Rumor: NHLPA will not allow players to vote on their own fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

shakes said:
All unions operate this way. This is nothing new. This is why its called collective bargaining and there are player representitives
You know I was thinking the same thing actually. I mean the voting is basically done by the player reps like Irbe, Linden, Boughner and they're chosen by their teammates. This is the same way most democractic nations operate...not every single citizen (or player in the union) votes but a representative votes on behalf of a group of citizens (in this case, a team). Basically, this thread's title is totally misleading because the players do vote on their fate and the NHLPA does allow them to vote through their representatives. I figured the thread would've already been closed by now.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
eye said:
According to Dennis Beyak the NHLPA only allow players to vote on decisions that they make.

I assume he said, or meant to say proposals put forward by executive committee. That's the way the contract ratification process works.

He said the only way players can have a say is to have agents collectively ask their players to submit a secret vote and then in turn submit the votes to one or two chosen agents who could tally them and provide BIG BOY BOB with their views.

If they're unhappy they can resign from the NHLPA and form a new union. If the majority of players vote to be represented by the new union, that becomes the recognized bargaining unit for the players. There's no need to involve agents.

HckyFght*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Yes I wouldnt be suprised because your the most pro-owner poster on the HF site.
Hey, what am I, chopped liver? I thought I was the most pro owner guy on the HF site! I was calling for scabs on Sept 16...
-HckyFght!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad