Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Goodbye Brassard, Hello _______?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No chance Holland trades a first especially for Faulk.
Holland has shown he likes conditional picks, so I could see a conditional 1st.

It would have to be top 10 protected as well, and also likely not for the coming draft since he could re-sign after then.

Ultimately it depends how badly he wants to make the playoffs. We could make it as we are, but everyone around us is improving and we are keeping our flaws. A rookie can't lead the D's offense. It works much better if you have Faulk + a rookie like Bouchard. Without Faulk, I wouldn't want Bouchard near this team.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Holland has shown he likes conditional picks, so I could see a conditional 1st.

It would have to be top 10 protected as well, and also likely not for the coming draft since he could re-sign after then.

Ultimately it depends how badly he wants to make the playoffs. We could make it as we are, but everyone around us is improving and we are keeping our flaws. A rookie can't lead the D's offense. It works much better if you have Faulk + a rookie like Bouchard. Without Faulk, I wouldn't want Bouchard near this team.
He's not trading a first on someone without term especially someone going to UFA. We have our right D set. May take some time but we have no need for Faulk. Spend the money on top 6 forwards.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
He's not trading a first on someone without term especially someone going to UFA. We have our right D set. May take some time but we have no need for Faulk. Spend the money on top 6 forwards.
The right side is set?

Bouchard? Bear? Benning?

If that's set, the team is f***ed.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I mean the condition as him re-signing, so it wouldn't be a 1st for a rental, and besides, teams trade 1sts for rentals all the time.

Ultimately, I have to ask why we wouldn't be at the very top of the list of teams that would get Faulk. Why does every other team in this league have offensive Dmen and it's okay for us to have none for this long? It's not okay, and a rookie will drown in the job.

There are some reasons I might accept to why we wouldn't get him. He has a NTC. It's been said by insiders before that he'd waive for here, but we don't know. Also, maybe Carolina wants to take back zero cap and would lose value to do so. Even there, we could find a way to do that for them if we really wanted to.

It is a bit demoralizing when it seems likely that Anaheim will trade for him, yet again getting lots of OFD for their team, and getting back in the playoffs, while we stay still again, making decisions that will only pay off 2-4 years from now.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I don't mind the idea of going after Faulk. Even if he's here for only a year. he still gives you a quality bridge until Bouchard, Bear, or Persson can step into the role.

However at the moment I do also like the bargain bin method of targeting Stone on a PTO. I wouldn't expect him to make the team, but you at least get a replacement level barometer to measure where Persson, Bear, Bouchard are at.

At this point I'm preferring the option to give the kids a chance and play. This team has been terrified to break in any new youth into prominent position over the last two seasons (4th line minutes for guys like Gambardella or Russell, or injury call ups for Jones or Bear notwithstanding). I think you're nearing a point where they've done what's been asked of them throughout their development paths, and have earned the shot.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Isn’t this years draft supposed to be stacked? I wouldn’t be moving a 1st right now whenit looks like Mcdavid might be missing the first 10-20 games of the season. I know some people want to rush things but we’re better off building a solid base around Mcdavid/Draisaitl before we start trading any 1st round picks or high end prospects for rentals.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Reminds me of Eichel.

Exactly.

I remember watching Sittler and the gang so I really don't dislike the Leafs. I do think they should trade him to an American team that needs a face. Like Columbus. He would sell tickets there. Something around Jones.

He completely undermines Babcocks influence with other players. How do you get a team to buy in when the guy getting paid as much as McDavid and signed a get out of town 5 year deal talks bad behind the coaches back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->