Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Throw Connor a Frickin Bone Ken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If we were getting Severson it would surely mean that Larsson is on his way out.
Sure, but preferably in the offseason and not at the deadline. Just need NJ to take Gagner back and the money still works for this year. We can package Benning and Khaira for a decent forward in the Brown/Namestnikov range. Maybe even Kerfoot? Sheary? Either way we get an upgrade on Khaira and Benning. Best of both worlds for the cost of Pulju and a 2nd, and we recoup some of those futures by dealing Larsson and Russell in the offseason and go to a more puck moving style of D with Bear/Nurse/Klef/Severson, plus a young group making up the rest with Jones/Bouchard/Lagesson

Reactions: npanciroli

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
It would be extremely Oilers to need forward help for an entire season but pull the trigger on a Del Zotto trade the minute Lagesson is actually getting playing time

I hope you dont have insider info on Del Zotto coming here. He really doesnt seem like a Tippett type of player

Reactions: ujju2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's just a coincidence that the Devils have had their best defensive results with him on the ice despite everyone else playing with those same four other skaters and goalie then?
Coincidence? No. But do you want to provide me some more context than he was on the ice?

There aren't going to be many situations where Damon Severson is the most impactful player on the ice at one point in time--even for his own team. These metrics aren't convincing me that his team is succeeding because they've been graced by his appearance. I've seen plenty enough of him to think otherwise.

That being said, we're talking about a player who is comfortable making mistakes and a player whose team looks upon him to provide a relatively significant amount of offense. Looking solely at offensive production, this is always going to be a player who produces more.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Even if nothing happens it's nice to see our gm at least inquiring, doing his due diligence and seeing what's out there. Chia didn't and just made whatever trade he decided would hurt the team most that day

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Those @EvolvingWild guys are a joke on twitter. Their "stat model" has Draisaitl as like the 30th best player in the league this year and have guys like Smith and Nichushkin having better years. Advanced stats are .. sometimes abysmal

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Ken needs to make an add.

This cluster is for real and fact is that even with these 2 yr extensions rolling in, we are going to have to pay out big for 7 or 8 young core players in the next 2-3 years. We are already on the clock and come May this group will be ready to ride.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
'20 2nd + '21 3rd + Maksimov/Marody + Manning for Tierney + Ennis

Tierney 10G 30Pts on pace for another 40 pt season
Ennis 14G 33pts

These guys would tied for 4th and 5th in scoring on our team.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
At this point why not give Minny a 3rd and Chiasson for Galchenyuk at 50%?

Best case he catches lightning in a bottle on Connors wing, worst case he sucks and we dumped Chiassons extra year on them.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
At this point why not give Minny a 3rd and Chiasson for Galchenyuk at 50%?

Best case he catches lightning in a bottle on Connors wing, worst case he sucks and we dumped Chiassons extra year on them.
Because Minnesota wouldn't do that for the exact reason you just highighted.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Those @EvolvingWild guys are a joke on twitter. Their "stat model" has Draisaitl as like the 30th best player in the league this year and have guys like Smith and Nichushkin having better years. Advanced stats are .. sometimes abysmal

Yeah I thought it was curious that they’d post that, considering that there was realistically only one response they were going to get. They got ratioed rightfully so.

The weirdest part is the way they pushed back on the people giving them shit. You’d think they'd say “the model’s not perfect and Hockey is not exactly an easy sport to analyze”, but instead they stood their ground. That lost them quite a bit of credibility in my mind.

Reactions: belair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad