Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/General Discussion XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Lindblom is 6" 1 Power Forward, he projects to be a 2nd liner that can play on top line if needed. Can play both wings

projects to be 25--25-50 point player, can PK and PP

I'd like Rasmus Andersson, what's his potential, #3/4 D man?

Last edited:

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Lindblom is 6" 1 Power Forward, he projects to be a 2nd liner that can play on top line if needed. Can play both wings comfortably

Can Kylington play on the right side?
If he can, I'd like him or Rasmus Andersson

Calgary isn't interested in moving either of those guys at the moment. Rasmus is ppg in the ohl and I could see him playing in the NHL next year if he gets himself into shape. Kylington is playing really well and doing surprisingly well defensively at 18 in the AHL. Neither of those guys are going to be moved unless it's for a huge overpayment. IMO they're our two best D prospects.

We're likely not going to be trading any prospects at the moment even for other prospects. We're in line to pick in the top 10 at the very least so will likely (depending on position of course) be drafting one of Laine, Pulju, Tkachuck, Dubios, Nylander, Gauthier. We'll hold tight for now and hope to snag another first rounder/2nds with our UFA's and see how things stand at the draft.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I think Rasmus could end up as a right side #3/4 in the next few years, likely playing second pair on the right side of Gio.

moon*

I personally have no interest in him but I also don't have nearly the outlook on him or his style that you do.

I have only seen him in the WJHC and he didn't look like a power forward at all or a Simmonds clone.

If you think so highly of him I am not really sure why you think the Flyers should/would trade him?

Regardless of what we think I don't see the Flames trading Andersson anyways.

I don't have a ton of enthusiasm for Andersson but he does seem to have the talent to be a 3/4 guy, I am just not convinced he will put in the work to get there. Up to this point I think he has been able to get by on talent alone but at the NHL level very few guys can do that, especially for a long period of time.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
I personally have no interest in him but I also don't have nearly the outlook on him or his style that you do.

I have only seen him in the WJHC and he didn't look like a power forward at all or a Simmonds clone.

If you think so highly of him I am not really sure why you think the Flyers should/would trade him?

Regardless of what we think I don't see the Flames trading Andersson anyways.

I don't have a ton of enthusiasm for Andersson but he does seem to have the talent to be a 3/4 guy, I am just not convinced he will put in the work to get there. Up to this point I think he has been able to get by on talent alone but at the NHL level very few guys can do that, especially for a long period of time.

Maybe he's not like Simmonds but he has 25-25-50 potential, he plays PK and PP in Sweden, I don't really want him gone, he seems like a steal for a 5th rounder just thought a

Provorov-Sanheim
Morin-Andersson
hagg- Ghost

Corp would be lethal....
Now that I think about it I think Friedman or Myers could fill that role, or Ghost could be utilized as a 2nd pairing RHD.

My bad, we'll keep Lindblom, you can have Andersson :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It seems silly, the Flyers have the best D prospect pool in the league, but they also have one of the shallowest prospects pools in the league for forwards. Shipping one of their better forward ones out for more D, regardless of getting a RH/LH back seems pretty far fetched.

Regardless we value Andersson more so it's not going to happen with us.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
People around these parts talk about Arnold like he's a solid prospect worthy of being called up this year and ready to replace Backlund as the shutdown center of the team. People around these parts have zero clue of what they're talking about when it comes to ahl prospects.

I betcha neither one of Klimchuk or Poirier will be better NHLer than Ferland and I'm fully aware the latter will be no more than a middle/bottom 6er during his prime.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So you think Klimchuk, Jankowski and Poirier will be better pros?

No, I think Klimchuk is 4th liner at best.

Jank and Poirier have more offensive potential but they may never make it.

Ferland is a NHL player for sure but he is not a 1st liner like some people think he can be. The Flames are in deep **** because of people like him playing on the top line...not his fault but they have no depth and guys like Hudler are either injured or play like ****.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
No, I think Klimchuk is 4th liner at best.

Jank and Poirier have more offensive potential but they may never make it.

Ferland is a NHL player for sure but he is not a 1st liner like some people think he can be. The Flames are in deep **** because of people like him playing on the top line...not his fault but they have no depth and guys like Hudler are either injured or play like ****.

I agree with this in general. He certainly seems to be more effective on a third line role. If that's all he ever is. Oh well.
But I do think he has untapped offensive potential. Whether he ever can become a consistent offensive threat is still unclear.
Our offense isn't very deep. But we should add a top 6 forward in this draft. We've got a deep pool of D prospects so we can draft s lot of forwards. Plus, I feel like one of our prospects, Granlund, Poirier, Jankowski or Klimchuk is bound to become a top 6. Even if they don't project to be that yet.
But in the end, when Johnny, Monny and Bennett are all consistent offensive threats, we should be fine.

May 27, 2012
Earth
It seems silly, the Flyers have the best D prospect pool in the league, but they also have one of the shallowest prospects pools in the league for forwards. Shipping one of their better forward ones out for more D, regardless of getting a RH/LH back seems pretty far fetched.

Regardless we value Andersson more so it's not going to happen with us.

Yeah, but Philadelphia is trash.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Who are your best forward prospects?

Mark Jankowski, followed by Emile Poirier. Our two forward prospects that have the skill, IQ, and tools to be able to create at the NHL level. However every time I've seen Andrew Mangiapane play I can't help but see him as a dark horse for overtaking Poirier. He's undersized so no one will bet on him though.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I agree with this in general. He certainly seems to be more effective on a third line role. If that's all he ever is. Oh well.
But I do think he has untapped offensive potential. Whether he ever can become a consistent offensive threat is still unclear.
Our offense isn't very deep. But we should add a top 6 forward in this draft. We've got a deep pool of D prospects so we can draft s lot of forwards. Plus, I feel like one of our prospects, Granlund, Poirier, Jankowski or Klimchuk is bound to become a top 6. Even if they don't project to be that yet.
But in the end, when Johnny, Monny and Bennett are all consistent offensive threats, we should be fine.

Getting one of the Finns would be nice.. Or both. Make it happen Burke/Tre

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
There's a fairly obvious reason as to why exactly Ferland would play on a top line with Gaudreau-Bennett/Monahan. No, Ferland's not a first liner and almost certainly will never be but it's almost like someone on most successful lines needs to do the dirty work along the boards and get in front of the net. E.g. Dupuis-Crosby-Kunitz.

But yeah, no question that a Gaudreau-Bennett-Laine/Puljujarvi line has the potential to be the best since Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
The whole notion of trading Monahan is ludicrous.

To be effective in the playoffs and to compete with EDM in the coming years Calgary will need 2 top end centers.

Monahan is 21 and Bennett is and Bennett is 19 ... Monahan is 3-4 years away from his potential and Bennett is 5 or 6.

Last season Monahan- Gaudreau - Hudler were among the league leaders for points by a line. Jiri is at best now a second line player that should play easier minutes.

Sean is progressing beautifully in mastering a true 2 way game against other teams top lines. This season he is not being sheltered at all. The strides he has made in the face-off circle and defensively against the other teams top lines is impressive.

Sam is sheltered on the second line and is playing the wing to be sheltered a little more with reduced responsibilities.

Both players are progressing forward (though I think both could use a more tactical coach)

We all saw Iggy without a center and now that we have 2 you guys want to send 1 of them out of town for a winger? We have been down that path before.

No thank you.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I was thinking about this. If the Flames miss out on Pulju, Laine, Matthews, Tkachuk and Dubois, would you consider trading the pick (6-8) to Detroit for Mrazek?

Like Wideman (cap) + 6th overall for

Mrazek?

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Sometime the best moves are the one you don't make. For example, spending a lots with cap$ and assets for a goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->