Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Painted Yourself into a Corner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Those two thoughts are mutually exclusive. The team misses what a healthy Sekera brought 2 seasons ago. We're never going to see that Sekera again, hence why fans wanted him traded.

Yeah perhaps. Actually I agree butvtgen I'm in the camp of -
We never really had a true #1.

To me Sekera was a good#2. We should have had eyes EVERWHERE the minute he got injured the FIRST time.

Reactions: bucks_oil

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Any guesses what we do in goal for next season if Talbot doesn't rebound significantly? There's a few decent UFA's...I wish Russian's weren't such divas, would love to have Bobrovsky.

3cc6ab52-c9aa-4ae5-9c47-fa0b4fb7e99d.png

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Love how some of the people who now miss Sekera are some of the people who wanted him traded in the off season

There is a big difference in trading a player and bring back value then losing a player for nothing .

I don't think Sekera will ever be the defence man we saw in 2016/17 . I think it time to move on from him .

Next summer

Sekera for a bag of pucks . His cap space has the value here
Lucic 20% retained for VV . LA gets Lucic at a decent cap hit . We rid ourselves of his contract . VV signed at 4.8 for a few years to let Bouchard develop . So VV would replace Lucic dollar for dollar but you would be getting a better D then Sekera

Nurse Voynov
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Bear

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
There is a big difference in trading a player and bring back value then losing a player for nothing .

I don't think Sekera will ever be the defence man we saw in 2016/17 . I think it time to move on from him .

Next summer

Lucic 20% retained for VV . LA gets Lucic at a decent cap hit . We rid ourselves of his contract . VV signed at 4.8 for a few years to let Bouchard develop . So VV would replace Lucic dollar for dollar but you would be getting a better D then Sekera

Nurse Voynov
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Bear

Wishful thinking that LA is that dumb.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Any guesses what we do in goal for next season if Talbot doesn't rebound significantly? There's a few decent UFA's...I wish Russian's weren't such divas, would love to have Bobrovsky.

3cc6ab52-c9aa-4ae5-9c47-fa0b4fb7e99d.png

Would love Bobrovsky, but I don't think there's any reason why he'd sign here if he already doesn't want to sign in Columbus.

I think the Preds might move on from Rinne after this season as Saros is their goalie of the future. Id be happy with Rinne on a 2 or 3 year contract. Otherwise I wouldnt mind Varlamov as the next option if when puts together a solid season. Howard and Smith I assume will be re-signed if they have a good year. If they don't I wouldn't want them anyways.
If Lehner has a good season I can see him still being available if the Isles lure Bobrovsky and could be a good option too.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Next summer

Nurse Voynov
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Bear

Big no on Voynov.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Those two thoughts are mutually exclusive. The team misses what a healthy Sekera brought 2 seasons ago. We're never going to see that Sekera again, hence why fans wanted him traded.

He was healthy and played well at the worlds. The one legged version we saw last season was a guy who was rushed back way too quickly.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Looks like Shattenkirk might be health-scratched tonight. Maybe he needs a change of scenery already considering the rangers are rebuilding. I posted a few days ago about what is would take to get him, I suggested 2019 1st+ benning or sekera. Considering shattenkirk is possibly getting healthy scratched, would it even take a 1st round pick?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Looks like Shattenkirk might be health-scratched tonight. Maybe he needs a change of scenery already considering the rangers are rebuilding. I posted a few days ago about what is would take to get him, I suggested 2019 1st+ benning or sekera. Considering shattenkirk is possibly getting healthy scratched, would it even take a 1st round pick?

According to CapFriendly, he has a 10 year no-trade list. I expect that we're on it given that living near his home out East was a huge part of him signing with the Rangers. I think he might be a good cheap pickup for someone out there though.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Those lists can be changed? I guess devils and leafs might be looking for a puck moving rhd. 3 more years of a rebuild or a possible chance to win out west?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

The guy makes 6.650M and is a healthy scratch.
If Lucic wants to try out NYC lifestyle we might have a chance

Lucic (1M rtained)+Benning for Shattenkirk (1M retained) would work capwise since they are down to 1.5M of capspace and we got 0

They would be off the hook in 3 yrs while we will continue to retain the 1M for next 5 yrs.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Shattenkirk was East coast or bust when St. Louis considered moving him. It's doubtful that he'd consider Edmonton, but I guess beggars can't be choosers?

Reactions: Aerrol

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
Shattenkirk has a modified no trade where the player submits a list of 10 teams. I would be interested to know if he's willing to come to Edmonton.

If Shattenkirk wanted to be in Edmonton it would have happened for Taylor Hall. Seriously no one remembered why it fell through?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
If Shattenkirk wanted to be in Edmonton it would have happened for Taylor Hall. Seriously no one remembered why it fell through?
To be fair, circumstances change and he might be open to it if he continues to be a healthy scratch in New York.

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
To be fair, circumstances change and he might be open to it if he continues to be a healthy scratch in New York.
Fair enough but it's the location that drove him to New York. If I remember correctly he also turned down a Stanley Cup contending team in Tampa. It's warmer too and he nets more money in that state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad