Rumor: NHLPA will not allow players to vote on their own fate!

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by eye, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    According to Dennis Beyak the NHLPA only allow players to vote on decisions that they make. He said the only way players can have a say is to have agents collectively ask their players to submit a secret vote and then in turn submit the votes to one or two chosen agents who could tally them and provide BIG BOY BOB with their views.

Just another way that Goodenow keeps the muzzle on the majority view of the players while his high priced and financially secure player reps decide their fate for them. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

2. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

Thanks for no link. We'll all take your word for it :rolleyes:

3. Slats432

Slats432 Registered User

Home Page:
    gkj, Beyak is a TV guy. I am sure that someone will be able to confirm the post.

4. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

something like this isn't in a publication anywhere? I find this hard to beleive, unless he was on TV 10 minutes ago.

5. Slats432

Slats432 Registered User

Home Page:
    If the poster is quoting a guy talking on TV, then it would be tough to get a link, I would say. (He also does radio for Mojo in Toronto)

Leave it open for a while, if no one confirms, then close it.

6. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    You see here in Canada we get at least 5 hours of televised and radio hockey news almost everyday and there is no shortage of infomation. Dennis Beyak and Bill Watters discussed this topic at length yesterday so you might find some info if you go to Leafs TV or Radio 640 I believe in Toronto to see if they provide recaps of their show. I'm pretty sure they will cover it again today if you tune in between Noon and 2 PM E.S.T.

You think I just make this stuff up?

7. Slats432

Slats432 Registered User

Home Page:
    Although I believe what you say to be true, eye, there is a policy to close unconfirmed statements. Unless someone else can post in this thread confirming your post, then it will likely be closed.

8. GKJ

GKJ Global Moderator

I'm not a mod here so I can't close it.

I'm getting weary of people throwing these rumors around for the last month and nothing happen.

9. Slats432

Slats432 Registered User

Home Page:
    I agree, but the poster is stating a truth. Sports radio up here covers hockey like ESPN covers NFL and College Football combined. It would be impossible to find a link for everything. (Lord help us if everything that Bill Watters says gets put in print. :D )

10. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    I just checked MOJO radio Leafs Lunch and unfortunately they didn't provide a recap of yesterdays show. Like I said those comments will likely get repeated today. If you don't believe this comment perhaps you can email the NHLPA since Beyak said he got this information from Mike Gartner.

11. But because a person "claims" something on TV or radio doesn't make it an absolute fact. I think everyone can agree with that...the title of the thread is misleading to say the least.

12. futurcorerock

futurcorerock Registered User

I think you've been abusing the bold font way too much...

What about using like say.... italics?

Underlines are nice too. I mean expressive speech is cool and all, but mix it up?

13. Beatnik

Beatnik Registered User

Home Page:
    So when is the last time the owner had the chances to vote on the players's proposal??

This work both side and it's called good negociating. ANY side would be dump to hold a vote if the other side does'nt.

14. hockeytown9321

hockeytown9321 Registered User

Whether its true or not, eye has misled people with the title of the post. The title says Goodenow will not allow the players to vote. His post clearly states otherwise.

15. FLYLine27*

FLYLine27* BUCH

PO

Yes I wouldnt be suprised because your the most pro-owner poster on the HF site.

16. FLYLine27*

FLYLine27* BUCH

PO

Eye misleading people on the title post....again? Now theres a shock. :shakehead

17. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:

18. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    And how does it state otherwise. The body of my post supports the title of this thread 100%. If you don't believe me call Dennis Beyak yourself at MOJO 640 or star 640 on your cell and ask to speak to their producer if he isn't there.

19. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    First off, I have never made anything up except my opinions which are based on logic, common sense and a little bit of intelligence all of which often lacks in your pro player responses.

Secondly, Bettman and Daly have done a much better job than Goodenow and the players who continue in their attempt to hold the owners and the FANS hostage for their services. There are many reasons why the vast majority of fans and even media people support the owners in this fight. There is no need to rehash them because as of this moment I havn't read a single post from a pro player or NHLPA type to support their position with any kind of reasonable explanation. If you did I might just side with you from time to time because trust me I have no personal agenda here other than the fact the Coyotes have put together their best team in years and I was hoping to see just how good.

20. nyr7andcounting

nyr7andcounting Registered User

Right, if it's not your opinion than it is completely unreasonable. Gimme a break. Are you freegin Jesus Christ or something?

And you did mislead with the post title... PA will NOT allow players to vote, and than your post talks about how they will have to vote secretly through agents or somethinkg like that. Seems like two different things to me.

And talk about the PA putting the muzzle on the players, how about Bettman who is fining any owner who says anything in public about the lockout.

21. eye

eye Registered User

Home Page:
    Perhaps I have to clarify. Mike Gartner told Dennis Beyak that the NHLPA have a policy that only allows players to vote on certain matters and went on to say that the PA would not allow players to vote on whether or not they would or would not play under a cost linkage system because it doesn't fall within their guidelines of being a votable matter. Dennis Beyak's thoughts were that the only way for players to then be heard was to do it collectively through their agents by way of secret vote which in turn would be tabulated by one or two selected agents.

22. nyr7andcounting

nyr7andcounting Registered User

That does make more sense than your original post. But anyway, those secret votes tabulated by agents will in turn, as you said, be presented to the head of the PA. Wether it's an official voting process or a secret one, either way Goodenow is going to get the results.

23. hockeytown9321

hockeytown9321 Registered User

Title of the thread: "NHLPA will not allow its members to vote on their own fate."

post: "He said the only way players can have a say is to have agents collectively ask their players to submit a secret vote and then in turn submit the votes to one or two chosen agents who could tally them and provide BIG BOY BOB with their views."

I take the title to mean the players aren't allowed to vote. I take your post to mean whoever said this says they can, its just complicated. Those are two different things, and thus the title ofthe post leads one to beleive somethign that isn't true.

24. Leafer4Life

Leafer4Life Go Leafs Go!

Office Worker
    Home Page:
    Link, please?!?!?!?

25. shakes

shakes Pep City

Home Page:
    All unions operate this way. This is nothing new. This is why its called collective bargaining and there are player representitives

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.