Rumor: (Toronto folks please confirm) FAN 590 Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBreed19

Reilly311 said:
When? Listen to the interview yourself and tell me what time he said that. This is a false rumor.
It's not false , I heard it myself! :lol:

Reilly311

Cloned said:
I did listen (and watch). It was on Sportsnet. He said something about how there was a rumour but that they weren't sure about the validity of that rumour. This was in regards to asking Bettman what he would do if the PA would phone him right after McCown hung up and told him they were accepting his offer. Bettman laughed and said something to the effect of "Well, I'm not saying we would accept it but that would be an interesting problem to have."

yes, but this "players are making a new offer" is false. He's asking him "what if". This interview went on around 5 PM today, why would at 11Pm they relese this rumor/

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
:mad: :madfire: :mad: :mad: :madfire:

Please no more rumours.

Exactly what else do a bunch of us hanging out on the business of hockey board have to do? Its obvious we got plenty of time for anything.

Reilly311

NewBreed19 said:
It's not false , I heard it myself! :lol:

He never said the players are formulating a new deal, thus this thread should be locked

Verbal Kint*

You poor souls. Actually believing there was a chance. You have only yourselves to blame for the dissapointement you feel.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Reilly311 said:
yes, but this "players are making a new offer" is false. He's asking him "what if". This interview went on around 5 PM today, why would at 11Pm they relese this rumor/
Hey, I'm only confirming that he mentioned a rumor. It was such a passing remark that I'm not even sure Bettman responded to that portion of it. And this rumor wasn't released, AFAIK... as I said I tuned out after Bettman left and I don't know whether or not McCown discussed it further. He may have decided it wasn't true. I'm just trying to corroborate what the original poster said, that's it. I'm not stating the rumor as being true here.

Personally I'm rather pessimistic about a miracle "uncancelling" of the season. And IMO it would be far better at this point to just start fresh next season.

NewBreed19

Reilly311 said:
He never said the players are formulating a new deal, thus this thread should be locked
I realize this, and I didn't mention that the players were working on a deal! I was confirming what I heard Bettmen say, which he wishes he had the problem of the players accepting the 42.5 mill offer. I think that it's done like dinner(season ). I will say that I do believe that the sides are going to comunicate often, because a deal needs to be done sooner then later. The NHL and NHLPA will try to minimize the damage eventually. :(

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
There is another possibility, and this is pure speculation. A breakaway group of players, with the stealth assistance of one or more agents/lawyers, may present an offer to the NHL. The idea would be that if the NHL accepts it in principle, they would then try to force a player vote on it. However the odds of this taking place would seem to be quite low.

Reilly311

NewBreed19 said:
I realize this, and I didn't mention that the players were working on a deal!

Ok, but the original poster of this thread said:

"angry players formulating proposal to deliver to NHL. Supposedly McCowen is talking about it right now. Some of us on another board are trying to confirm this."

Which is false.

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
spartyinmd said:
Why the heck are you harping on me when all I am doing is looking for confirmation....for cripe sake I even put RUMOR on the heading. I know this isn't gospel...otherwise I would have left it off

Sorry Spart...no offense meant.

Just a little gallows humor from a hockey fan who just saw his sport implode.

Actually I hope to hell its true.

I hope the PA dumps Goodenow at the same time they present the offer.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Oh for pete sake...I don't get something right and it has to be ripped up....

According to 1200 Kevin Lee is expecting new proposal within the hour

Just an FYI

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I hear something... but to me it sounds like an over-weight woman humming... no, make that ... singing.

Nite.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
spartyinmd said:
Oh for pete sake...I don't get something right and it has to be ripped up....

According to 1200 Kevin Lee is expecting new proposal within the hour

Just an FYI

... this late at night?

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
The guys on Team 1200 claimed that Fan 590 is reporting as well, but I can't get the stream to work.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Reilly311 said:
Ok, but the original poster of this thread said:

"angry players formulating proposal to deliver to NHL. Supposedly McCowen is talking about it right now. Some of us on another board are trying to confirm this."

Which is false.
McCown: "... it is difficult to distinguish what is factual and what is not... but there is a news story out there, that we may in fact report on specifically later on, that players are now calling Mr. Goodenow and saying let's get back on the ice, take the deal."

Granted, so what the original poster said is not totally accurate, but at this point let's leave the arguing about semantics to the League and PA, eh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad