Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Reseason Training Camp Opens July 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I wonder where Sean Day signs next season. I assume he signs with an AHL team. I understand the issues with the kid, but he always had a tendency to wow you with his natural ability in junior. I wouldn't mind Bakersfield taking a shot next year. Woodcroft and Manson have had great results developing the games of our young Dmen over the past couple seasons. At 22, there may still be a player there.

Didn't he balloon to 260 lbs and didn't take fitness seriously?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wonder where Sean Day signs next season. I assume he signs with an AHL team. I understand the issues with the kid, but he always had a tendency to wow you with his natural ability in junior. I wouldn't mind Bakersfield taking a shot next year. Woodcroft and Manson have had great results developing the games of our young Dmen over the past couple seasons. At 22, there may still be a player there.

Is he an UFA? I remember him having size and being a fast skater, what else does he bring to the table?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I never heard anything about that. But in Friedman's article today he admits that he's just recently started to take his conditioning and nutrition more seriously.

Is he an UFA? I remember him having size and being a fast skater, what else does he bring to the table?
Yes, he just cleared NHL waivers to allow the Rangers to terminate his contract.

At this point I'm not sure what he brings to the table. I haven't seen him play pro hockey. I wouldn't even give him the size compliment. He was pretty soft for a guy who had the size advantage in junior. But he was a big player in Windsor's Mem Cup run.

Just a thought. He's an interesting name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wonder what's going on with Rourke Chartier. Has produced at every level and then randomly didn't play last year.
I remember him from Kelowna. Haven’t followed him since then. He was drafted by Anaheim I think can’t remember for sure though.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I was thinking the same thing. At his best this kid has mad skills.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I never heard anything about that. But in Friedman's article today he admits that he's just recently started to take his conditioning and nutrition more seriously.

Yes, he just cleared NHL waivers to allow the Rangers to terminate his contract.

At this point I'm not sure what he brings to the table. I haven't seen him play pro hockey. I wouldn't even give him the size compliment. He was pretty soft for a guy who had the size advantage in junior. But he was a big player in Windsor's Mem Cup run.

Just a thought. He's an interesting name.

Few articles on line mention he was 40 pounds over weight at one point in time

For me there are warning signs on him

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
Not sure about being that over weight but he did have conditioning issues and has now seen the light about how important it is. To me it sounds like he’s real sensitive person and needs certain type of coach to help him Succeed

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Sean Day had such nice skating strides and was 6'2 at 15 that I thought he was going to be the next best Dman

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not sure about being that over weight but he did have conditioning issues and has now seen the light about how important it is. To me it sounds like he’s real sensitive person and needs certain type of coach to help him Succeed
At 17 while he was away from home the kid had a life changing experience with his brother's car accident. At 17 most kids have almost 0 responsibility in life but these hockey players have to grow up far too fast sometimes. This is why I have sympathy for Puljujarvi. Immaturity can make it extremely difficult to succeed in a multi-billion dollar business.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’d feel perfectly comfortable handing Nuge an 8 year extension worth 50 mil. It’s only a raise of 250k per year. Stagger the numbers to make it front loaded if need be, or give him big bonus money in years for CBA negotiations, but if you can get it in at that number I think it’s a victory (for both sides really).

As others have mentioned, I don’t think Nuge is the type you fear a rapid decline in his early 30’s. I think he could still be as productive in years 5-8 of an 8 year deal.

Reactions: McShogun99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->