Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Painted Yourself into a Corner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I'd strongly consider trading Jesse Puljujarvi. Before his value really falls off a cliff.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'd strongly consider trading Jesse Puljujarvi. Before his value really falls off a cliff.

I would if we had a gm that didn't lose literally every trade with talented players. He should have more value then drouin did when he was traded, but we'd likely get a cap dump player that'd blow out their knee just bad enough not to get litr game number 3 as pulju put up an allstar performance.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Stauffer said it on his show yesterday - the dman market for trade is non existent right now.

I’m guessing he’s chatted with Chia Over in Europe or on the plane back.

So Us Oilers fans just have to face it. No reinforcements are coming. This is the team we have and will have in the near future (till at least after American Thanksgiving)

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Man, Heiskanen in Dallas really is going to be one of the top D in the league very soon. What an exceptional talent.

Watching him play compared to what we have here is an absolute joke. Our D is going to forever keep us out of contention.

Reactions: A91

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Man, Heiskanen in Dallas really is going to be one of the top D in the league very soon. What an exceptional talent.

Watching him play compared to what we have here is an absolute joke. Our D is going to forever keep us out of contention.
Good for Heiskanen, there's been a lot of hype, good he seems to be living up to it so far.

As for the joke, make it easy to just tune out and find other hobbies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dallas has an interesting d. I'm more impressed what they were able to do in getting Lindell and Klingberg. Lindell is playing 24 a night while he played 22 last year.

Sucks if you are Honka though. Carrick and Polak getting the minutes over him. Wonder what kind value he has as he's a RHD that is suppose to be that offensive weapon that can run a PP.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Dallas has an interesting d. I'm more impressed what they were able to do in getting Lindell and Klingberg. Lindell is playing 24 a night while he played 22 last year.

Sucks if you are Honka though. Carrick and Polak getting the minutes over him. Wonder what kind value he has as he's a RHD that is suppose to be that offensive weapon that can run a PP.

Now they've also got Heiskanen, who's been outstanding despite having just one assist.

E: I didn't realize he was already mentioned earlier...

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Now they've also got Heiskanen, who's been outstanding despite having just one assist.
I don't think PHI ever thought twice about their pick, but if NJ was at #2 do they take the center or d?

Going to be interesting in the next few years to see what a re-draft would look like. I never was overly impressed with the 2 Centers and wouldn't be shocked that the re-draft would be like the year we took Nail. Just a complete different look.

Real curious to see how Mittelstadt and Petersson do this year. Next year potentially Makar and Glass. Anyone know if Glass was close to making the Knights this year? Wasn't he rumored to being the guy Ott wanted for Karlsson, but they said no? Kid is lighting up the dub already

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I don't think PHI ever thought twice about their pick, but if NJ was at #2 do they take the center or d?

Going to be interesting in the next few years to see what a re-draft would look like. I never was overly impressed with the 2 Centers and wouldn't be shocked that the re-draft would be like the year we took Nail. Just a complete different look.

Real curious to see how Mittelstadt and Petersson do this year. Next year potentially Makar and Glass. Anyone know if Glass was close to making the Knights this year? Wasn't he rumored to being the guy Ott wanted for Karlsson, but they said no? Kid is lighting up the dub already

Yeah, we'll se things go, but right now I believe Heiskanen looks like a better pick than Patrick. It's very early, but based on what I've seen from him earlier and what I've read this season (yes I haven't watched his games in Dallas) he's going to be a very valuable defender.

Talking about Mittelstadt, I thought he looked very good at the WJC-20 and I'm expecting him to make a nice career in the NHL. He's one of the rare players who have really managed to grab my attention.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I would if we had a gm that didn't lose literally every trade with talented players. He should have more value then drouin did when he was traded, but we'd likely get a cap dump player that'd blow out their knee just bad enough not to get litr game number 3 as pulju put up an allstar performance.
Drouin fetched Sergachev a legit top 4 dman and possible top pairing man in the making! I’m sure if JP landed that same return you’d be satisfied? In fact I’d trade JP today for Sergachev!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stauffer said it on his show yesterday - the dman market for trade is non existent right now.

I’m guessing he’s chatted with Chia Over in Europe or on the plane back.

So Us Oilers fans just have to face it. No reinforcements are coming. This is the team we have and will have in the near future (till at least after American Thanksgiving)

May as well get Bouchard up to speed then, oh I forgot, we gotta get Benning going.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Just meandering speculation from months ago. Even less likely now that the Canes seem to be a cohesive team with direction. They’re not ditching their Captain anytime soon.

That's what I thought, too, but I felt it contained some quite interesting thoughts so I decided to link it here and let anyone who reads it form their own opinions.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

No thanks on Honka. I wouldn't trade more than a mid round pick for him and I doubt Dallas trades him for that.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Drouin fetched Sergachev a legit top 4 dman and possible top pairing man in the making! I’m sure if JP landed that same return you’d be satisfied? In fact I’d trade JP today for Sergachev!

I would. Assuming there was growth potential there. I'm not convinced we get that, our GM negotiates like an overly friendly dog that wants the treat in your hand.

JP for Faulk... idk. Ick.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
If the ship has sailed on Faulk, what about Parayko? If the Blues slow start continues, they may look to shake things up.

If Parayko is available i trade anything not named McDavid or Draisaitl.

Nuge+Bear+1st+Bensen for Parayko+Bozak?

Idk. Maybe you have to move Drai.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
If Parayko is available i trade anything not named McDavid or Draisaitl.

Nuge+Bear+1st+Bensen for Parayko+Bozak?

Idk. Maybe you have to move Drai.
I wouldn't empty the cupboards like that for Parayko. I think you might be overrating him a bit. Nuge + Bear should be enough to get it done.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
If the ship has sailed on Faulk, what about Parayko? If the Blues slow start continues, they may look to shake things up.

If they keep struggling they'll trade for a goalie. Parayko is so untouchable to them, especially considering they now have great center depth with ROR - Schenn - Bozak

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Watching the condors game @ SJ. The arena is empty. Like... empty..... maybe 40 people there. I've never seen anything like it. More people came to watch my peewee games.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If they keep struggling they'll trade for a goalie. Parayko is so untouchable to them, especially considering they now have great center depth with ROR - Schenn - Bozak
I'd think that unless a team has a spare starter, there won't be a St.Louis trade. For us, we can't know how things pan out, but if half way into the season both Koskinen and Talbot look great we might have trading options for teams looking for a goalie.

Today, I don't think anyone gives up their goalies while the season is young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad