Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "We Have a Lot of Crap to Figure Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’d definitely be interested in Miller. I wonder if it’s possible to do a 3 way team with someone where we get Miller, the 3rd team gets Russell, and Vegas gets picks
In my mind one of Russell, Sekera or Lucic gets moved for a 3C this summer. I think that the Benning deal happens this summer as well, which leaves us needing a RD, which is where Miller comes in. In the end, I think we end up adding salary, but it's addressing immediate roster needs.

I think that Miller a realistic option and what you'd consider 'buy-low'. Even in a season where he was scratched on multiple occasions and the topic of consistent trade rumors, he was a 30 point defenseman. On this roster, with primary PP opportunity, I wouldn't discount him as a potential 40 point defenseman.

I think the Subban, Ellis, Faulk, Hamilton, etc offers are still wildly unrealistic while also being kind of counterproductive towards building a sustainable on-ice product.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think the biggest issue with Kassian is history suggests he's not a long term answer on the top line.

It wasn't long ago nobody wanted him including the Oilers.
Agree. I think people penciling him onto the top line next season are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad