Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Oilers in on Tkachev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
I'm honestly really curious if Davidson would automatically be the Vegas selection. Due to the nature of the 7/3 vs. 4/4 protection schemes, there's going to be a lot of decent-to-good defensemen exposed, whereas I'm thinking that the amount of reasonably good forwards exposed is going to be less. I honestly still think that a Pouliot would be attractive to them...

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm honestly really curious if Davidson would automatically be the Vegas selection. Due to the nature of the 7/3 vs. 4/4 protection schemes, there's going to be a lot of decent-to-good defensemen exposed, whereas I'm thinking that the amount of reasonably good forwards exposed is going to be less. I honestly still think that a Pouliot would be attractive to them...

There's no chance.

A 4 million dollar forward signed for 2 more seasons beyond this one and he's on pace for 15 points. The only way we're getting rid of Pouliot is via buy out in the summer. Otherwise he'll be here (or in the AHL) next year.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

It wouldn't be automatic but the chances are pretty good. And with both Griffin Reinhart and Jordan Oesterle losing their waiver ineligibility next season and Kris Russell potentially being re-signed, it makes even more sense to capitalize on his value today.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Davidson is the perfect trade chip. Assuming we don't fall apart by the deadline, we should be filling the glaring holes in the roster for a playoff run. I don't buy the sentiment that we should be happy just to make the playoffs, and not to trade assets yet.

Making Davidson available also opens options. Most teams selling good players at the deadline want a good warm body, and not just picks and prospects. He is a good young D with 2nd pairing potential. We will limit the damage of losing him by getting Nurse back off the IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad