Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
This morning Edmonton had 23 on the roster and all 6 taxi squad spots. They signed Shore yesterday and he cleared today so either he needed to be added to the roster or taxi squad. Because the taxi squad and roster are full, they had to send at least one guy to Bakersfield, thus the Benson demotion.

I think they added Shore to the roster thus demoting Bouchard to the taxi squad to make room for Shore (which Holland telegraphed on Stauffer on Tuesday was the plan).

For the emergency recall I believe they can immediately return him after the game without moving players around the rosters, or they could demote someone the next day.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Would have preferred to see chiasson or Khaira sent down, but that’s just a dream at this point.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Apparently the Jets could screw us over on the Forsberg claim thing. They lost Comrie and are apparently ahead of us in the waiver order.

"I've got a few weeks to figure this out" - Holland

"...Shit, a goalie got hurt" - also Holland

If they did they'd have to keep him on their 23 man roster though. I'm not sure they'd want to do that. We'll know around 10AM tomorrow.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up.

Would have preferred to see chiasson or Khaira sent down, but that’s just a dream at this point.

This puts the roster at 13F, 8D and 2 goalies. I don't think they want to go with less than 13 forwards active as it could really mess you up if you go with 12 and someone hurts themself in warmup. Once Haas and Neal are cleared, I'm sure Khaira and/or Shore will be considered for demotion or they may finally attempt to waive Lagesson.

Reactions: 3IR

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I had an error earlier then, I didn't catch that Shore was sent to taxi squad, so Skinner is replacing Bouchard's spot, but Bouchard was supposed to go down all along. So the roster is 12/8/3 meaning we have no one that can replace Khaira.... dammit.

Just chuck out a pylon FFS. He was outshot 6-0 in 6 minutes and was in glide mode on the backcheck for the goal against.

I’m sorry but you’ve just cleared f***ing waivers and are a 4th line plug who hasn’t scored in well over a calendar year.

You’d think he would be busting his ass but instead he barely breaks a sweat.

I could give a flying f*** if he is on the PK. Get someone else trained up to PK who can actually play 5v5. I’ve had it with Khaira and am on year 3 of asking Why is he still here?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just chuck out a pylon FFS. He was outshot 6-0 in 6 minutes and was in glide mode on the backcheck for the goal against.

I’m sorry but you’ve just cleared f***ing waivers and are a 4th line plug who hasn’t scored in well over a calendar year.

I could give a flying f*** if he is on the PK. Get someone else trained up to PK who can actually play 5v5. I’ve had it with Khaira and am on year 3 of asking Why is he still here?

Khaira played one minute of PK last night, for the record. One f’ing minute.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Dress 7 D and let McDavid double shift.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Honestly can’t wait until Khaira’s contract expires. Tippett just can’t help himself with playing this plug even with better options available (Shore, Haas, @5 Mins 4 Ftg aforementioned actual pylon).

Haas has Covid and is just coming out of isolation now. Won’t be ready to go for a couple weeks yet I bet.

however, Shore/McLeod are right there

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Haas has Covid and is just coming out of isolation now. Won’t be ready to go for a couple weeks yet I bet.

however, Shore/McLeod are right there

Oh yeah my bad, meant to McLeod, know that Haas is out for a bit still. Too bad he's not back already but I feel like Khaira would still be in for whatever reason

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm guessing Cory Schneider will end up on waivers now that he signed a contract today.

Do we claim him as a Plan Z?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm guessing Cory Schneider will end up on waivers now that he signed a contract today.

Do we claim him as a Plan Z?
Unless Smith is hurt hurt, no, because the Oilers would still have to waive him. I think trading something small for Forsberg is probably still the best bet.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I don’t really understand why the benson and Bouchard moves though. Were they needed to recall skinner? Isn’t he on the taxi squad?
The taxi squad is t interchangeable with the squad, the taxi squad isn’t a pool of stretched players you can swap in and out with.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
What a greasy move by Carolina by the way. I get you are all competing but that just seems disrespectful. Not only to the Oilers but to the player.

It's the kind of thing other GM's remember, like the Lowe Penner offersheet, that will follow you around for a little while.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I see Yandle a healthy scratch. Do they really have 6 guys better than him, or am I missing something here? Seems like since Zito took over Yandle has been on the outs with the club, but it seems like a dumb move IMO. Was still a 50+ point pace last year and was one of a few offensive performers in the playoffs. Or is this just a move as he is unwilling to waive his NMC, so they are just going to treat him like shit until he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad