Rumor of Toyota & Porsche team-up for new MR2

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Toyota and Porsche Could Build a New MR2, Wild Rumor Suggests

Motor1 found a report on the Japanese site Spyder7 claiming that Toyota is looking to partner with Porsche or Lotus on a new MR2. The vehicle would stick the rear mid-engine layout and be powered by either a 2.8-liter or 3.0-liter V6 PHEV that puts out 345 to 395 hp. Spyder7 says the new MR2 would resemble Toyota's Alessandro Volta concept and would come in a bit pricier than the Supra with a base price above $50,000 and arrive in 2024.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I always preferred the look of the Fiero. I still want one. I think a Fiero GT with a 327 and a 4 speed would be about the most fun thing to drive.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
lol i just read the motor1 article and it broached the idea of dropping the supra.

yowza. i know the car is pricey, but why ditch it for someone very similar?

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I always preferred the look of the Fiero. I still want one. I think a Fiero GT with a 327 and a 4 speed would be about the most fun thing to drive.
I saw a Fiero just 2 days ago. I stopped traffic for about 10 seconds just to look at it lol. I couldn't believe one was still on the road

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I saw a Fiero just 2 days ago. I stopped traffic for about 10 seconds just to look at it lol. I couldn't believe one was still on the road

There are a few in the Boston area, but you can tell they are all rotted to hell. It's tough to find one that wouldn't need a total resto up here, and the good ones are asking crazy money. Maybe somebody will pay 15k for it, but at the end of the day it's still a 30 year old Pontiac that's criminally underpowered. The fast back in 86-88 GT models is a beauty though.

I still have interest in the right one. I don't mind a totally gutted interior, or even something needing paint. But body work is a no go for me.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
There are a few in the Boston area, but you can tell they are all rotted to hell. It's tough to find one that wouldn't need a total resto up here, and the good ones are asking crazy money. Maybe somebody will pay 15k for it, but at the end of the day it's still a 30 year old Pontiac that's criminally underpowered. The fast back in 86-88 GT models is a beauty though.

I still have interest in the right one. I don't mind a totally gutted interior, or even something needing paint. But body work is a no go for me.
There's a series on you tube of a guy doing a full restoration on one. Very detailed. I forget the channel name but a quick search would do if you're interested.

Also in this car class...my neighbor has a Del Sol thats still on the road. If it wasn't for him, I'd never see one again

Reactions: TD Charlie

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
There's a series on you tube of a guy doing a full restoration on one. Very detailed. I forget the channel name but a quick search would do if you're interested.

Also in this car class...my neighbor has a Del Sol thats still on the road. If it wasn't for him, I'd never see one again
I've seen that one, or something similar, on you tube guy totally redoing a Fiero.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Was it red? Just a young guy

i believe that's the one. I watched last night, neat little video. They did it right

Although I don't think I could drive a bone stock Fiero. Buick 3800, supercharged, mated to a 5 speed...I'll take it for a spin

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta

Had a friend that put a 383 stroker in a 86 (?) Fiero. That car was a lot of fun once it hooked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad