Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Spector: Multi-Year Kassian Extension Prior to Trade Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Maybe I'm just over-cautious, but I'm generally not a fan of adding older defencemen at the TDL for a playoff run. Too many bad experiences as a Caps fan. I'd rather just run with the group we have, maybe add a 3C a la Desharnais.

That's funny, I think adding an older vet is the over-cautious move. 100% agree with you on adding a veteran 3C as well.

Reactions: ujju2

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
No, petulant. Like a child. You don't seem overly detailed in the slightest. But sometimes you say something interesting, so... I'm just asking you do that instead of being petulant.
Actually i would love to hear Dorion's reaction to your suggestion.

Just so i understand .....if Pageau is gone from Ottawa....who plays as their top line centre.
And you do know Dorion stated a couple of months ago that c. Brown is part of their future....a winger performing really well and is an RFA they can control....

What price are you paying.....???

Perhaps my reaction is that your idea is childish as it has no foundation in reality!

Last edited:

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
If I was Holland, I would make a serious effort to move Neal this summer, selling high while I still could. That opens your cap to give a guy like Hall an offer.

Love Neal, love how he's rebounded, but I think this is as good as it gets, and you have to expect he's on a decline for the rest of his deal. This may be the only chance to convince a GM to take him without having to retain much cap.

Definitely agree on moving Russell. Shouldn't be expensive to move him with a 1.5M salary with 4M cap hit after his bonus is paid.
I try EVERYTHING that I can to move Neal if I am Holland. He is slow as molasses and will only get worse at ES. Just upgrade him and we are golden with Yammo sticking.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Ridiculously bad...how so?
I don't get this either. Kassian can play bottom 6 as well. 3rd line if his play tanked on the first line. This is not a guy like Neal that is be all end all on the top 6. 3.25 seems great for him and what he does.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Actually i would love to hear Dorion's reaction to your suggestion.

Just so i understand .....if Pageau is gone from Ottawa....who plays as their top line centre.
And you do know Dorion stated a couple of months ago that c. Brown is part of their future....a winger performing really well and is an RFA they can control....

What price are you paying.....???

Perhaps my reaction is that your idea is childish as it has no foundation in reality!

See, it's not that hard to at least go half way to having an adult conversation. You're not quite all the way there, but I appreciate the effort.

Pageau is on the block, I don't think there's anything more to say there. He's a big time trade chip and he's a UFA, the Sens will trade him. Connor Brown is doing well, and is a good piece, so - as I said - it would take serious assets. It would be a hockey deal.

Do you consider Connor Brown an untouchable player?

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
What suggestion is that? That it would take serious assets to get Connor Brown and Pageau? I'm fairly sure I'm correct on that.
Ottawa will have players available .....3 or 4 ....
But Pageau they are already playing cat and mouse negotiation with....
Even if we did get him it very likely a very expensive rental...He is basically from Ottawa area...

The one interesting player that would work perfectly for us and we could resign would be Tierney.....probably available for the right price....but expensive too.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
See, it's not that hard to at least go half way to having an adult conversation. You're not quite all the way there, but I appreciate the effort.

Pageau is on the block, I don't think there's anything more to say there. He's a big time trade chip and he's a UFA, the Sens will trade him. Connor Brown is doing well, and is a good piece, so - as I said - it would take serious assets. It would be a hockey deal.

I see you want things to be your way.....we have quite different viewpoints on the way to general a team....i will take ur rebuke somewhat ....i should just have laughed to myself....

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Ottawa will have players available .....3 or 4 ....
But Pageau they are already playing cat and mouse negotiation with....
Even if we did get him it very likely a very expensive rental...He is basically from Ottawa area...

The one interesting player that would work perfectly for us and we could resign would be Tierney.....probably available for the right price....but expensive too.

Oh ya, I don't disagree Tierney would be a great piece. But let me just get this straight here: Chris Tierney is a 25 year old RFA center who has literally 2 fewer goals than 26 year old RFA Connor Brown. Yet Connor Brown is untouchable and Tierney is a possible get?

I think for the right price all those guys are available. Not saying that price is one worth paying, but in the right situation, you'd at least have to think about moving a high end prospect for a guy like Connor Brown.

What's your take on Anisimov? Now there's a guy Dorion might be itching to ship off! Can play wing or C.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I see you want things to be your way.....we have quite different viewpoints on the way to general a team....i will take ur rebuke somewhat ....i should just have laughed to myself....

I'm happy to hear different viewpoints and agree or provide counter points if I have them. Let's just talk like adults, not like kids. That's all.

I do appreciate when you actually talk hockey.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

I suggest you take a long hard look at Ottawa's situation.
First they work under a fake cap.
Boedker and Namestnikov are both gone one way or the other....
They have 4 or 5 rookies they will be bringing up this year plus Byfield?maybe..
They need a framework for these guys....
Ottawa will be losing their fake cap on two guys for next year....

So your Dorion and you have to find a way ge t fans in the seats.....

Pageau is not on block....its a ploy ...an obvious one to keep his number low....
Connor Brown obviously not untouchable but the perfect winger for them now --an experienced winger and an RFA they can control the price on....thus they would want real good value for him....a second wouldnt do it...
Ottawa would want youth ....a very young high quality prospect or a very high pick.....
Holland's not a big spender to begin with...

So Mr. Grownup ....what price do you suggest we pay for such items....have you got a price in mind or like a child you are just dreaming ....

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
San Jose is really going to give up a lottery pick to Ottawa, aren’t they?
The way the Sharks are going, they might out-tank the Kings and Ducks. You never know. Look at the bottom 7 teams in the standings. All 7 were considered locks to make the playoffs just 3 years ago.What would happen if both the Senators and Sharks end up in last place in their conference? Imagine going up to the podium with #1 and #2 picks.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
The way the Sharks are going, they might out-tank the Kings and Ducks. You never know. Look at the bottom 7 teams in the standings. All 7 were considered locks to make the playoffs just 3 years ago.What would happen if both the Senators and Sharks end up in last place in their conference? Imagine going up to the podium with #1 and #2 picks.
Its really amazing! The place Ottawa was in a year and half ago....Dorion probably had to stay away from bridges....
Now alot of their young guys are just do amazing,,,,
and they have two picks very likely in the top 5 and 3 seconds and a very early 3rd....
Plus they will likely get one or two more high picks trading away an asset or two.....

Dorion can rebuild this team between what he has and this draft and a couple of smart trades or pickups...

And he can get alot of fans back by marketing all the young talent.....

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't get this either. Kassian can play bottom 6 as well. 3rd line if his play tanked on the first line. This is not a guy like Neal that is be all end all on the top 6. 3.25 seems great for him and what he does.

I agree.
I have no idea what comparables one would use to argue that $3.25M x 4 is a ridiculous overpay.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
We should be learning from our mistakes especially when it comes to contracts. How stupid does the Chiasson extra year signing feel now that he has reverted to exactly what he was pre-break out year.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I suggest you take a long hard look at Ottawa's situation.
First they work under a fake cap.
Boedker and Namestnikov are both gone one way or the other....
They have 4 or 5 rookies they will be bringing up this year plus Byfield?maybe..
They need a framework for these guys....
Ottawa will be losing their fake cap on two guys for next year....

So your Dorion and you have to find a way ge t fans in the seats.....

Pageau is not on block....its a ploy ...an obvious one to keep his number low....
Connor Brown obviously not untouchable but the perfect winger for them now.....thus they would want real good value for him....a second wouldnt do it...

Ya, Boedker and Namestnikov are both gone... By literally being gone. So.. Not even sure what you're talking about there. They expire next season. Is that a revelation to you?

How does pretending somebody is on the trade block keep their number low? Is his agent going to demand less money so his client doesn't have to play meaningful games in February?

For Connor Brown I'd imagine they'd ask for an NHL d-man, a top prospect, and a pick. I don't know if I'd pay it. But it would be a good fit, and might be worth it in the long run.

So Mr. Grownup ....what price do you suggest we pay for such items....have you got a price in mind or like a child you are just dreaming ....

Thanks for making it easy.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
r
Ya, Boedker and Namestnikov are both gone... By literally being gone. So.. Not even sure what you're talking about there. They expire next season. Is that a revelation to you?

How does pretending somebody is on the trade block keep their number low? Is his agent going to demand less money so his client doesn't have to play meaningful games in February?

For Connor Brown I'd imagine they'd ask for an NHL d-man, a top prospect, and a pick. I don't know if I'd pay it. But it would be a good fit, and might be worth it in the long run.

LOL...C. Brown has been playing right wing for last three years ....Yes?? Where are you playing him?

Pageau will take less to stay in Ottawa....so yes its a worthwhile maneouver by Dorion!

And yes if you gave Broberg and a second for Brown Dorion would drive him to the airport.....but Holland will not overpay that much.....

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

This is absolute madness. Your value is way off on this player. That being said, I can't see why they'd trade him anyways. He and Duclair are pretty safe.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
This is absolute madness. Your value is way off on this player. That being said, I can't see why they'd trade him anyways. He and Duclair are pretty safe.

Like I said, I don't know if I'd pay that. I do see the ask being high, don't you?

Like say it was Russell + Day + 4th. Is THAT way off? I'd say that's an underpay right? A player, a pick and a prospect, there's a range there.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Like I said, I don't know if I'd pay that. I do see the ask being high, don't you?

Like say it was Russell + Day + 4th. Is THAT way off? I'd say that's an underpay right? A player, a pick and a prospect, there's a range there.

A top prospect probably refers to Benson, Samorukov, Bouchard, or Broberg.

Reactions: Anarchism

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Logan Day is barely a prospect, let alone a top prospect.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Anyways why do they entertain trading him at a realistic price....

Lets talk about something real....
Toronto's coach has got to be all over Dubas.....begging/screaming for a defensive D....
Further Keefe likes Engvall.....When Andreas returns where does he play....

I think Holland can use this to his advantage....

replacement

Oct 20, 2018

Yes, for sure. I don't think the ask would be less than a top prospect, would you?

So you didn't mention Lavoie in your list. To me, Lavoie would be a piece that has tons of value, I consider him a top prospect. He might turn in to a real good NHL'er. But... I might consider letting him go for the right piece that helps in the next 2 seasons. Connor Brown seems and ideal fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad