Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What You See is What You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Lucic + 2019 1st + 2019 2nd + 2020 2nd

2019 draft: Our 3rd. NYI 3rd, Our 4th, 6th, 7th (Missing 1st, 2nd, 5th)
2020 draft: Our 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th (Missing 2nd and 7th)

Having the extra 3rd in 2019 helps but not having a pick in the first two rounds is not ideal in any way. Especially with our excellent (hopefully) drafting lately.

That being said, If this was the final offer I would have to do it.
A scorer like Patches is a huge need on this team. Without the pressure of being the captain of the Montreal Canadiens I could see him really thrive here on a 2nd line with Draisaitl and especially on the topline with McDavid.

Can't imagine why a team lacking offense wouldn't be willing to pay Pacioretty $7M but would be willing to pay Lucic $6M

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Random-irrelevant post but I cant help but laugh at Spencer Foo

Chose to go to his childhood rival team because he thought he had a better opportunity there.
Flames NHL locks: Johnny, Monahan, Lindholm, Neal, Backlund, Tkachuk, Bennett, Ryan, Jankowski and Frolik. Thats 10 spots.

He has to compete with Brouwer, Czarnik, Lazar, Mangipane and Dube for the remaining 2 spots.

If he chose the Oilers he likely would have been competing with just Ty Rattie for an NHL spot (IF we even signed Rattie, might not have if Foo signed first) meaning Foo would have had much more opportunity to make our team, and not just in a 4th line capacity.

Like I said irrelevant as Foo isnt likely to amount to anything but just funny that he willingly joined his rival team for more opportunity but would have been much better off choosing his favorite team.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Chose to go to his childhood rival team because he thought he had a better opportunity there.
Flames NHL locks: Johnny, Monahan, Lindholm, Neal, Backlund, Tkachuk, Bennett, Ryan, Jankowski and Frolik. Thats 10 spots.

He has to compete with Brouwer, Czarnik, Lazar, Mangipane and Dube for the remaining 2 spots.

If he chose the Oilers he likely would have been competing with just Ty Rattie for an NHL spot (IF we even signed Rattie, might not have if Foo signed first) meaning Foo would have had much more opportunity to make our team, and not just in a 4th line capacity.

Like I said irrelevant as Foo isnt likely to amount to anything but just funny that he willingly joined his rival team for more opportunity but would have been much better off choosing his favorite team.
I guess you could say he's a bit of a foo for that hahaha

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Jersey did nothing this offseason. Im not sure what Shero is trying to do, I cant see them as a playoff team next season. Hall wont be a Hart winner next season and they only made the playoffs by one point with him being as good as he was.

Hopefully they suck balls the next two seasons and Hall leaves to the Rangers as a UFA. **** the Devils and their cocky fans.
Shero is doing exactly what Chiarelli probably should have done. They made an offer on Van Riemsdyk which was something like 7m for 3 years I heard on TSN 1260. Obviously was turned down but Shero is not going to hamper his team with overpaid UFA's. I like that they're staying the course and making moves through trade and drafting. To me being desperate and signing players just to keep your own from walking in Free Agency is a waste. When the Oilers were in the driver's seat for Lucic they should've offered him term and less cap or less term and same cap as he got. If he wanted money over playing with McDavid, so be it.

Shero is smart, Chiarelli is not.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Shero is doing exactly what Chiarelli probably should have done. They made an offer on Van Riemsdyk which was something like 7m for 3 years I heard on TSN 1260. Obviously was turned down but Shero is not going to hamper his team with overpaid UFA's. I like that they're staying the course and making moves through trade and drafting. To me being desperate and signing players just to keep your own from walking in Free Agency is a waste. When the Oilers were in the driver's seat for Lucic they should've offered him term and less cap or less term and same cap as he got. If he wanted money over playing with McDavid, so be it.

I agree. But that team has holes on D and at forward.

A 2y2m Maroon deal would have been beneficial.
Or the DeHaan deal for example would aslo have been a great add for them.

Not making a huge deal but filing yoir holes with value contracts is how smart GMs utilize free agency.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Not making a huge deal but filing yoir holes with value contracts is how smart GMs utilize free agency.

This. Also beyond Ty Smith the Devils don't really have anything interesting in their d pipeline. They should have went for De Haan. Would have only cost them money and not a whole lot of it.

Shero stood pat with a team full of holes and not a lot of prospects to cover those holes.

Chiarelli made his bed and now may be forced to rely on drafting and developing but Shero actually had cap space available to make some upgrades without breaking the bank.

Reactions: A91

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

I don't know if you listened to the interview or not but I personally got the sense that Maroon didn't want to be back in New Jersey. He spoke higher of Edmonton then he did of Jersey and I'm sure being in the East was something he wasn't interested in at all with his family.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I don't know if you listened to the interview or not but I personally got the sense that Maroon didn't want to be back in New Jersey. He spoke higher of Edmonton then he did of Jersey and I'm sure being in the East was something he wasn't interested in at all with his family.

I didnt listen to the interview but i'm sure Patty has had his mind set on STL for a while now (unless we offered him a long term deal)
Was more of an example of the type of signings that are beneficial.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This. Also beyond Ty Smith the Devils don't really have anything interesting in their d pipeline. They should have went for De Haan. Would have only cost them money and not a whole lot of it.

Shero stood pat with a team full of holes and not a lot of prospects to cover those holes.

Chiarelli made his bed and now may be forced to rely on drafting and developing but Shero actually had cap space available to make some upgrades without breaking the bank.

Will Butcher says hi. That guy seems like he'll be a good one.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Kind of funny.. Will Butcher drafted by Colorado signed in NJ. Alex Kerfoot drafted by NJ signed in Colorado.. both had huge seasons. Jesper Bratt has some potential too.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Shero doesn't know how to build depth. It's one of the reasons why he was fired from the Pens.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Signing the big name players during free agency almost never works. You are normally signing players that are exiting their prime for prime dollars. In a non cap world it didn’t matter but now with the salary cap it just doesn’t make sense. It’s better to just sign depth players to short deals and just draft/develop or trade for key players. If Toronto misses the playoffs or if Tavares doesn’t hit 70+ points you will See people calling for his head.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton

He's a real bonehead for that. What a bonehead.

Reactions: A91

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That's an oversimplification of the matter to a dishonest degree.

In what way? He built them one of the best teams in the league, and when cap troubles hit, he had to move some guys. The team wasn’t quite as good for one year before the new guys could come in, and he got fired for it. People like to forget that he drafted Kessel, Lucic, Marchand, Spooner, Grzelcyk, Pastrnak, Donato, Heinen, etc. His successor meanwhile passed on Barzal and Connor for Senyshyn and Zboril.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Will Butcher isn't a prospect anymore. He played a full season in the NHL. Like I said beyond Ty Smith they have nothing of interest in the d pipeline.

In terms of good young players, most of the Devils young guys of note are already on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->