Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Puljujarvi, Turris, Barrie & Quine, Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You just can't think outside the box.. there is a major opportunity here.. I'm all about winning and I'm sick of watching McD set up his wingers and them flubbing it yet again.

I'm not willing to pay 11 million dollars for that. There are lots of players that can cash on Connor's feeds for less that that, RNH included.

Shit if we really want to we might be able to get Hall to agree to 7 mill per (think if that was offered to him this year he would have taken it to come back) next year, and RNH to 7-7.5 mill per ... if Laine is fishing for Marner/Matthews money, we might be able to get both Hall and RNH for just a little more.

I'm also not willing to give away Evan Bouchard, the Jets are not going to accept a package of RNH + Larsson, both of those guys can walk after one year.

Reactions: frag2

DEJL

Jul 16, 2020
For a guy you want to pay 11m it certainly is... Might aswell pay mike Hoffman 11m while we're at it too, he outscored Laine the last 2 years
Hey I would take Hoffman over what we have, but he's certainly no Laine.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
What the hell have the jets ever won besides the avco cup.. ask Gretz if he appreciated having Kurri's one timer.
Look I am not saying anything bad about his shot, we all know it’s lethal. He’s not worth the assets to trade for and sign him above what drai is making.
You just can't think outside the box.. there is a major opportunity here.. I'm all about winning and I'm sick of watching McD set up his wingers and them flubbing it yet again.
Ok and? In the cap world we’ll end up like the leafs. McDavid and co took us further than whatever the hell is going on with that gigantic meme team from toronto.

DEJL

Jul 16, 2020
Yes I agree.. but Laine would likely sign for 8.75 to play with McDavid.. how much is RNH going to get?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yes I agree.. but Laine would likely sign for 8.75 to play with McDavid.. how much is RNH going to get?

I doubt that very much. He will want Marner/Matthews money, why shouldn't he, he knows he will pick up a lot of McGravy goals.

Winnipeg also will not accept just RNH and Larsson, you need to give them a big time young prospect and probably a 1st round pick to go with it on top of RNH. Two guys who can walk and sign with anyone in a few months doesn't get it done.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

DEJL

Jul 16, 2020
I doubt that very much. He will want Marner/Matthews money, why shouldn't he, he knows he will pick up a lot of McGravy goals.

Winnipeg also will not accept just RNH and Larsson, you need to give them a young prospect with term not two guys who can walk and sign with anyone in a few months.
Yup, that would have to be negotiated.. but Nuge is exactly what they need too.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup, that would have to be negotiated.. but Nuge is exactly what they need too.

Neither RNH or Larsson would agree to long term deals with Winnipeg IMO, both in that case would explore the UFA market.

They're not making that deal. You have to add Bouchard + probably a 1st. Subtract Larsson.

DEJL

Jul 16, 2020
Neither RNH or Larsson would agree to long term deals with Winnipeg IMO, both in that case would explore the UFA market.
Why.. do you think Edm is that much better than Wpg? lol.. c'mon let's be real...but they're both excellent places to play hockey.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why.. do you think Edm is that much better than Wpg? lol.. c'mon let's be real...but they're both excellent places to play hockey.

RNH has history here. Larsson I think is gone from even Edmonton after this year. I think he'll probably sign out East. Regardless no team is trading a 22 year old like Laine for two pending UFAs, not unless you're freaking New York or Florida and are confident they'd resign for life style reasons, and even then that's an awful large risk.

They will want Bouchard + picks + more, stop kidding yourself.

Trading a player like Laine and risking it all that you can sign a two guys that can walk in a few months is playing russian roulette with your career as a GM.

DEJL

Jul 16, 2020
RNH has history here. Larsson I think is gone from even Edmonton after this year. I think he'll probably sign out East. Regardless no team is trading a 22 year old like Laine for two pending UFAs, not unless you're freaking New York or Florida and are confident they'd resign for life style reasons, and even then that's an awful large risk.

They will want Bouchard + picks + more, stop kidding yourself.

Trading a player like Laine and risking it all that you can sign a two guys that can walk in a few months is playing russian roulette with your career as a GM.
Covid has changed everything.. maybe they want to stay in Canada now.. and yes, we might have to give up a young defenceman.. but I would still be exploring this deal all day long.. Laine is only 22 yrs old.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Covid has changed everything.. maybe they want to stay in Canada now.. and yes, we might have to give up a young defenceman.. but I would still be exploring this deal all day long.. Laine is only 22 yrs old.
5F826B27-1B55-4523-98C8-6A5754CFF3A0.jpeg

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Man that is such an awkward picture. Like if everyone at the company golf tournament wore "Don't fire Frank." Shirts
Right? While I agree with the sentiment of the picture, i’d imagine it was extremely awkward for jultz and ebs. :skull:

A few days too late but this is regarding Schmidt feeling betrayed by George McPhee
84AF53C3-3C71-49D8-80BF-98D58F3E03AA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
That doesn't sound like Laine at all, he's supposed to be very full of himself and every rumor I've heard is he's looking for that monster pay cheque cause he thinks he's right up there with all the big boys.

RNH rumors are around the $7M mark, someone in the media was saying we opened with $6.25M and RNH's camp opened with $8M, if they met exactly in the middle it's $7.125M, but they can obviously haggle and try to get one side to bend a little more than the other.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Joe Thornton will bring experience. To learn from him even for 1 year. Toronto is a better team today with Thornton. Good for them.

If the season actually happens. Going to be a very interesting year.

Learn what is the question? How not to win a cup ? How to go out early in the playoff most years ? The Leafs already master that .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It would be hard for us Oiler fans to watch Nuge on another Canadian team too.. but Laine is a perfect fit for us.

The DRY line is perfect for us . We need to move Neal , Russell and Kassian to build a top line for McDavid . Nuge isn’t someone you trade unless his demands are ridiculous. Nuge has been on some shitty teams and never had anything to say .

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That doesn't sound like Laine at all, he's supposed to be very full of himself and every rumor I've heard is he's looking for that monster pay cheque cause he thinks he's right up there with all the big boys.

RNH rumors are around the $7M mark, someone in the media was saying we opened with $6.25M and RNH's camp opened with $8M, if they met exactly in the middle it's $7.125M, but they can obviously haggle and try to get one side to bend a little more than the other.

I think that RNH’s camp also opened with what he would have been expecting last year while assuming a rising cap and no Covid. Thinking they’ll have to realize that the economic environment in the NHL is different. RNH is basically a decent top 6 winger who can play C and PP/PK. Valuable yes, but not close to someone like Petro who just signed for 700k more than Nuge is asking.

betting the number for Nuge starts with a 6

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I much prefer the other solution to McDavids wing rather than a high end sniper ....and we can probably find an under the radar solution to this and not have to give up such primo assets....
....ie the Patrick Maroon find of yesteryear.
This may require some experimentation though....and perhaps some failures. I suggest we start now with Josh leivo....he will take the 700...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think that RNH’s camp also opened with what he would have been expecting last year while assuming a rising cap and no Covid. Thinking they’ll have to realize that the economic environment in the NHL is different. RNH is basically a decent top 6 winger who can play C and PP/PK. Valuable yes, but not close to someone like Petro who just signed for 700k more than Nuge is asking.

betting the number for Nuge starts with a 6

Remember Nevada is a tax free state plus he can write the mortgage off on his soon to be $5 million dollar home. That is like being paid $11 million + in Alberta.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Remember Nevada is a tax free state plus he can write the mortgage off on his soon to be $5 million dollar home. That is like being paid $11 million + in Alberta.

True.

how many comps for Nuge are being paid $8M right now?

Huberdeau is making $5.9 against the cap for the next two years and Nuge has never come close to his numbers. Same draft class. I just think there’s a lot more comparables that out Nuge in the $6.5M range than the $8M range

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

I wonder how many players are going to give Vegas a break like that without a complete NMC after seeing how they have no issue dealing players away and having them lose those benefits that they gave a discount for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad