Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Free Agency Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I would love Markov, but the price for him is way too high.
Usually Rishaug would mention the Oilers are done for the day if we were done so.. who knows?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'm most scared of the Flames. Really like what they've done with their defence:

Giordano-Hamonic
Brodie-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Stone

Pretty damn solid d

Any other rumors out there as to who the Oilers are looking at? Lots of names already gone, but still some big names left.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
I would like Jagr or something like that i just feel we could use one guy added to the mix in case pool party is not quite ready

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Am I the only one who would be all for letting a team offersheet Draisaitl for the 4 1st rounders compensation? With those picks you could definitely grab a TRUE #1 defenceman, shed a bit more salary in a trade for him. Then sign a Marleau/Vanek, and still have picks to acquire another good centreman.

Downgrading on Draisaitl down the middle, replacing him with RNH and another C option, adding a #1 defenceman and having cap space to add a Marleau/Vanek. Pretty sure that makes us a way better team?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jagr could really benefit bigger bodied guys like Drai and Puljujarvi with his experience and playing with/practicing against him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm most scared of the Flames. Really like what they've done with their defence:

Giordano-Hamonic
Brodie-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Stone

Pretty damn solid d

Any other rumors out there as to who the Oilers are looking at? Lots of names already gone, but still some big names left.

The Oilers aren't doing anything until McDavid and Draisatl are signed, and since neither has signed yet...

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Am I the only one who would be all for letting a team offersheet Draisaitl for the 4 1st rounders compensation? With those picks you could definitely grab a TRUE #1 defenceman, shed a bit more salary in a trade for him. Then sign a Marleau/Vanek, and still have picks to acquire another good centreman.

Downgrading on Draisaitl down the middle, replacing him with RNH and another C option, adding a #1 defenceman and having cap space to add a Marleau/Vanek. Pretty sure that makes us a way better team?

those picks all end up being late 1sts.... so no

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

Giordano-Hamonic
Brodie-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Stone

Pretty damn solid d

Better be solid D because their goalie is a flaky sieve.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Most of the deals that have been signed today are pretty gross (aside from Vrbata and Williams, who apparently has had enough with winning championships).

Actually kind of glad Chia has sat this one out (I wasn't expecting Thornton or Marleau based on their history with Todd McL).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It was a tweet back from 2016, so I'm unsure when he exactly liked it. But hey, he still has it liked out of 26 liked tweets in total. Talk about a tease.

Ah, I thought that there might be a date/time stamp on when he liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad