Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Hughes will be the consensus soon. He's destroying right now.

And just think how much fun it would be if Canucks fans had to put up with us having the best Hughes brother.

Lose for Hughes. Sour for Owen Power. I got nothing....for Brendt Clarke
Only way we will ever get a #1D

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Suck it Chia and MacT!!

OEL perhaps.

I was against adding OEL this summer but so far this year he has no looked great . Still the cost was high

1st = Holloway
Klefbom
Wouldn’t have signed Barrie
Maybe could have added Chiasson

Reactions: LTIR

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I was against adding OEL this summer but so far this year he has no looked great . Still the cost was high

1st = Holloway
Klefbom
Wouldn’t have signed Barrie
Maybe could have added Chiasson
That OEL had a very limited amount of teams he was willing to go to? Pretty sure Edmonton wasn't on that list.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is this a surprise? They decided to push talks to later.
They said before x-mas that the talks were going on hold and they'd revist at a later date. Seems both sides waiting on clarity of the flat salary cap era

North

Jun 25, 2009
They said before x-mas that the talks were going on hold and they'd revist at a later date. Seems both sides waiting on clarity of the flat salary cap era

Yeah so I’m not sure why Mr 31 Thoughts is making a big deal about it.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
In typical Oiler fashion it's going to turn out that replacing AA with Turris/JP/Barrie/Kahun and Ennis was the wrong move and we should have re-signed him with all that money.

And everyone and their dog will tell us how obvious that was an how stupid the Oilers are.

Again.
'yah, but it wasn't obvious, and its not obvious, its only 4 games into the season. Neal scored like 15 goals in October last year and then went cold for the rest of the year, Tampa had a terrible start last year and looked bad, and won the cup. Its not good to get too low and too high at the start of the season ANYTHING can happen. Hell, one year we LEAD our division at xmas and didn't make the playoffs. ( I forget which year, but it was a while ago) Its a marathon, not a race.

Reactions: Samus44

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
'yah, but it wasn't obvious, and its not obvious, its only 4 games into the season. Neal scored like 15 goals in October last year and then went cold for the rest of the year, Tampa had a terrible start last year and looked bad, and won the cup. Its not good to get too low and too high at the start of the season ANYTHING can happen. Hell, one year we LEAD our division at xmas and didn't make the playoffs. ( I forget which year, but it was a while ago) Its a marathon, not a race.

2006-07 I believe. We expected to suck after the exodus, but the team did well to start, and got in to a tie for first in the division by Xmas then completely fell apart going 14-28-5 from there (granted most of that was the gigantic losing streak after the Smyth trade).

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
2006-07 I believe. We expected to suck after the exodus, but the team did well to start, and got in to a tie for first in the division by Xmas then completely fell apart going 14-28-5 from there (granted most of that was the gigantic losing streak after the Smyth trade).
my favourite stat for that year is Ryan Smyth leading the team in goals with 31 and getting 53 points in 53 games. Talk about ripping the heart out of the team. That trade set us up for the decade plus of struggle and ineptness that haunts us today.

Reactions: MessierII

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'd go after Roslovic. That would allow us to more easily play Turris in the top 6.

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-McDavid-Turris
Ennis-Roslovic-Puljujarvi
Archibald-McLeod-Kassian
I'd trade Jones for Roslovic. I think we lose Jones to the draft anyway

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'd trade Jones for Roslovic. I think we lose Jones to the draft anyway

Maybe get them to throw in a pick but yeah I'd do that. Lagesson can take Jones's spot pretty easily imo, and then we should have Broberg, Bouchard, and Samorukov coming up in the next couple years.

Ryan Poehling in Montreal is another I'd be interested, might be a bargain considering he's on their taxi squad.

Reactions: Canovin

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah so I’m not sure why Mr 31 Thoughts is making a big deal about it.
I just assume he's looking at big name UFA's and providing an update. Not sure the update we got in Edmonton really went anywhere other than Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad