Rumored 3rd Jersey Vs. 2015-2016 Heritage Jersey

Which Sharks jersey do you prefer?

• I would purchase the rumored 2018-2019 3rd jersey, but not the 2015-2016 heritage jersey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hey guys,

I was just reading some banter in another thread about the Sharks’ rumored 3rd jerseys. It seems that most hate the rumored 3rd jersey, and I haven’t seen a single poster that doesn’t prefer the heritage jersey to the third jersey.

Now, I don’t think that anybody from the Sharks organization reads these boards, but let’s just tell ourselves that we matter, and that once in a blue moon, they do actually read these boards. I think there should be a poll that clearly shows exactly what the fan base thinks of these jerseys.

Here is the rumored 3rd jersey:

Dm7XP9zU4AA8eCO

Here is the heritage jersey:

reebok-premier-replica-san-jose-sharks-heritage-jersey-7.gif

Personally, I feel so strongly about my preference in jerseys that I would purchase a heritage jersey, but I will not purchase a 3rd jersey. Because I feel that my preference is shared by a large portion of this forum, I have included various poll options. Only vote for options 3 or 4 if you are certain that you would buy one of the jerseys, and certain that you would not buy the other.

For the sake of simplicity, assume Adidas manufactures a heritage jersey that is indistinguishably identical to the 2015-2016 heritage jersey pictured above.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'll grant that the circuit board pattern on the striping is neat, I'm just sick of black alternates. We've had one for like 20 years. Well past the expiration date of the black uni explosion in pro sports.

I don't need the heritage ones (retro jersey nostalgia is overrated. I don't feel like retros should be a constant 3rd, otherwise it'll just push people to flip out about wearing them all the time), just do something different.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Yeah I’m done with the black jerseys. Just switch back to new versions of our original jerseys again. Nothing nostalgic about the original 6 wearing updated versions of their classic jerseys. We had one of the best uniforms of all time, bring it back already.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I have liked your past black jerseys but I do not like the leaked Adidas black jersey. I would buy a Karlsson heritage jersey, those are extremely sharp.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Want to see it (in person) and/or know the price.

Not gonna make a decision today.

(FWIW, the VGK jerseys have a "rope" woven into their gold arm stripe. Real cool, but hard to see at first glance.)

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
Heritage jerseys for sure. That's how it is done. I'm a huge fan of the retro teal. I'd also love to see the white ones come out. I'd definitely buy both in a heartbeat.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Those rumored third jerseys look like those cheesey “black ice” jerseys places like Sports Authority, Dicks, and others sporting goods stores would sell. Just awful.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Heritage jerseys for sure. That's how it is done. I'm a huge fan of the retro teal. I'd also love to see the white ones come out. I'd definitely buy both in a heartbeat.

We didn't use the original, retro-teal in the heritage jerseys. It's a similar (if not the same) shade of Pacific Teal we use now.

Reactions: CPTN71 and McDeez

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I was really hoping for a grey jersey, or at least a white heritage jerseys.

I think I posted this in another thread talking about these jerseys, but the Jr Sharks are wearing these beauts this season. So clean. I never liked the "JR" branding on the older stuff.

Reactions: McDeez

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Kurz said the leaked jersey isn't confirmed and he doesn't know any of the leakers. I would much prefer the heritage or even the old black armor over the leaked one.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Kurz said the leaked jersey isn't confirmed and he doesn't know any of the leakers. I would much prefer the heritage or even the old black armor over the leaked one.

I am suprised kurz knows who joe thornton is so him not knowing some one/thing isn't to out of the norm.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
I absolutely love the heritage sweater. I'd probably buy a remake of it with Addidas materials/template. I'm just tired of bland black alternates.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I'd like a throwback version of those early 2000s sweaters. Those were unique and not too shabby
Not a bad idea, I just used that in NHL19. Honestly most of this boils down to they want to make something original, even if bad, so people have an excuse to buy one.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I love the heritage ones and I own a Thornton one but I think its time for a change up on the third. It might not be this black one, but something different would be cool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->