Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Last thread passed 1000 Rumor: - Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Have Kicked Tires on Some Veteran UFA Defencemen

On the main trade board there is a thread saying that the Canes are now looking to trade Forsberg. Unless the rules have changed under the new cba they can not trade unless they put him back on waivers

Rumor: - Carolina looking to trade G Anton Forsberg

I think someone from the NHL reminded the canes they can not trade Forsberg unless they put him on waivers. Forsberg never left Edmonton

Last edited:

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Is there an actual dollar cost attached to claiming a player on waivers?.....some sort of fee for example?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If the oilers claim Forsberg again, is he safe from waiver claims for the rest of the season?

If no other team puts in a claim, they can claim him and send him right to the taxi squad.

If he ends up on the active roster or gets called up and plays 10 games/spend 30 days on the active roster, he'd have to clear waivers to be sent down again.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
What a c******r Wadell is. Hate that POS org anyways since 2006 lol. Hope nothing but terrible things on them.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This whole situation just seems like being a jerk for being a jerk's sake. :laugh: I know he wanted an insurance plan in case Nedeljkovic got claimed but then to call around trying to trade him before shrugging your shoulders and waiving him again? Don't be a dink.

Exactly. Had he just called Holland and said, I'm grabbing your guy today because we are familiar with him as insurance in case our guy gets picked. If our guy clears I'll immediately re-waive him back to and make it up to you in a future trade, then all is good.

The fact he made any other call at all is just him being a f***ing Asshole (my new nickname for the Hurricanes to replace Bunch of Jerks). Especially when the most value was to Canadian teams because of the border situation , but all of those Canadian teams already passed on him because they had priority over Carolina.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Anyone understand why any of this is happening?

Obviously one of Koskinen or Smith are banged up enough that they want to allow them to rest completely tonight or one of them maybe got a negative test. At this point, we don't need to assume it's long term, but I'm definitely concerned and would like to hear about why.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Obviously one of Koskinen or Smith are banged up enough that they want to allow them to rest completely tonight or one of them maybe got a negative test. At this point, we don't need to assume it's long term, but I'm definitely concerned and would like to hear about why.
I don’t really understand why the benson and Bouchard moves though. Were they needed to recall skinner? Isn’t he on the taxi squad?

Reactions: McTonyBrar

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I don’t really understand why the benson and Bouchard moves though. Were they needed to recall skinner? Isn’t he on the taxi squad?

This morning Edmonton had 23 on the roster and all 6 taxi squad spots. They signed Shore yesterday and he cleared today so either he needed to be added to the roster or taxi squad. Because the taxi squad and roster are full, they had to send at least one guy to Bakersfield, thus the Benson demotion.

I think they added Shore to the roster thus demoting Bouchard to the taxi squad to make room for Shore (which Holland telegraphed on Stauffer on Tuesday was the plan).

For the emergency recall I believe they can immediately return him after the game without moving players around the rosters, or they could demote someone the next day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3IR

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Apparently the Jets could screw us over on the Forsberg claim thing. They lost Comrie and are apparently ahead of us in the waiver order.

"I've got a few weeks to figure this out" - Holland

"...Shit, a goalie got hurt" - also Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->