Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | PRussell resigned to a 1-year extension $700K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I was watching the Steve Dangle podcast and they mentioned that his bonus payments were already made for next season so if he's traded it's likely not until after this season.

Obviously that's just speculation on their part but pretty reasonable speculation.
Yes. He is only owed $2M in salary for the remainder of this season. It would be tough to argue that trading him helps the budget for this year given the sunken cost already on the books.

Reactions: ConnorMcNugesaitl

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The Panthers also don't use Ekblad's big shot on their top PP unit, he get's 2nd unit time. Of his 36 points, only 6 come from the PP, putting him Top-3 in defenseman ES scoring behind only Josi and Carlson and ahead of DeAngelo, Slavin & Makar.

Would love it if we could get our mitts on him.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
He wasn't a problem, you can shout it all you wont.

He had multiple deflection goals right infront of him that werent his fault.

Do you usually make decisions based on small sample sizes?

lol. Okay. You are right. He was the best goalie in the playoffs. He made so many huge saves. No other goalie could have saved all those deflection goals. All the advanced analytics are wrong. All the other stats are wrong. Extend him right now!!

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Deciding that a player is a problem based on a four game sample size that occurred in August is a problem. Koskinen was an above average starter this season. Smith wasn't.

I didn’t say anything about Smith. Kosko played above average in 40 games. The season prior he wasn’t good either. You can call it a four game sample size- but how do you know it’s not a team that was able to play closer attention to his he tendencies and then exploited them? Or maybe a goalie who can’t play in big games. He is an average goalie at best. And I said he sucked in the series- which he did. Do you disagree that he sucked in the series?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The Panthers also don't use Ekblad's big shot on their top PP unit, he get's 2nd unit time. Of his 36 points, only 6 come from the PP, putting him Top-3 in defenseman ES scoring behind only Josi and Carlson and ahead of DeAngelo, Slavin & Makar.

Would love it if we could get our mitts on him.
Exactly. This is a guy that’s had 10+ goals in every season he’s played in besides this one which was shortened. He’s in the mold of a Shea Weber. Big, strong, great shot, not very mobile. Great young player I’d love to have.

Reactions: KYams17

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Exactly. This is a guy that’s had 10+ goals in every season he’s played in besides this one which was shortened. He’s in the mold of a Shea Weber. Big, strong, great shot, not very mobile. Great young player I’d love to have.

Weber has very underrated mobility. He's actually a pretty good skater for 6'4", and his positioning is excellent.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Koski + Nurse would be about the same cap. Would make us a cup contender for next 3 or 4 seasons.
I just don’t believe in spending that much on a goalie. Doesn’t matter who or how good the goalie is.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
If they re-sign Markstrom long-term with no-movement protection, they'd have to expose Demko in the expansion draft. I'm sure the Seattle has been watching closely how he perform these past few games.
Yah I keep on forgetting about the intricacies of protecting your roster with the expansion draft coming up. Yah either option for Seattle might be good. A few teams have 2 good goalies. I still think the last expansion draft was way to kind to Vegas but they did a good job building that team.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Getting Ekblad for any of our defense would be a cheat code to becoming a top end team in the West.

It would be a dream. His contract is a huge factor for me, 7.5 aav is for another 6 years is at its absolute worst fair value. It ends when he’s 32 and guys of his mold tend to have their best years in their late 20’s early 30’s. Usually as a team you’re stuck having to re-sign him to a monster long term deal in his late 20’s.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
It would be a dream. His contract is a huge factor for me, 7.5 aav is for another 6 years is at its absolute worst fair value. It ends when he’s 32 and guys of his mold tend to have their best years in their late 20’s early 30’s. Usually as a team you’re stuck having to re-sign him to a monster long term deal in his late 20’s.

What would Florida want though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad