Rumor: (Toronto folks please confirm) FAN 590 Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
officeglen said:
If something is only confirmed by those with very low post counts, it means there is the possibility that someone registered four or five accounts, and is now "creating" this story. For example:

He posts: "On CKAC radio, they just announced that Goodenow is thinking about a job with the NFLPA!!!!!!!!!"
- then using a second account: "Hey, I heard that too! What can this mean?"
- using a third account: "Now its on FAN 590 but they say Goodenow wants to keep his NHLPA job to tell Bettman to puck you and also join the NFLPA to play ball"
- using a fourth account: "On CKAC they are now saying he may join a media circus as lead clown!!!"
- Innocent poster: "I've been listening to CKAC radio all night and haven't heard any of this."
- Using a fifth account: "What are you on drugs or something, listen to the show dude! "
- Back to using first account (now with a total of 3 posts): "Yeah, some people. Goodenow is gonezo, everybody knows that!"
etc.

I understand and respect the long time poster's points here. I was merely chiming in to let you know that the Team1200 stream was talking about this. I don't know how accurate it is. I don't even know how accurate this station is. I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm not terribly familiar with the stations up north.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Lyndon Byers said:
Anyone catch the classic exchange between Stan Fischler and Ted Saskin on The Fan590 in Toronto. Absolutely classic.

Saskin called in to let loose more of the PA's rhetoric, and Fischler ripped into him and his points. Saskin left claiming that he didn't come on to get into any discussions, he only wanted to "set the record straight", right after Fischler hit a couple nerves as to where the PA is completely wrong.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
CMUMike said:
I understand and respect the long time poster's points here. I was merely chiming in to let you know that the Team1200 stream was talking about this. I don't know how accurate it is. I don't even know how accurate this station is. I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm not terribly familiar with the stations up north.

their sources are another Radio Station (whose feed is currently down), a guy in Phoenix, and a "hockey rumors web log" (no comment).
take from that what you will.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
CMUMike said:
I'm not saying that my made-up example is true here, and it certainly appears your reports are very accurate, and I hope you continue to contribute to the forums. I'm just explaining why we sometime look for additional confirmation at first from long time HF accounts or, even better, the wonderful moderators who keep this site sane.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Chinook said:
Saskin called in to let loose more of the PA's rhetoric, and Fischler ripped into him and his points. Saskin left claiming that he didn't come on to get into any discussions, he only wanted to "set the record straight", right after Fischler hit a couple nerves as to where the PA is completely wrong.

AUDIO. FILE. NOW!

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Kevin Forbes said:
their sources are another Radio Station (whose feed is currently down), a guy in Phoenix, and a "hockey rumors web log" (no comment).

If you're referring to Fan 590, I'm getting the stream loud and clear and can confirm that they have also mentioned these rumors.

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
Kevin Forbes said:

I agree, but I don't think the guy originally posting this was presenting as fact. Just saying there were people talking. I thought i needed to post the team1200 info because he was getting hammered a bit.

I have no way of telling you how reliable this radio station might or might not be.

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
officeglen said:
I'm not saying that my made-up example is true here, and it certainly appears your reports are very accurate, and I hope you continue to contribute to the forums. I'm just explaining why we sometime look for additional confirmation at first from long time HF accounts or, even better, the wonderful moderators who keep this site sane.

Don't blame you. Thanks, by the way, for the great posts otherwise. One good aspect of the lockout, for me, was that I was pointed to this site. As you can tell, the media coverage in the US is ridiculous.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
CMUMike said:
Don't blame you. Thanks, by the way, for the great posts otherwise. One good aspect of the lockout, for me, was that I was pointed to this site. As you can tell, the media coverage in the US is ridiculous.
I concur... when this site went down, i was forced to use Eklund's blog as a source of refreshable information..

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
futurcorerock said:
I concur... when this site went down, i was forced to use Eklund's blog as a source of refreshable information..

You should probably gouge out your eyes just to be on the safe side.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
officeglen said:
If something is only confirmed by those with very low post counts, it means there is the possibility that someone registered four or five accounts, and is now "creating" this story. For example:

He posts: "On CKAC radio, they just announced that Goodenow is thinking about a job with the NFLPA!!!!!!!!!"
- then using a second account: "Hey, I heard that too! What can this mean?"
- using a third account: "Now its on FAN 590 but they say Goodenow wants to keep his NHLPA job to tell Bettman to puck you and also join the NFLPA to play ball"
- using a fourth account: "On CKAC they are now saying he may join a media circus as lead clown!!!"
- Innocent poster: "I've been listening to CKAC radio all night and haven't heard any of this."
- Using a fifth account: "What are you on drugs or something, listen to the show dude! "
- Back to using first account (now with a total of 3 posts): "Yeah, some people. Goodenow is gonezo, everybody knows that!"
etc.

Was his other post on the same topic or another unrelated thread. ;)
As for myself, I'm in denial. I still have hope that 45 will get done.

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
futurcorerock said:

A local TV station actually had the guy on twice in the last week or so. Pretty funny how his stuff got so much heat.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Reilly311 said:
wrong, I listened to the whole interview and nothing of that sort was said. Hell, you can go to the fan590.com and listen to the interview yourself. Now please, close this thread and ban everyone.

"Everyone"??

:(

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Talking about the latest rumors....Also, Kevin Lee was on before him and said that the rumor of new proposal has legs and it is for 45 Mil. Could be the news of the day tomorrow!

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
nomorekids said:
"i can't name my sources, but i've received word that the cancellation was just a trick of the eye created with mirrors and holograms, and that there is a deal in principle on the table, to be announced saturday!"

:shakehead :lol

You mean, Monday. They don't meet on weekends, rememeber? :lol: :lol

drbill28

Feb 25, 2003
Pomfret Center, CT
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
whats he saying?
He's just getting into it now. Saying about 6PM the players had something going. Just the same thing so far. Listen in.

Oh and before this Kevin Lee reported that the players actually have submitted this proposal for real now. Containing a $45 million cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad