Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: FA Courting Period, I Wanna Court You Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
With our 7 dmen set what significant upgrades can we even make at this point? It's looking like we're going to go in to next season with a worse team and it's highly unlikely we get the same luck with injuries as we did last year. Tons of dmen were/are available and Chia just sat on his hands.

This season is McDavid's last ELC year and we aren't even going to try and win the cup? I seriously don't understand what Chiarelli is doing this summer. Unbelievable.

I don't understand either, since Summer started 6 days ago. How about we save these complaints for October. You know, when they make sense.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
If Hamonic is this great defenseman on a sweetheart deal then why did the Islanders trade him and therefore make their team weaker? I thought they were trying to keep Tavares happy?

Is Snow that bad of a GM or has Hamonic's injuries caught up with him thus causing Snow to bail?

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
I don't understand either, since Summer started 6 days ago. How about we save these complaints for October. You know, when they make sense.

What meaningful upgrades can we make at this point? Our top 7 is set and I doubt we'll be able to make a big forward signing.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I like the idea of Thornton a whole lot more than adding Marleau. The verbal on Marleau coming from the Sharks board leading into the playoffs wasn't good, and the overall sense seemed to be that he was an absolute anchor on every line they put him on last year. He's also a LW, which is pretty much the only position that we have any depth in. Whereas Thornton allows us to still have great depth at C while simultaneously solving the issue of depth on RW too. It also gives us the big center that we miss out on by playing Draisaitl on the wing.

Maroon - McDavid - Draisaitl
Lucic - Thornton - Strome
Caggiula - Nuge - Puljujarvi
Pouliot - Letestu - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
UFA/Trade - Benning
Gryba
I actually really like the looks of that, and it definitely gives us a lot of roster flexibility. If a guy like Thornton, Nuge or even McDavid got hurt, we have Strome and Draisaitl who could step in. There's a lot of "mix-and-match" potential as well which I like. If not Thornton, Bonino would look great in that spot too.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Boos in oil country, Spencer. Not Foos.

I. Hate. Calgary.

Fact that he had a choice of Canadian city and turned his back on his hometown for number 1 rival is rather annoying.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Boos in oil country, Spencer. Not Foos.

I. Hate. Calgary.

Fact that he had a choice of Canadian city and turned his back on his hometown for number 1 rival is rather annoying.

Fact is he saw Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Kassian, and Strome as RW's and decided he'd rather compete with Calgary's poor excuses of wingers.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Chiarelli would be an absolute fool if he thinks this current roster is good without any other added players.

Any roster with McDavid on it is going to be "good". Problem for me is it's not a Championship caliber team.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010

Chiarelli would be an absolute fool if he thinks this current roster is good without any other added players.

Chiarelli should be fired. Completely ridiculous that our roster is worse than last year. We're one key injury away from missing the playoffs.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
What meaningful upgrades can we make at this point? Our top 7 is set and I doubt we'll be able to make a big forward signing.

If we take a step back in Connor's last ELC season, it will be immensely disappointing. On that we can agree.

As for the 'other' stuff I"m reading in this thread, I don't know how any of it can be determined on June 27th. Yes, I understand what things 'look like' from our perspective, but I"m not in the least bit upset by it at this stage.

Good GM or bad GM, PC isn't ********. I have every confidence that something will give. If not, and it's October, and Klefa gets hurt and Gryba is in the top 4, then I"ll get upset.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
If we take a step back in Connor's last ELC season, it will be immensely disappointing. On that we can agree.

As for the 'other' stuff I"m reading in this thread, I don't know how any of it can be determined on June 27th. Yes, I understand what things 'look like' from our perspective, but I"m not in the least bit upset by it at this stage.

Good GM or bad GM, PC isn't ********. I have every confidence that something will give. If not, and it's October, and Klefa gets hurt and Gryba is in the top 4, then I"ll get upset.

Take a look at the Rishaug tweet posted above. The roster is pretty much set.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We don't have that much cap room. I think Chia is more preoccupied getting bent over by Draisaitl's agent probably more than anything that he's not really looking at the UFA market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->