing to do...

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Assuming Lou is interested in Duchene, would he gamble and trade for him, with the incentive of being able to offer him the extra year? It's the Islander thing to do...
Can only look at Lou's attempt to acquire EK.
The Sens allowed other GMs to talk EK's rep,trying to work out an extension. When EK balked,Lou walked away ( according to a draft weekend tweet on this board). So,avoiding Tavares 2.0 is a priority for the isles.

I do not think the issue would be 7 seasons vs 8 seasons, but that Duchene will want to go thru the Tavares ufa process...his top choices wooing him & offering a front loaded, bonus filled contract.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
The Sens allowed other GMs to talk EK's rep,trying to work out an extension. When EK balked,Lou walked away ( according to a draft weekend tweet on this board).

I do not think the issue would be 7 seasons vs 8 seasons, but that Duchene will want to go thru the Tavares ufa process...his top choices wooing him & offering a front loaded, bonus filled contract.

With Barzal buying into Trotz's system now it will make it interesting to see a Tavares-less Islanders finally be able to attract top tier players to come here after the first full season he is gone. I am curious to see if his decision will hurt the team come free agency.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The Sens allowed other GMs to talk EK's rep,trying to work out an extension. When EK balked,Lou walked away ( according to a draft weekend tweet on this board). So,avoiding Tavares 2.0 is a priority for the isles.

Agreed. If Duchene wants to sign immediately and skip UFA, I would be all for a trade (provided it isn't a gross overpay of course).

But if he wants to test UFA, unless the Isles are paying pennies on the dollar, wait until free agency to bid.

I also seeing him going back out West or joining a Canadian team. I have a hard time seeing the Isles able to land him. Even if he would be a good fit. I would love to be wrong though.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Why say Cluttersuck but leave out Badd and Mistake Draft Choice.
Cluttersuck heh heh good one

LGI
Do you remember the Keith Hernandez Seinfeld episode? I don't hate Cluttersuck, I LOATHE him. Just totally useless embarrassing trash. His goal scoring rate over the past season and a half is lower than John Scott's career goal scoring rate.

Reactions: Sparksrus3

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They should try and get Brayden Schenn. He’d be a perfect Trotz 2C.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
They should try and get Brayden Schenn. He’d be a perfect Trotz 2C.

It will be interesting to see if the Schenn trade ultimately ends up costing the Blues more than the ROR trade.

Philly netted Morgan Frost and Joel Farabee with the picks acquired for Schenn. I really like both of them.

Meanwhile the ROR trade is essentially Tage Thompson, the 2021 second rounder and the conditional 2019 or 2020 first rounder. I am not a big Thompson fan. But of course big players do tend to take longer to really develop.

If the Blues get to keep a top-10 pick this year, then retool and send a late 2020 first to Buffalo, you could argue that they will have paid more for Schenn.

But, if the Blues are looking to shake things up, they seem like a good fit given the Isles needs and that they can offer some young assets back. Schenn would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad