Online Series: Rumored Blizzards Diablo Netflix series

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm out if its animated.

A common opinion but I think that's a shame.

I think a big problem with Japanese anime is that they cater and pander so heavily to their audience that it doesn't leave much middle ground, you either love it or hate it. But look at it from a technical perspective, pretty much all their best fiction can be brought to a visual medium at I'd imagine fairly reasonable static costs. While The Lord of the Rings trilogy or HBO Game of Thrones live action representation would be best for anything, it's also extremely expensive and the end result is practically nothing gets made to a visual medium - although that's finally starting to change, but still just scratching the creme off the surface. So I think it's a shame that we can't find some better middle ground compromise.

In regards to Diablo here, and bridging the gap with anime/manga style, I haven't seen that Castlevania series but some Japanese publisher is making HP Lovecraft manga and I think it's style would work well here. Quick google search sample:

c0d01dd66bb0e4d6747aaa627c21bc011498189165_full.jpg

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Diablo? I'm intrigued as hell (heh). Overwatch? I don't care, although their cinematics have been cool.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Whats wrong with it being animated? A lot can be learned from a series like Castlevania when it comes to adapting video games to TV series.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Whats wrong with it being animated? A lot can be learned from a series like Castlevania when it comes to adapting video games to TV series.

I don't have a problem with animated per say, though I don't like or at least am not a huge fan of japanese anime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->