Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Throw Connor a Frickin Bone Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
SN mentioned that the Oilers were interested in Pageau, but not at a high cost (no specifics mentioned). Nothing brilliant there.

If we’re able to get Pageau and keep our first I’d be a happy boy.

If we’re able to get Pageau and Namestikov while keeping our first I’ll cream my jeans.

EDIT: C’mon Dorion make another bad trade.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Arizona should get something for Hall before he bolts.
They probably should. Especially if OEL has a serious long term injury or got his noodle knocked loose. That could stall their playoff drive. However, Edmonton better not be the ones to give them something. Or anything.

I'd tune in to watch the Taylor Hall Hat trick though. Torpedo 3 teams in a single season. That's good T.V. Hmm I wonder what calgary would pay to have him.

Reactions: Bones2079

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Severson would be a great add, but then you begin to run the same problem you have with Larsson. If Bouchard succeeds, and Bear continues to show great talent, then what do you do with Severson? Bear is a way better player at this point, Bouchard is tracking to be a way better player. Do you put Severson on the 3rd pairing at 4m? Nah. If Bouchard plays well in the next games leading to the TDL, you have the luxury of moving on from Larsson and acquiring a piece that is needed more.

Bringing in Severson would be a step sideways. Adding salary for a guy who might not be needed for more than a third pairing role as soon as 10 games from now's time.

As our roster stands right now, I'd be open to adding a true #1/2 guy who will push Bear or Nurse down the lineup. Someone like a Doughty etc who you would be blessed to have no matter what. Then you have a nice problem in having to move a D man out. Severson isn't worth it. We need to be playing cheap options on our 3rd pair no matter what. Jones and Benning do that for us right now.

Like I've said for 2 weeks now, I've known that Bouchard would be getting a solid look to see what they have going into the TDL. He isn't up because of Klefbom's injury. Lagesson was going down for Bouch if Klef stayed healthy.

Funny Larsson is the guy I want to keep but only he he takes less money . Russell is a goner . I also move Nurse if he wants anymore then 6.5 . I also would move on from Klefbom . He is always injured. Can’t move him until you have a replacement tho

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Woke up hoping and expecting to see we added a depth D and a winger, and nothing.....NOTHING! Ken. Listen here. We are this close to locking down a playoff spot. I know you don’t want to trade this years first and I’m with ya on that. But surely you can dangle next years picks? We are right there.....when I check in again tomorrow morning I expect to see some good news Kenny. Good news. Kapiche?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I can't see any way that Kessel would accept a trade to any Canadian team. He does not like the spotlight at all. Plus at $6.8M that is not a contract that will be easy to move.

Kessell would be the 3rd best forward in Edmonton, just has he was in Pittsburgh and I'm not sure he's in a better situation in Arizona as the best forward (supposed to be). The $6.8 hit will lower his trade value. They can also retain money

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Coincidence? No. But do you want to provide me some more context than he was on the ice?

There aren't going to be many situations where Damon Severson is the most impactful player on the ice at one point in time--even for his own team. These metrics aren't convincing me that his team is succeeding because they've been graced by his appearance. I've seen plenty enough of him to think otherwise.

That being said, we're talking about a player who is comfortable making mistakes and a player whose team looks upon him to provide a relatively significant amount of offense. Looking solely at offensive production, this is always going to be a player who produces more.
I remember when Larsson was redundant in NJD, he was out injured and Severson played decent while he was out. Once Larsson was back it took the coach like a game and a half to put Larsson back on that 1st pair ahead of Severson. I don't think Severson is awful, but I think many don't really get why coaches really like Larsson (and no, it is not because they are out of touch...).

The only way I see Edm trading Larsson and bringing in Severson is if there is a gross over-pay on the table for Larsson. However, I do think that the team will be worse off with Severson instead of Larsson. Now this is not as bad as it would have been a year or so ago, Bear and to an extent Jones (so far) are providing much valued D depth. So maybe it is a way to go, but again the return for Larsson would need to be significant imo.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's probably not available, nor should he be, but Kevin Labanc would look great in our top 6. Rfa at end of season, can play both wings...would think they would want our 1st++ though. I would pay up for him.
I wondering him and/or Goodrow, he might make a good #3C, though I can't see the Sharks parting with him cheaply.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Anaheim to be very active. I see something here... Is it worth to use a 1st if we get a good package of like 2 roosterplayers?

1st + 2nd 2021 + Caleb Jones + Gagner (cap dump) for Rakell 25 % renetention & Silfverberg 25% renetention

(i dont think they want puljujärvi)

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Anaheim to be very active. I see something here... Is it worth to use a 1st if we get a good package of like 2 roosterplayers?

1st + 2nd 2021 + Caleb Jones + Gagner (cap dump) for Rakell 25 % renetention & Silfverberg 25% renetention

That might get you one of those guys.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Kessell would be the 3rd best forward in Edmonton, just has he was in Pittsburgh and I'm not sure he's in a better situation in Arizona as the best forward (supposed to be). The $6.8 hit will lower his trade value. They can also retain money

I would take Nuge over Kessel any day.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Woke up hoping and expecting to see we added a depth D and a winger, and nothing.....NOTHING! Ken. Listen here. We are this close to locking down a playoff spot. I know you don’t want to trade this years first and I’m with ya on that. But surely you can dangle next years picks? We are right there.....when I check in again tomorrow morning I expect to see some good news Kenny. Good news. Kapiche?
We just have to win a few more games first!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I'd rather we trade them Puljujarvi + 3rd 2021 + Gagner for Getzlaf (30% retained) and then trade our 2nd + Conditional 2nd 2021 (Condition is if we make it to the Conference Final AND resign Hoffman) + Marody for Hoffman.

Hoffman - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Chaisson - Getzlaf - Archibald/Neal
Nygard - Granlund/Khaira - Haas/Archibald
P.Russell

That forward line would be a beast in the Playoffs. You also might have to dump one of our Dmen, but with our dmen playing very well, we can almost afford to lose Russell or Larsson (as long as we get something decent back)

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
With our limited cap space and assets, a depth D isn't necessary. Our depth there is fine already.

I would like Holland to go out and get that forward asap. I imagine the entire forward group is exhausted for punching above their weight class for so long.

My fear is that when Connor comes back, they feel relieved and take the foot off the pedal.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
T-4 days till deadline...

I don't think Ken is gonna do anything bar a Jared Smithson/David Deshairnais type

gutless behavior after what our team has shown with #1D and generational player out

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
T-4 days till deadline...

I don't think Ken is gonna do anything bar a Jared Smithson/David Deshairnais type

gutless behavior after what our team has shown with #1D and generational player out

Nor does he really need to although I would love for Connor to have someone else on that line other then Neal.
Tartar would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad