Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Defense Set, or Another Addition In the Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Katz’s fortunes are basically split into three buckets: real estate/property development (condos and office buildings via ONE mostly), the Oilers, and a brief but unsuccessful try at Hollywood film financing. Given demand is down for condos and offices, the Oilers cannot have fans, and Joel Silver wasted a bunch of money on private chefs and assistants before walking away from his own company, I can see why/how he’d be feeling the pinch right now.

That would be a fun way to end the year. A little ownership crisis anyone?

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Wow - we're almost on the 2nd page with this thread. I guess it's the typical 'summer post-draft' lull period where most GM's are not doing much. Are their any active rumors out there?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Katz’s fortunes are basically split into three buckets: real estate/property development (condos and office buildings via ONE mostly), the Oilers, and a brief but unsuccessful try at Hollywood film financing. Given demand is down for condos and offices, the Oilers cannot have fans, and Joel Silver wasted a bunch of money on private chefs and assistants before walking away from his own company, I can see why/how he’d be feeling the pinch right now.

Are you telling me LifeZette isn't basically a license to print greenbacks?

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I'd sure love to find a way to entice a big defenseman with over fifteen hundred regular season games played and a bonus 195 playoff appearances to sign a one year deal to solidify the club. The Oilers stand to be relatively competitive in an all Canadian division but realistically how do they stack up against the Avalanche or Golden Knights?

Priority number one is a veteran defenseman that can settle things down and eliminate anxiousness when the games become more and more crucial. Someone who brings character and soul along with the promise of pain to those who would dare stand in the way of Oiler domination.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Wow - we're almost on the 2nd page with this thread. I guess it's the typical 'summer post-draft' lull period where most GM's are not doing much. Are their any active rumors out there?

It should pick up once they announce the start date of camp.

Then Tampa is going to have some work to do to get cap compliant and the Islanders will need to make a move to sign Barzal.

I don't know who else needs to make significant moves.

I imagine the Oilers are down to just signing Bear which shouldn't be overly complicated.

I wonder what's happening with the prospects/AHL. Do they finish their seasons overseas or come back for camp/AHL?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Man... I wonder where athanasiou ends up. He may end up getting league min at this point.

Can u imagine .
He listened to his agent too much. Agent was probably looking at 4-5 years at 4mil a year. Now he will be lucky to get a million.
In saying that, I would still like to get him to resign here . I wanna see those wheels with a player like Archibald and another fast player for 4th line duties. You need a good 3rd and 4th line to win these days

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Can u imagine .
He listened to his agent too much. Agent was probably looking at 4-5 years at 4mil a year. Now he will be lucky to get a million.
In saying that, I would still like to get him to resign here . I wanna see those wheels with a player like Archibald and another fast player for 4th line duties. You need a good 3rd and 4th line to win these days

I wanted us to resign him but the rumored offer he turned down allowed us to sign Kahun and Turris. I’d take those 2 over AA anytime.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wanted us to resign him but the rumored offer he turned down allowed us to sign Kahun and Turris. I’d take those 2 over AA anytime.
when you add it all, I think the cap stagnation ended up as a net positive for us. Yes we have less space, but it allowed us to sign Barrie for less, and of course Kahun and Turris probably wouldn't have even been available to us. It's possible we saved a bit on Smith (he is making a lot less than last year). And of course Bear will likely be signed for less than he would have. And of course we would have likely qualified AA to give him another shot and continue building chemistry. He has an enticing skillset that maybe needs coaching.

But yeah, basically all that would have to happen to make it all worth it would be for Kahun to be better than AA, and I think we got a lot more. And of course, possibly the cap hurt some other teams quite a bit.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I imagine there's quite a few players that took their agents advice and didn't take a slightly lesser deal with their existing teams that will be looking to fire their agents for poor advice. If rumors about what AA turned down are true he may end up making only a quarter of what was offered in the first place.

Maybe he wanted out at all costs, but I can't imagine the short stay was enough to turn him off of the potential to play with McDavid or Drai.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I agree 100%. Im happy with those 2 signings. I just mean I would still take him at a bargain price and play with Arch
Just throwing this out there
Nuge - McDavid - Puju (possibly)
Kahun - Drai - Yama
Ennis - Turris - Neal
Arch - Anthan - Kassian
I realize I left out a few names. Its finally good to see we have some battles shaping up for some positions. 4th line could cause some problems for many teams with the speed and hitting. I didnt see Anthan hit very much but he does have wheels

I just seen our cap for next year and 3.8 is coming off the books for buyouts so that is good news. I can see Holland setting us up big for a Dman or 2

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
We finally made the front-page of sportsnet!

mcdavid.jpg

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Man, AA has to be kicking himself. Could have had 2+ million or whatever it was
Seems like at this point he will end up playing over in Russia or something , will any NHL team even offer him a league minimum ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad