Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
NHL should've made some exceptions to waivers for this season, particularly for the goalies. All its done is create a ring around the rosey pissing match on the waiver wire. All I see are these NHL covid commercials yet we've got players bouncing around North America cause Carolina and Jersey are joke organizations.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
You keep citing that Nashville article but that was from 8 months ago and in passing. More along the lines of "yea, I'd love to play there again if I could", than "I'm demanding a trade out of Edmonton"

The title of article (dated June 17, 2020) is "James Neal hints at Nashville return to close career". That is a bit more than "in passing". It's the focus of entire article. Here is a direct quote:

“That would be nice,” Neal said. “I’d love to finish [in Nashville]. I’ve got three years left [on a current contract] and I’m going to play as long as I can. It would definitely be cool to end my career and be able to come home would be awesome. You never know. Things change in a hurry."

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
We can only speculate without any hard facts.

....and yes I admit I'm speculating, but his status (arriving late to camp, in for only a couple for practices, and now not skating with the team) is pretty darn odd. Sounds like he's horrifically out of shape, has some undisclosed health issue, or both.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
....and yes I admit I'm speculating, but his status (arriving late to camp, in for only a couple for practices, and now not skating with the team) is pretty darn odd. Sounds like he's horrifically out of shape, has some undisclosed health issue, or both.

I heard he's actually still in Nashville and his out of shape twin brother took his place here.

Reactions: Oilhawks

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
T he Journal reported that Neal is no longer skating with the team and Tippett said" James Neal is on the protocol list and is not skating with the team currently". Neal took part in the final days of training camp and Tippett said he "was probably off the ice for close to a month and trying to get up to speed and moving in the right direction.” Nobody has explained any of this.

Given this info plus Neal's late arrival and comments in the Nashville media, something sure does not smell right. If he is not fully engaged in being 100% professional and giving 100% effort to this team, I'd give him a ticket to Bakersfield to let him get in shape and understand what a pampered life he leads.

He had covid

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Jones and Neal for Yandle
1st, KRussell for DeAngelo
Chiasson and Khaira for Hutton
Koskinen, Broberg for Kuemper

Nurse-DeAngelo
Yandle-Bear
Koekkoek-Barrie

Kuemper
Hutton
Skinner/Grosenick

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I’d trade Larsson for Yandle easily.

Yandle - Bear
Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Russell/Jones

Larsson was one of 3 defensemen who actually played well last night. Jones is dragging him down, I want to see how he'd look next to a guy like Koekkoek.

Yandle's a defensive liability. The fact that he can't make the Panthers' roster says enough imo.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
DeAngelo and Yandle aren't the solutions to our D-core.

Having guys who can transport the puck would be a big help, even if they aren't great themselves in their end. A lot of the team's struggles so far have resulted from the inability of Nurse/Bear/whoever to make a clean pass under pressure and this way they won't have to.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Larsson was one of 3 defensemen who actually played well last night. Jones is dragging him down, I want to see how he'd look next to a guy like Koekkoek.

Yandle's a defensive liability. The fact that he can't make the Panthers' roster says enough imo.
The Panthers are brutal in terms of personnel decisions. They’re taking calls on Barkov lol.

Larsson didn’t play well, he just wasn’t as bad as some of the others.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Having guys who can transport the puck would be a big help, even if they aren't great themselves in their end. A lot of the team's struggles so far have resulted from the inability of Nurse/Bear/whoever to make a clean pass under pressure and this way they won't have to.

I think our inability to leave the zone is also on the forwards. The wingers drift up to the blueline, forcing our D to give stretch passes that are inevitably intercepted. I'd like to see Tippet address that before we bring in defensive liabilities to fix it.

The Panthers are brutal in terms of personnel decisions. They’re taking calls on Barkov lol.

Larsson didn’t play well, he just wasn’t as bad as some of the others.

Unless I'm mistaken he wasn't on for a goal against. According to Natural Stat Trick, he didn't make a mistake on a grade A chance against all game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think our inability to leave the zone is also on the forwards. The wingers drift up to the blueline, forcing our D to give stretch passes that are inevitably intercepted. I'd like to see Tippet address that before we bring in defensive liabilities to fix it.

Unless I'm mistaken he wasn't on for a goal against. According to Natural Stat Trick, he didn't make a mistake on a grade A chance against all game.

Part of the reason Jones looks so bad is because he has to do all the puck moving on his pairing with Larsson. When I watch Jones I see someone who's trying way too hard and overplaying everything.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020

Tippett could stand to tweak the breakout, sure, but at the end of the day every team needs their top 3 D to have at least enough puckhandling ability to receive and make a simple tape-to-tape pass. We haven't seen that out of anyone this year but Barrie, save for one nice feed from Jones tonight that was right up the middle and created a good scoring chance late in the 1st (though it was mitigated by all the bad he did otherwise).

Nurse on numerous occasions has looked like he was handling a grenade with the pin pulled, and Bear had at least a couple passes that went right to Habs players. No system is going to fix that, and you get what happened after- a team that has zero faith in their d-men to move the puck up ice, so they try and do it themselves with predictably little success. Yandle and/or DeAngelo at least offer a useful dimension while sucking in their end. Nurse right now especially is giving us nothing coming or going.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Tippett could stand to tweak the breakout, sure, but at the end of the day every team needs their top 3 D to have at least enough puckhandling ability to receive and make a simple tape-to-tape pass. We haven't seen that out of anyone this year but Barrie, save for one nice feed from Jones tonight that was right up the middle (though it was mitigated by all the bad he did otherwise).

Nurse on numerous occasions has looked like he was handling a grenade with the pin pulled, and Bear had at least a couple passes that went to Habs players. No system is going to fix that, and you get what happened after- a team that has zero faith in their d-men to move the puck up ice, so they try and do it themselves with predictably little success. Yandle and/or DeAngelo at least offer a useful dimension while sucking in their end. Nurse right now especially is giving us nothing coming or going.

Bear used to be a lot more poised on the breakout, I'm scared that our system is killing that skill out of him.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Bear used to be a lot more poised on the breakout, I'm scared that our system is killing that skill out of him.

I know I’m going to get killed for saying this here but I think he needs a steadier partner. I’d try him with Koekkoek. Have Nurse with Barrie instead.

Edit: It’s a shame we never got to see Bear paired with a healthy Klefbom. I could see that being a reasonable top pair.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I will say that both Bear and Nurse looked better once they were separated in the third period. That pairing just doesn't work. Barrie forces Nurse to play more conservatively and that's the way he has to play because his aggression makes him really error prone.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
I will say that both Bear and Nurse looked better once they were separated in the third period. That pairing just doesn't work. Barrie forces Nurse to play more conservatively and that's the way he has to play because his aggression makes him really error prone.

I know I’m going to get killed for saying this here but I think he needs a steadier partner. I’d try him with Koekkoek. Have Nurse with Barrie instead.

Edit: It’s a shame we never got to see Bear paired with a healthy Klefbom. I could see that being a reasonable top pair.

I definitely agree with playing Nurse and Barrie together, they looked good in the third period.

Bouchard played the left side for a bit in the Allsvenskan, maybe we run something like:

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I definitely agree with playing Nurse and Barrie together, they looked good in the third period.

Bouchard played the left side for a bit in the Allsvenskan, maybe we run something like:

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson
Bouchard/Larsson would be a disaster imo. Bouchard needs someone who's defensively responsible and can skate. Kris Russell.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson

That’s exactly what I’d like to see for pairings and relative ice time. I think it has potential to be the best use of the D we currently have. Jones needs to simplify his game and Russell is reasonable to fill in for injury.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson
I’d rather dress Russell. I know people really want to get a look at Bouchard but the one thing Russell really does well in the nhl is the one thing we’re sorely lacking right now. Bouchard would probably be an upgrade on Jones though.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Bouchard/Larsson would be a disaster imo. Bouchard needs someone who's defensively responsible and can skate. Kris Russell.

I’d rather they try this then:

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bouchard
Russell - Bear

But I think sitting Larsson (or Bear for that matter) isn’t going to happen and they are definitely a part of the top 6 D on the team IMO

Hell now that I think of it maybe swap Bear and Bouchard:

Nurse - Barrie
Koekkoek- Bear
Russell - Bouchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad