Rumored:NHL 94 Rewind

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Surprised no one spoted this.

NHL Rewind 94 Leaked On Ratings Site

So this leads to the question of what is NHL 94 Rewind if this is real.

The first guess is that with the current NHL series owning rights to some of the legends of the 90s in recent games, that we would have have guys like Gretzky, Mario, Roenick, Hull, and many more return. Sadly if a legend wasn't in NHL 20, unless they were to return for NHL 21, would probably be taken out of the game. So if your a fan of Bondra, Hunter, Mogilny, Verbeek, Ciccarelli, etc, then you are out of luck. Their names will be wiped out, with only their number.

The other guess is a real 94 style game with a current roster. We saw NHL 94 mode on NHL14, but it wasn't the same. There have been people who have gone in edit the roster. There is no reason EA can't either.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It could also be a number of other things such as a mobile game, as there aren't many hockey titles available at the moment.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I so want to be able to play a streamlined, fun hockey game.

The level of precision needed to play the current games, along with the fact that they don't play like real hockey just puts me off playing NHL these days.

I just want a fun semi-realistic game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Two burning questions: does it have online play and can this be bought separately?

I really don't want to buy 21 but if this shit has online play attached I might have to bite...smh. if not, I literally have the original 94 on my SNES classic and its basically the same damn thing just without updated rosters and teams.

I expect the laziest possible from EA so this will probably just be a lazy ass throw in. Wouldn't even surprise me if EA stole all the work from the nhl 94 modding community and passed it off as their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The way the tweet is worded, it does sound like this might be available separately, but i’m holding off until it’s confirmed.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Two burning questions: does it have online play and can this be bought separately?

I really don't want to buy 21 but if this shit has online play attached I might have to bite...smh. if not, I literally have the original 94 on my SNES classic and its basically the same damn thing just without updated rosters and teams.

I expect the laziest possible from EA so this will probably just be a lazy ass throw in. Wouldn't even surprise me if EA stole all the work from the nhl 94 modding community and passed it off as their own.

Miserable.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
NHL 94 is from way before I was born so I don't have the same nostalgia for it, but I'm curious to play hopefully it's still new in some ways. Like if they add some new cutscenes and stuff

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
NHL 94 is from way before I was born so I don't have the same nostalgia for it, but I'm curious to play hopefully it's still new in some ways. Like if they add some new cutscenes and stuff

You'd love the old cutscenes where after a lengthy scramble of excellent coast to coast hockey someone scores with a slapshot from their own blueline.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The Tweet is cryptic. Is it hinting that this is a bonus for those who pre-order or just using NHL 94 mode to drive more pre-orders?

EDIT: After visiting the EA site I am left with the impression this is an add-on for those that pre-order and will not be available afterward. Which would be nuts. They would be crazy to not make this readily available. It would have a market unto it's own.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Desperation move to drive up NHL 21 sales. I strongly get the impression this year they're concerned about sales dropping off.

It's also precisely why they won't implement roster sharing.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
The Tweet is cryptic. Is it hinting that this is a bonus for those who pre-order or just using NHL 94 mode to drive more pre-orders?

EDIT: After visiting the EA site I am left with the impression this is an add-on for those that pre-order and will not be available afterward. Which would be nuts. They would be crazy to not make this readily available. It would have a market unto it's own.

If I understand correctly it will be free for those who pre order NHL 21, and those who don't pre order have to pay extra if they want to play 94 Rewind. So it will be available, but not for free.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
If NHL 94 rewind has online versus I will likely purchase, but if not I’m going to stick with just using my Sega Genesis if I want to play with friends.. and I am still NOT buying NHL 21.. i just can’t support that game anymore

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I can’t believe they are going to this well again, they already did this a few years ago.

Time has passed this game by and it might be good for a 5 minute nostalgia trip.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I can’t believe they are going to this well again, they already did this a few years ago.

Time has passed this game by and it might be good for a 5 minute nostalgia trip.
A few years ago it wasnt real though. They changed the ice colour and stuff but that's it. This is a full creation with original graphics.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
I know this probably won’t be the case, but it’d be great if the ratings were true to the NHL 94 scale, with 4th liners and 3rd pairing D rated in the 30s-50s. Kinda harsh but having every player in the 70s and 80s creates a completely different dynamic.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
It plays awesome but they didn't include online which really stinks. You can only beat up on the computer so much.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Desperation move to drive up NHL 21 sales. I strongly get the impression this year they're concerned about sales dropping off.

It's also precisely why they won't implement roster sharing.

They aren’t adding roster sharing because they are lazy.

Has nothing to do with sales.

It’s as simple as turning off the roster sharing servers if it was.

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
It plays awesome but they didn't include online which really stinks. You can only beat up on the computer so much.

If you guys have this on the PS4 ( like I do) you can work around the lack of online play. EA has said that they are looking to add that functionality at some point, but until they do, this is the best we got.
To play online on PS4 enable SHARE PLAY.
Now you can play it online!

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
By the way, NHL 94 is a BLAST!!
It took me about 2 periods in to get my Sega legs back, but once I did... awesome !!

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->