Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Goodbye Brassard, Hello _______?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Should seriously try to target Vanek.

The forward group needs to be upgraded past "shut down 97 and 29 and we win" and it's still not even close to getting past that

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The blow back from fans are why the chia interview by Wild didn't go anywhere. Any trades the GM makes, team owner has to approve, so that means it won't happen unless their is an overpayment.

This part from last thread made me LOL. So the wild fans WANTED Chiarelli? And if your owner is running the team, he might as well be GM. Because that shows how much trust he has in that position. I highly doubt Bill Guerin would have accepted that position if he didnt have some say in the decisions. What a joke if this is what Wild fans think.

Edmoiler13

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Sheahan wouldn’t be a bad bottom six player. Decent on the draw and PK. History with Holland would probably lead to a discount.

Others I’d consider for cheap is Maroon, Vanek, and Hutton if we trade out a defender for a forward

Reactions: joestevens29

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
With how weak this team is on lw Maroon and Vanek would both be good options.

That would free up Draisaitl to play on the right or center his own line which both seem like better options to me.

The pipe dream would be moving Russell and signing Gardiner to a one year or short term deal.

I'd also take Russell out and Hutton in on a 1 year deal then you can get creative and try to pick up someone for cheap from a team that still has players to sign and needs cap room like the Flames or Rangers.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Sheahan wouldn’t be a bad bottom six player. Decent on the draw and PK. History with Holland would probably lead to a discount.

Others I’d consider for cheap is Maroon, Vanek, and Hutton if we trade out a defender for a forward

I can't imagine Sheahan requires a discount. If Brassard is at 1.2 Sheahan seems like a PTO and league minimum kind of guy.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Thornton would be a good add . Unlikely he signs here but if he did

Draisaitl Mcdavid Kassian
Benson RNH Neal
Granlund JT Chiasson
Khaira Haas Archibald

Brodzaik can sit his ass on the bench in the AHL ..... as per Garfield

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If only we could get Gardiner. He was picked out as a contract his next team would regret but maybe his ask will come down the longer this drags on.

I feel like players like Brassard and Gardiner became scapegoated a bit and are better than a lot of fans say.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Thornton would be a good add . Unlikely he signs here but if he did

Draisaitl Mcdavid Kassian
Benson RNH Neal
Granlund JT Chiasson
Khaira Haas Archibald

Brodzaik can sit his ass on the bench in the AHL ..... as per Garfield
He would be great for a number of reasons, but I don't see a world where he signs in Edmonton, maybe atleast before the start of the season MAYBE.

I don't mind your roster, I see it more like

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Jurco/Nygard- Nuge - Neal
Nygard/Jurco - Granlund/Khaira - Chiasson/Gagner
Khaira/Cave - Haas/Cave - Archibald
Cave, Brodziak

If there's too many forwards, Brodziak to the AHL.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
He would be great for a number of reasons, but I don't see a world where he signs in Edmonton, maybe atleast before the start of the season MAYBE.

I don't mind your roster, I see it more like

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Jurco/Nygard- Nuge - Neal
Nygard/Jurco - Granlund/Khaira - Chiasson/Gagner
Khaira/Cave - Haas/Cave - Archibald
Cave, Brodziak

If there's too many forwards, Brodziak to the AHL.

Brodziak likely wouldn't report to AHL, since reports suggest he came back here to be around family. But he could come up with a career ending hang nail injury.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Brodziak likely wouldn't report to AHL, since reports suggest he came back here to be around family. But he could come up with a career ending hang nail injury.
I mean I don't hate him as a 13th forward, but he'll have to have a pretty significant camp to put in that spot, honestly.

Reactions: bone

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Of that list, Gardiner is my favourite target. Yes, the forward depth is a less than ideal, but this team still has McDavid and Draisaitl to cover that. When you look at go-to OFD on this team, they're probably bottom of the league.

I like Nurse and Klefbom, especially as minute eaters 5v5, however going around the league and near every team has at least one defender (several with two) I would prefer to have on the ice in offensive situations vs. them.

ANA: Fowler
ARI: OEL
BOS: Krug
BUF: Risto, Dahlin, Montour
CAL: Gio, Brodie
CAR: Hamilton, Faulk,
CHI: Keith
COL: Makar
CLB: Jones
DAL: Klingberg
DET: Green
FLA: Yandle
LA: Doughty
MINN: Suter, Dumba, Spurgeon
MTL: Weber
NASH: Josi, Ellis
NJ: Subban
NYI: Leddy
NYR: ____ (though Deangelo and Fox are interesting)
OTT: Chabot
PHI: Gostisbehere
PITT: Letang
SJ: Burns, Karlsson
St.L: Pietranglo
TB: Hedman, Serg, McDonough
TOR: Reilly, Barrie
VAN: _____ (Hughes?)
VGK: Theodore
WASH: Carlson
WINN: Buff

This is one of the reasons why this teams bottom 6 struggles to score, they have some of the worst support offensively from the blueline. You address that issue, and the bottom 6 will inherently score more.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think the amount of big name RFA’s still available is interesting as well. Could see some movement come September. I think Justin Williams would be a good add for one year.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think the amount of big name RFA’s still available is interesting as well. Could see some movement come September. I think Justin Williams would be a good add for one year.
He would be great, there's No way he leaves Carolina, he'll retire first, I would suspect.

As it relates to the RFAs, I suspect we'll a lot 1 and 2 year deals soon for those guys.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I understand he has a back issue. Stauffer hinting he is done and may ride the season out on LTIR.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

With the RFAs, it all boils down to first Draisaitls contract, and more specifically Aho's contract. Most of the big one's holding out have better stats to this point than Drai had or similar to what Aho currently has, so they all are confident they deserve a minimum of $8.5M, and its hard to discount that belief.

Then you have Marner look at his own team which he led in scoring the past two years, while also having the most points overall on the team over the last three years, yet he somehow deserves to be only the third highest paid of the group.

These negotiations are going to take some time still.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Seems to me we have enough players now. Marody and Benson could also force themselves onto the team. Look to add a player if need be when other teams do their final roster trimming.

Reactions: harpoon

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
This part from last thread made me LOL. So the wild fans WANTED Chiarelli? And if your owner is running the team, he might as well be GM. Because that shows how much trust he has in that position. I highly doubt Bill Guerin would have accepted that position if he didnt have some say in the decisions. What a joke if this is what Wild fans think.

Literally any trades made by Fenton had to be approved. What part don't you get? The owner wants a championship & bill guerin was hired because he feel same way. The owner had taken certain players such as Parise, Spurgeon, Kaprizov (who is untouchable) Dumba off the table. Fact, Russo reported this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->