Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
At some point won’t WPG have to waive him as well? Guess they could carry 3 goalies but I don’t know why they’d want to?

Looks like they can just send Vesalainen and Stanley to the Taxi Squad and be fine carrying three goalies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Oilers didn't have first dibs.

Waiver order is the reverse order of last year's points percentage. Winnipeg was before the Oilers.

I always thought that when someone waived someone that they claimed from a team that the team that he was claimed for had first dibs? @Fourier ?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At some point won’t WPG have to waive him as well? Guess they could carry 3 goalies but I don’t know why they’d want to?
With the taxi squad I don't know if it matters that much this year. Maybe I'm wrong?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
This is BS They should've made the taxi squad guys waiver exempt given the f***ed up circumstances in the world right now.
Or at least made the taxi squad goalie exempt.

These third string goalies are gonna get jerked around like crazy, and teams are going to be forced into overpaying for a goalie that successfully cleared waivers already. Just wait until goalies start getting injured and teams need to trade for another taxi squad goalie.

It's an absolute shitshow.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
From what I read EDM had first pick to take him back but logically that seems wrong. If CAR claims a player then waives them and EDM can take him right back and he'll be in the minors, then a bunch of other teams would miss out.

Waiver wire is going to be a real gong show this year. Poor guys are going to move around a lot. Probably spend more days in quarantine than playing

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We literally need a f***ing goalie. f*** Carolina. f*** Winnipeg.

Let's hope that it ends up working in our favor and that we acquire a better goalie. Do any teams have 2 solid goalies that we could maybe pry away 1 of them?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I always thought that when someone waived someone that they claimed from a team that the team that he was claimed for had first dibs? @Fourier ?

We may want to get this confirmed by @mouser but at least in the previous CBA the only advantage that the original team had in this situation was that if they were the only team making a waiver claim on their former player they could send the player to the minors without having to waive him again.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Edmoiler13

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
could trade away some defense to going no where Chicago and try to pry away Lankinen. Do we even know what is wrong with Smith? Did he show up with a fever, tweak something in practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->