Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Quality Wing Options Remains, Can We Sign One Of Them?

Does Broberg Make The Oilers Opening Day Roster Next Season?

• Yes

• No

• -----------------------------------------------------------------

• BONUS: Broberg plays atleast 20 NHL games throughout next season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Aren’t we pretty much out of cap space?

More or less, but depending on what they sign Bear for they should have enough cap with Klef on LTIR for a 1.5 to 2 mill player. They could also add some league min type guys since they can send other players down to the minors for around the same cap.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
More or less, but depending on what they sign Bear for they should have enough cap with Klef on LTIR for a 1.5 to 2 mill player. They could also add some league min type guys since they can send other players down to the minors for around the same cap.
Technically we could make space just by reaching the roster limit. I believe we are over it by a couple so that frees up space when we send guys down. Then again, depending on how covid goes maybe we have to carry more extras

Reactions: voxel and Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Cheap offensive production/skill for the wing.

Wonder how dumb he is gonna end up feeling if he did turn down a 2.4Mx2 deal from us. I'd just be offering him ~1.5M now. Can't be that many offers out there.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
maybe we're one of the 5 teams Hoffman is waiting for to clear cap:popcorn:

Honestly though, if the Oilers were to offer him the same contract they offered Hall (4.75M x 1), all things being equal, is there any better option for him than the Oilers? The prospect of playing on the best player in the world's wing and getting top minutes on the best power play in recent history has gotta be pretty enticing if you're looking to bolster your numbers for a big payday.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Honestly though, if the Oilers were to offer him the same contract they offered Hall (4.75M x 1), all things being equal, is there any better option for him than the Oilers? The prospect of playing on the best player in the world's wing and getting top minutes on the best power play in recent history has gotta be pretty enticing if you're looking to bolster your numbers for a big payday.

I think if the Oilers were able to make that kind of cap space, they would have done it already. Russells NTC and Klefs status being up in the air are working against us here. Holland doesn't seem like the type to negotiate from a position of weakness.

We were "out" on Hall before we signed Barrie from what I remember according to twitter. I can't imagine us making that same offer to anyone else now.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I think if the Oilers were able to make that kind of cap space, they would have done it already. Russells NTC and Klefs status being up in the air are working against us here. Holland doesn't seem like the type to negotiate from a position of weakness.

We were "out" on Hall before we signed Barrie from what I remember according to twitter. I can't imagine us making that same offer to anyone else now.

I agree. I don't think there is any way the Oilers could move the cap even if they wanted to. In a hypothetical situation though, in which Hoffman has multiple "show me" offers including one from the Oilers, I would be a little surprised if Edmonton weren't at the top of the list.

Reactions: 3IR

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Not sure why we'd go after AA again. Been there, done that, and it was not good.
If we can get him cheap enough he would still be an asset. Worst case scenario we trade him to someone for a draft pick. Holland is probably pursuing LH shot D vets instead to help cover the Klefbom void.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You seem to believe you see something no one else can see, so show us. Go to capfriendly.com, use the armchair GM mode under the 21-22 season with an 81.5 cap, give Laine even just 10 million, and make sure to give Nurse, Yamo, and Bear realistic contracts. Show us how your lineup looks. I’d love to have the next Ovechkin too, but it’s easier said than done.
And frankly, I am not sure where the next Ovechkin talk comes from either. In his first 4 years in the League Ovechkin scored 219 goals vs Laine's 138 goals. Ovie had 3 100+ point seasons. Laine has topped out at 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad