Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Kassian's Days Numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Even if Samorukov is a solid trending prospect, which he isn't, his absolute upside isn't something that's a glaring need for the Oilers moving forward. If he does break in to the NHL, it's as a bottom pairing defenseman, which can be found on the FA market rather easily.

I've mentioned Zacha before and think he fits the mold of the player we should be targeting. You give up Samorukov and Maksimov in that deal if it's available. But odds are neither prospect moves the dial for them.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
A huge dickish move is Maroon likely not being top of his game after they signed him up for millions. Like plenty of players they get complacent. Seen a ton of that on the Oilers. Especially last year.
My guess not a fact.

Considering the sweetheart deal Maroon signed for St.Louis should have no complaints

Reactions: ujju2

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Even if Samorukov is a solid trending prospect, which he isn't, his absolute upside isn't something that's a glaring need for the Oilers moving forward. If he does break in to the NHL, it's as a bottom pairing defenseman, which can be found on the FA market rather easily.

I've mentioned Zacha before and think he fits the mold of the player we should be targeting. You give up Samorukov and Maksimov in that deal if it's available. But odds are neither prospect moves the dial for them.
The Oilers need more players like Maksimov. Samorukov also seems poised to be an NHLer

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

How many LHD prospects do we have now? Jones and Samorukov? I’m sure we have more but when those are the two best it worries me. We have forwards trending much better then Maksimov at the moment.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The Oilers need more players like Maksimov. Samorukov also seems poised to be an NHLer

Yep a lot of poise in his game. I don’t see a lot of offensive upside but could see him being a good shutdown dman. A #4/5 guy isn’t out of the question. I don’t mind Zacha but he’s had IQ issues since junior. Better wingers on the market IMO

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I see nothing from Samorukov that screams NHLer. I could see him having a good KHL career though

I’d wait until the WJC before writing him off. See no reason to trade him right now considering our depth chart.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kapanen was a guy we should have overpaid for. Leafs didnt want to move him but his breakout was evident from the games I saw him play. Was just being marinated in the AHL.

Any players who fit the criteria of youmg, fast, skilled but arent playing due to lack of depth? Another guy is Kevin Fiala 2 seasons ago.

Maybe Vrana or Burkovsky? The latter has just 2 points in 15 games... could be a great buy-low target

Sprong could be that guy but it's almost impossible to know the value of a highly touted prospect that's too good for the AHL but hasn't really gotten a shot in the NHL. I'd offer a 2nd or even a prospect like Benson for him since Pittsburgh has a need on LW. I know some would hate a deal like that but the Oilers really need a pure goal scorer in the system, badly.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
My thoughts on a deal with TO.

To Edm: Nylander+Dermott

To Tor: Nurse+Kassian+Puljujarvi

And how are the Oilers paying Nylander? A lot of you guys with these Nylander and Stone proposals seem to forget that the Oilers have no cap space for the foreseeable future and sorry, nobody is taking the Lucic or Sekera contracts for free.

There is no big splash trade to be had. The Oilers are going to have to develop internally and stick with cheap options (Rattie, Chiasson, Gravel and Garrison types) as stopgaps until the youngsters are ready.

Reactions: mullet

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kapanen was a guy we should have overpaid for. Leafs didnt want to move him but his breakout was evident from the games I saw him play. Was just being marinated in the AHL.

Any players who fit the criteria of youmg, fast, skilled but arent playing due to lack of depth? Another guy is Kevin Fiala 2 seasons ago.

Maybe Vrana or Burkovsky? The latter has just 2 points in 15 games... could be a great buy-low target
Sprong/Burakovsky/Zacha/Zykov all come to mind immediately

Someone like Evgeny Svechnikov could be another

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And how are the Oilers paying Nylander? A lot of you guys with these Nylander and Stone proposals seem to forget that the Oilers have no cap space for the foreseeable future and sorry, nobody is taking the Lucic or Sekera contracts for free.

There is no big splash trade to be had. The Oilers are going to have to develop internally and stick with cheap options (Rattie, Chiasson, Gravel and Garrison types) as stopgaps until the youngsters are ready.
If he finds a way to move Sekera or Lucic we could possibly.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Sprong could be that guy but it's almost impossible to know the value of a highly touted prospect that's too good for the AHL but hasn't really gotten a shot in the NHL. I'd offer a 2nd or even a prospect like Benson for him since Pittsburgh has a need on LW. I know some would hate a deal like that but the Oilers really need a pure goal scorer in the system, badly.

Only sucky thing about Spring is he's NHL or bust no waiver eligibility.
For that reason I don't offer a 2nd or Benson.

I'd offer a 3rd + one of out bottom 6 guys. A 3rd + Kassian for example

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Only sucky thing about Spring is he's NHL or bust no waiver eligibility.
For that reason I don't offer a 2nd or Benson.

I'd offer a 3rd + one of out bottom 6 guys. A 3rd + Kassian for example

Err, that is a problem and should bring down his value a bit one would think. I know it's not a good idea to gift young players roster spots but I'd stick him on Drai's wing for a long while and see if it clicks, kid is a pure goal scorer. If it doesn't work out, oh well, but he'd the exact buy low option that Chia should be looking for.

Reactions: A91

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Yup you could be right for sure, but man do we need one of these guys to pan out in a top 6 role.
The guy I think will do that (outside of Yamo/Pulju) is Maximov. Sure it'll take him 2-3 more years but he has a laser of a wrister and a bomb of a slapper. Good smarts and wheels. He has legit 30-40 goal potential in him if he gets a healthy dose of Mcjesus time imo.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Err, that is a problem and should bring down his value a bit one would think. I know it's not a good idea to gift young players roster spots but I'd stick him on Drai's wing for a long while and see if it clicks, kid is a pure goal scorer. If it doesn't work out, oh well, but he'd the exact buy low option that Chia should be looking for.

With Pulju and Yammo down now would be the time to bring in a player like him. I`d be fine with a 3rd+ for him and stapling him to either the Draisaitl or McDavid line.

Reactions: 780il

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Maroon for Kassian
Free up RNH to be 3C
Roll 3 offensive lines

Maroon -McD-Rattie
Reider-Drai-Chaisson
Lucic-RNH-Caggiula
Strome-Brodz-Khaira

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How many LHD prospects do we have now? Jones and Samorukov? I’m sure we have more but when those are the two best it worries me. We have forwards trending much better then Maksimov at the moment.
We currently have two top four LHD under the age of 25. The depth isn't absolutely necessary today. I'm not sure why it'd even be a worry. Our current need for young NHL ready F depth is much higher than the need for longshot LHD prospect depth.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Time to revisit voyonov? Also I remember how people were dead set against bringing Hoffman in. He looks like he's doing pretty good in Florida. 7 goals and 14 pts right now. Woulda looked ok next to draistaitl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->