Rumor: (Toronto folks please confirm) FAN 590 Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Ah crap.

Screw this...I'm gonna go get drunk on a wednesday. This is like an episode of 'ER'...

*ZAP*
"He's DEAD, Carter! Let it go..."
"No way, I can bring him back...CLEAR!"
*ZAP*
"Anything?"
*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"
"Damn...crank it up."
"CLEAR!"

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Digger12 said:
Ah crap.

Screw this...I'm gonna go get drunk on a wednesday. This is like an episode of 'ER'...

*ZAP*
"He's DEAD, Carter! Let it go..."
"No way, I can bring him back...CLEAR!"
*ZAP*
"Anything?"
*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"
"Damn...crank it up."
"CLEAR!"

:lol

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Cloned said:
McCown: "... it is difficult to distinguish what is factual and what is not... but there is a news story out there, that we may in fact report on specifically later on, that players are now calling Mr. Goodenow and saying let's get back on the ice, take the deal."

Granted, so what the original poster said is not totally accurate, but at this point let's leave the arguing about semantics to the League and PA, eh? :)

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Although I really doubt anything will come of it.

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
officeglen said:
Sadly, we get team 1200 right here in Ottawa for our "sports information", so we use the antique radio technology.

I'm just saying you can listen to the stream on the site and the guys on there are talking about it, It's probably garbage, I'm just telling you that somebody is talking about it.

Narg

Dec 5, 2004
officeglen said:
Personally I wish some of these posters had more than 200 posts before they started to hear things go bump in the night.

What does post count have to do with it?

In what way does post count reflect quality?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Nargamaniac said:

Trust. If say Officeglen posted something about a radio report, I would, until proven otherwise, believe him 100%. I know office, I have seen him post, he has CREDIBILITY. Now, if a guy who makes his first post says something, I won't believe it until confirmed by a poster I trust. He has no credibility, and as such, what he says must be taken with a grain of salt. Sadly.

Narg

Dec 5, 2004
Alright, my misunderstanding. I thought you implied that post count reflected quality of posts..

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Egil said:
Trust. If say Officeglen posted something about a radio report, I would, until proven otherwise, believe him 100%. I know office, I have seen him post, he has CREDIBILITY. Now, if a guy who makes his first post says something, I won't believe it until confirmed by a poster I trust. He has no credibility, and as such, what he says must be taken with a grain of salt. Sadly.

Agreed.

A lot of the newer posts here might not be familiar with the way the boards work, but for the most part...but many posters have been here a LONG time, and have built a reputation. Some good, some bad...but it's tough to give the same credence to a poster who just registered that no one has ever heard of...to a well-known, established poster with a track record for being dependable.

Lyndon Byers

Jul 6, 2004
Anyone catch the classic exchange between Stan Fischler and Ted Saskin on The Fan590 in Toronto. Absolutely classic.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
BTW, as commentary, the proverbial **** is about to hit the fan. Any players and owners who are NOT behind this (and lets face, their MUST be both some owners, and some players who are REALLY pissed at their sides right now) are NOW going to come flying out of the woodwork.

The fact that we have had NO public outbursts of rage, by members on EITHER side, at their own side gives me hope. Its one thing to tell someone that speaking out hurts our side, we will get a deal done to have a season, to telling someone that they shouldn't speak out, it hurst our side, screw the season, and quite possibly next season as well.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
Nargamaniac said:

If something is only confirmed by those with very low post counts, it means there is the possibility that someone registered four or five accounts, and is now "creating" this story. For example:

He posts: "On CKAC radio, they just announced that Goodenow is thinking about a job with the NFLPA!!!!!!!!!"
- then using a second account: "Hey, I heard that too! What can this mean?"
- using a third account: "Now its on FAN 590 but they say Goodenow wants to keep his NHLPA job to tell Bettman to puck you and also join the NFLPA to play ball"
- using a fourth account: "On CKAC they are now saying he may join a media circus as lead clown!!!"
- Innocent poster: "I've been listening to CKAC radio all night and haven't heard any of this."
- Using a fifth account: "What are you on drugs or something, listen to the show dude! "
- Back to using first account (now with a total of 3 posts): "Yeah, some people. Goodenow is gonezo, everybody knows that!"
etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->