Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Any More Moves Before Preseason?

Any Moves Other Than a Possible Puljujarvi Trade?/Per Laraque, Brassard on His Way to E-Town!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nurse and Gagner for Spurgeon +

Puljujarvi and the +'s from Minny for Kreider

Does that fit under the cap? Might have to dump Manning with a pick to get under.

Sanity says no to the first deal.

The Rangers laugh hysterically and say no to the second deal.

Chicago tried to dump Manning for the entire year before Chiarelli went brain dead. Nobody is that stupid to take him again at that cap hit.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Honestly, unless Larsson finds a way to not play like a 3rd pairing defender and Klefbom stays healthy, the Oil's D is doomed.

This is why I was p***ed they bought out Reggie (and are taking the extra cap hit on top).

Nurse - bad Larsson
Russell - Benning
Rookie - Rookie

Barf. And that's with the other three staying healthy.

Also, Brassard would have been a good signing, and you can definitely put it on Holland that he didn't chase him earlier. It's middle of August. Maybe his asking price didn't come down until now, but this is the chance you take when you play the waiting game with FAs.

If one of the Oil's top 6 goes down, Brassard is a decent stop gap. There is literally no other Oiler forward you can say that about right now.

Pair Larsson with Klefbom and he’ll be fine. Russell should be paired with Nurse since everyone doesn’t like Russell anyways. No sense dragging anyone else’s value down by putting them on that pairing

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
there more I think about it the less I think the oilers are looking to add any more players till camp opens up

we have added a few new players and by adding more we may find ourselves trying to figure out where to dump them later

we have added

Neal (for Lucic) or course
Grandland
Archibald
Nygard
Jurco
Haas

unless a trade happens our lines could look like

Leon-McDAvid-Chaisson
Grandland-Nuge-Neal
Nygard-Haas-Gagner
Khaira-Brodziuk-Kassian

the whole rw is slidable where it will be who is the hottest will find themselves with McDavid and Leon

btw

has anyone heard whether or not Haas and Nygard have a return to Europe clause if they do no make the oilers? Someone on this side of the pond is suggesting it

Reactions: thadd

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
there more I think about it the less I think the oilers are looking to add any more players till camp opens up

we have added a few new players and by adding more we may find ourselves trying to figure out where to dump them later

we have added

Grandland
Archibald
Nygard
Jurco
Haas

Leon-McDAvid-Chaisson
Grandland-Nuge-Neal
Nygard-Haas-Gagner
Khaira-Brodziuk-Kassian

the whole rw is slidable where it will be who is the hottest will find themselves with McDavid and Leon

btw

has anyone heard whether or not Haas and Nygard have a return to Europe clause if they do no make the oilers? Someone on this side of the pond is suggesting it

If I remember correctly Haas’ contract with his Swiss league is NHL out clause only - meaning if he gets sent down he’s obligated to return to Switzerland. Could be wrong but I recall seeing that somewhere.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Haas just might be the 3rd line centre this team needs. Cheap, defensively responsible (by all reports) and has the wheels to lead a rush and still get back on D.
Not sure about his faceoffs though.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Nurse and Gagner for Spurgeon +

Puljujarvi and the +'s from Minny for Kreider

Does that fit under the cap? Might have to dump Manning with a pick to get under.

Edmonton fans actually think Spurgeon is getting traded & if he is, it won't be for this joke. By the way, bill guerin is under strict orders by the owner not to trade Spurgeon, parise, suter, Kaprizov, so yeah essentially why Fenton was fired is because of wanting to trade parise & the mess he created.

Also bill guerin will lose his job so fast because of it

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Sanity says no to the first deal.

The Rangers laugh hysterically and say no to the second deal.

Chicago tried to dump Manning for the entire year before Chiarelli went brain dead. Nobody is that stupid to take him again at that cap hit.

I actually wonder if Chia was brain dead for the Manning deal or if he was intentionally sabotaging the team at that point and it was a move to give the rest of the team the middle finger.

He already checked out AFAIK from Edmonton (mentally and physically)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

we have added

Grandland
Archibald
Nygard
Jurco
Haas

Leon-McDAvid-Chaisson
Grandland-Nuge-Neal
Nygard-Haas-Gagner
Khaira-Brodziuk-Kassian

btw

One of them has a hand shake agreement I believe. Something around they'll go to the ahl but not for long

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I would love to have Spurgeon on this team.
Not sure what the price is for 1 year of him or ~25 games of him at deadline, but he'd look mighty good in hometown silks.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Edmonton fans actually think Spurgeon is getting traded & if he is, it won't be for this joke. By the way, bill guerin is under strict orders by the owner not to trade Spurgeon, parise, suter, Kaprizov, so yeah essentially why Fenton was fired is because of wanting to trade parise & the mess he created.

That trade would be a huge win for Minnesota.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
That trade would be a huge win for Minnesota.
No actually it wouldn't. Sam gagner? Really laughable. Nurse is the only positive but wild would ask for more.

The blow back from fans are why the chia interview by Wild didn't go anywhere. Any trades the GM makes, team owner has to approve, so that means it won't happen unless their is an overpayment.

The Wild owner knows Minnesota fans & he saw the consequences of what was put on ice last year. The wild beat writer actually reported this, that ownership is very aware of blowback from fans & such GM's decisions were made accordingly & any trades made by GM will require ownership approval

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If I remember correctly Haas’ contract with his Swiss league is NHL out clause only - meaning if he gets sent down he’s obligated to return to Switzerland. Could be wrong but I recall seeing that somewhere.
"My agent has stipulated that if I crossed the Atlantic, it was out of the question that I spend the season in the AHL," Haas tells the Journal du Jura. "If it is necessary to get used to the play over there, it is clear that I will go down for one or two weeks. But if this stay were to continue, a solution would be found for me to return to SC Bern."
Gaëtan Haas will not play an entire season in the AHL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Nurse has more value than a rental Spurgeon does, don’t kid yourself.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No actually it wouldn't. Sam gagner? Really laughable. Nurse is the only positive but wild would ask for more.

The blow back from fans are why the chia interview by Wild didn't go anywhere. Any trades the GM makes, team owner has to approve, so that means it won't happen unless their is an overpayment.

The Wild owner knows Minnesota fans & he saw the consequences of what was put on ice last year. The wild beat writer actually reported this, that ownership is very aware of blowback from fans & such GM's decisions were made accordingly & any trades made by GM will require ownership approval
Lol “nurse is the only positive” that’s a pretty big positive buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->