Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Meh. Decent bet at “zero” cost. Better than a Peter Panic move.

Tells us a lot about how the organization views Skinner.

Skinner isn't ready. There is no better way to ruin a prospect than to throw them head first into the deep end of a situation that is way over their head. IMO Skinner still has time as a prospect, but he is not NHL ready yet and should only be used in an emergency.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Waiver wire probably a better bet than signing Howard or spending assets on washed up or unproven goalie. Wish Holland had done something different in hindsight though.

I would sign Howard anyway. Let him come in, see which of the 2 is better and then try to sneak the lesser of the two onto the taxi squad.

Reactions: Samus44

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
I believe that we are still looking at a long term solution in goal. That said a guy like Chiasson doesn't pull that unless you get lucky like the Erat for Forsberg deal. Does Washington have a good 3rd goalie?
1. Pheonix Copley
2. Zachary Fucale

I think Chaiss could get either one with a pick attached.

The Caps have waaay too many goalies.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I believe that we are still looking at a long term solution in goal. That said a guy like Chiasson doesn't pull that unless you get lucky like the Erat for Forsberg deal. Does Washington have a good 3rd goalie?
Vitek Vanecek played last night. Ilya Samsonov backed him up.

Craig Anderson was signed on the 13th. And then there's Pheonix Copley in their taxi squad.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1. Pheonix Copley
2. Zachary Fucale

I think Chaiss could get either one with a pick attached.

The Caps have waaay too many goalies.

Fucale is more of a ECHL starter/AHL backup right now, so I wonder if they want to keep Copley for the AHL starting job.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Skinner isn't ready. There is no better way to ruin a prospect than to throw them head first into the deep end of a situation that is way over their head. IMO Skinner still has time as a prospect, but he is not NHL ready yet and should only be used in an emergency.

they definitely don’t want to Bunz him, where he got shellacked so badly he never recovered

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Meh. Decent bet at “zero” cost. Better than a Peter Panic move.

Tells us a lot about how the organization views Skinner.

Not really. Skinner would have been a rookie pro last season if Chiarelli wasn't a moron. Chiarelli mismanaged him and turned him pro a season early, the same season as Wells and at the same time they had to sign Hawkey a guy they traded for, when he still could of returned to junior. What happened is the didn't sign Hawkey while a longshot but older Wells and Skinner got in each others way as they battled for time in the ECHL. The reason they turned him pro is because they really liked him and he was excellent in junior. Given his age it's possible he's still a real prospect and he just needs a chance to establish himself with a reasonable chance to succeed. It's not looking great but he was only 21 last year and many goalies take until they're 24 to really make it with good ones being in the ECHL, NCAA, or playing in pro European feeder leagues at the same age. Goalies are voodoo and he could certainly rebound with Mackenzie Blackwood being the comparable hope at this point. He was highly touted coming out of junior and he's got dealt a poor hand un until now and I think Holland knows it. It's fair to say Skinner is probably in a make or break year and I suspect the team just wants to give him a real chance to succeed because of it. It's about establishing a reasonable expectation for a goalie of his age and we all know he isn't Carter Hart or Carey Price as very few are.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Its a bit early to pay the piper but we may be in a bit of a bind.

Benson, Lavoie and their choice of Skinner or Konovalov

for

Adin Hill

That's insane. Adin Hill would be nice but let's not get crazy, he's no sure thing himself.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I just don't understand why we seemingly never kicked tires on Thomas Griess. And he goes to the f***ing Red Wings? Griess/Koskinen would have been a pretty great tandem

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just don't understand why we seemingly never kicked tires on Thomas Griess. And he goes to the f***ing Red Wings? Griess/Koskinen would have been a pretty great tandem

Pretty sure we did but he wanted too much money. I know we all complain about Smith, I would of preferred someone else but compared to the players, the majority of the goalies got paid considerably well. I mean Greiss got paid 3.6 mil a year.

Reactions: Faelko and ujju2

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Khaira already cleared and doesn't need to clear again. He can just be moved to the taxi squad now when necessary.

Do you know how long he is able to be moved up and down without waivers now? Can't seem to find that info

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Is it possible there is another goalie move coming?

to me it would make sense to sign someone like Howard for backup, have Grosenick go to Taxi Squad, and this allow Skinner and Rodrigues to play games outside of nhl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad